Prisoner 4374

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so intrigued I have just pre ordered the hardback version
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
      I've been doing some reading on Dr cream and if he can be placed in England during the time of these murders we have a very good suspect on our hands.He fits the bill in a lot of ways he is quite prepared to perform abortions he is quite prepared to kill women a generally nasty piece of work so I think it would make perfect sense to anybody who has an interest in this case to buy this book I have pre-orderd mine and I look forward to its arrival with great excitement.
      Hi Pinkmoon,
      Thank you. I know you're pretty well read on all things 'Ripper', so I'm very honoured that you're giving my book a chance.

I don't want to give away too much as it might spoil your read but you'll certainly find out many facts about Dr.Cream that have never been revealed to the public before.
      Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
        Hi Pinkmoon,
        Thank you. I know you're pretty well read on all things 'Ripper', so I'm very honoured that you're giving my book a chance.

I don't want to give away too much as it might spoil your read but you'll certainly find out many facts about Dr.Cream that have never been revealed to the public before.
        Amanda
        I look forward to reading it we are well overdue a decent ripper book.
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Hi Pinkie,

Absolutely! You'll find out exactly where he was, plus some very juicy details about his contacts at the time.

Amanda
          Hello Amanda.

Your reply, "find out exactly", betrays no theory, but appears to suggest you have managed to prove this claim.
          That would be a stunning revelation Amanda.

A suspect long dismissed due to an obvious(?) incarceration in Joliet Prison, was actually free, and on the streets?
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            Hello Amanda.

Your reply, "find out exactly", betrays no theory, but appears to suggest you have managed to prove this claim.
            That would be a stunning revelation Amanda.

A suspect long dismissed due to an obvious(?) incarceration in Joliet Prison, was actually free, and on the streets?
            Stunning I think stunning is an understatement out of all the characters who have been proposed as the ripper Dr Cream is the one who ticks all the boxes a nasty piece of work who I would readily say was more than capable and willing to carry out these awfull crimes and now we might now be finding out he was in the area at the time this new book might well turn this whole mystery on its head this could well be the or one of the major ripper books of all time.
            Last edited by pinkmoon; 05-09-2015, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Hi PM.

I had read somewhere, perhaps Rumbelow?, that Cream's incarceration had been confirmed even in a letter written by Cream himself.

There is an account in the press which suggests just how much of a killer Cream was.

"Let me tell you something of the fearful ferocity of Neil Cream. That man committed more murders than any other criminal I have met in my experience as a prison chaplain. The outside world believe that he murdered only one or two women. Why, on the murder roll of that terrible criminal are the names of 35 women!
              He murdered each one in cold blood."

Rev. G.P. Merrick, Chaplain Holloway Gaol.
              Wells Journal, 18 July, 1895.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi PM.

I had read somewhere, perhaps Rumbelow?, that Cream's incarceration had been confirmed even in a letter written by Cream himself.

There is an account in the press which suggests just how much of a killer Cream was.

"Let me tell you something of the fearful ferocity of Neil Cream. That man committed more murders than any other criminal I have met in my experience as a prison chaplain. The outside world believe that he murdered only one or two women. Why, on the murder roll of that terrible criminal are the names of 35 women!

Let's just wait and see if we can place him near the murder scenes if we can then it is definitely game on!exciting times await us.
                Last edited by pinkmoon; 05-09-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                  Let's just wait and see if we can place him near the murder scenes if we can then it is definitely game on!exciting times await us.
                  Perhaps you're jumping the gun Pinkmoon (& Wickerman).

I DO reveal exactly WHERE Cream was in 1888, but what you haven't considered is the knowledge he held regarding other Ripper suspects.
                  There were prominent people petitioning for his release from Joliet right from the start of his incarceration, why?
                  Enough said for now, read carefully & remember, this is a work that has taken years of research. I have Cream's complete and very extensive file from Joliet and have even used some of his own words to detail the crimes.
                  He was a complex man with complex issues.
                  Amanda

Comment

Hi PM.

Hi Jon,
                    The article from Rev. Merrick's memoirs appeared in 1895 - Cream was executed in 1892. I think there is a wide margin for exaggeration and error given the timeline.
                    To the best of my knowledge I know how many women Cream murdered and when and have recounted the circumstances in my book. It was not 35.

As for the dates of Cream's incarceration - the 'Commutation of Sentence' certificate, signed by the a Governor, is one of the images in the book.
                    It clearly shows the date of his release.
                    Amanda

Comment

Hi Jon,
                      The article from Rev. Merrick's memoirs appeared in 1895 - Cream was executed in 1892. I think there is a wide margin for exaggeration and error given the timeline.
                      To the best of my knowledge I know how many women Cream murdered and when and have recounted the circumstances in my book. It was not 35.

As for the dates of Cream's incarceration - the 'Commutation of Sentence' certificate, signed by the a Governor, is one of the images in the book.
                      It clearly shows the date of his release.
                      Amanda
                      Good enough Amanda.
                      In all fairness to your hard work, I don't think anyone here is expecting you to give away critical details.

I think $29 is a bargain for 10 years of your life

It's the 3 weeks we still have to wait for publication....

By the way, if this is not a critical detail, do you happen to know when rumors first appeared that Neil Cream had a double?
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Good enough Amanda.
                        In all fairness to your hard work, I don't think anyone here is expecting you to give away critical details.

I think $29 is a bargain for 10 years of your life

It's the 3 weeks we still have to wait for publication....

By the way, if this is not a critical detail, do you happen to know when rumors first appeared that Neil Cream had a double?
                        Hi Jon,
                        The rumours didn't start until years later, when Sir Edward Marshal Hall claimed (in his memoirs) that he defended Cream on a bigamy charge.
                        Hall stated that Cream had used a double to serve his time in Joliet. He also said that Cream was acquitted on the bigamy charge as he was serving time in an Australian prison.
                        Funnily enough the title for my book was originally going to be 'Double Cream'.
                        As I dug deeper however, I found that Cream had never set foot in Australia.

Sorry about the wait for my book release date, hope you feel it's worth it
                        Amanda

Amanda

Comment

For anyone interested, the Museum of London are hosting an exhibition of the Black Museum collection. Many of you will know that these articles haven't been on public display before.
                          The exhibition will run from mid-October to April 2016 & items include the medical bag owned by Dr.Cream.

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            Just letting off steam, seems every time I want a book it's not available here and sometimes t just gets to ya.
                            There, there. GUT, I'm sure even Australia has libraries...
                            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                            ---------------
                            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                            ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                              There, there. GUT, I'm sure even Australia has libraries...
                              Yeah, but try and get a special order through our local library.
                              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                                Yeah, but try and get a special order through our local library.
                                Next time I'm down under I'll bring you a copy Gut

Amanda

Comment

Working...
                                X