No announcement yet.

2008 Conference Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Kelly announced on another thread, Tumblety researcher Timothy Riordan (than person responsible for finding the first ever known photo of Tumblety) has just been announced as an additional speaker at the 2008 conference. He's been researching the ol' Indian herb doctor for years, so anyone with an interest in this suspect won't want to miss it.

If you are interested in attending but haven't gotten your deposit in, be aware that the registration deadline (set for Sept. 10th so we can guarantee hotel rooms are available at the special conference pricing) is fast approaching. For more information or to register, see the conference website at www.ripperology.com/conference/

(Just thought I'd make sure all the speaker announcements were available on the same thread in case someone comes through later to look at it... I apologize to those of you hitting the "New Posts" link each day for the duplicate information.)

Dan Norder
    Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
    Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

A newcomer asks....

Hi All,
      This will be my first conference, so please forgive if this is an silly question, but do the authors who are scheduled to speak usually have copies of their books available at the conference to purchase? I've been having a tough time finding copies "London Correspondence: Jack the Ripper and the Irish Press " and "The First Jack the Ripper Victim Photographs".

Comment

^ Alan's book isn't so hard to find but if you PM'd him I'm sure he'd bring one over for you. Robert's book is extremely scarce and was all sold out within weeks of being printed in 2005. If you can find a copy second hand, you are usually looking at at least $100.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

If copies are hard to come by, perhaps the authors could bring some photostatic copies to sell, or have the books on CD. I'm sure they'd go like hotcakes.

Cheers,

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
            Alan's book isn't so hard to find
            ...it's also very, very good, Rsteff, and well worth getting.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

OK so who is going to be there from casebook besides the speakers? (who from all of us that post here)

I want to go, I have a place to stay though in Knoxville. I'd like to know who is coming that is a regular here at the forum.
              "Truth only reveals itself when one gives up all preconceived ideas. ~Shoseki

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

I'd be interested to know as well!

PHILIP
                Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Hi, Blackkat. Looks like you posted two places. You have some answers here:

Comment

Originally posted by rsteff View Post
                    Hi All,
                    This will be my first conference, so please forgive if this is an silly question, but do the authors who are scheduled to speak usually have copies of their books available at the conference to purchase? I've been having a tough time finding copies "London Correspondence: Jack the Ripper and the Irish Press " and "The First Jack the Ripper Victim Photographs".
                    Thanks Phillip, for answering this one before I noticed it. I know some of the authors who have tried to bring books over from the UK have had to pay outrageous tariffs on them. It looks like you're doing exactly the right thing by finding your own copies to bring over. It seems to be what most people do at the U.S. conference.

With the number of books published by this year's speakers, you'll need a pretty big suitcase. I guess the trick is narrowing it down to the ones you most want signed, unless you're pretty strong.

Comment

Working...
                    X