Casebook Examiner No. 2 (June 2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casebook Examiner No. 2 (June 2010)

A reminder to all that Casebook Examiner No. 2 will soon be appearing and if you have not yet subscribed you will be disappointed. If you don't act soon you stand to miss out on a number of exciting articles that include Tom Wescott on Charles Le Grand, part two of Roger J. Palmer's examination of Inspector Andrews and Francis Tumblety, a photo exclusive from Chris Phillips, an insightful essay by Stewart P. Evans, up-to-date book and CD reviews and all our other great features.

Subscribing is easy and inexpensive and full details are available at www.casebook.org/examiner Don't miss a single issue.

Don Souden,
    Editor.
    "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

It is already being said that this is the best issue of any Ripper journal ever produced in history, and for good reason.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
      It is already being said that this is the best issue of any Ripper journal ever produced in history, and for good reason.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
      My subscription is in, so if I do not get mine, I'm comin' after you Sup I loved your article Tom!

Sincerely,

Mike
      The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
      http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

I take it since I've not been mentioned, my article will be in a future issue?

Rob

Comment

When does this come out?
          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Rob,

Sorry, but in the short teaser last week I included your upcoming piece in "all our other great features" along with other regulars like Stewart's column, Ultimate Tour and so on But for the record, Rob will have another superb set of photos, old and new, of oft-neglected JtR sites along with his always entertaining commentary in the June issue. It alone will be worth the price of admission. Don't miss it.

Celesta,

Examiner will appear on the 15th of every other month, so look for No. 2 on June 15.

Don.
            "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Thanks, Don.
              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Well that makes me feel so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by mklhawley
                  I loved your article Tom!
                  Thanks Mike! It sounds like issue 2 is gonna be huge, because my Le Grand essay is the longest I've ever written, and certainly the most important. I'm sure RJ Palmer's second part on Andrews (which from what I here will be controversial) will also be long, if part 1 is anything to go by. And Rob's got a photo spread, along with all these other features. Toss in Stewart P Evans and an exclusive from the elusive Chris "I don't understand why people publish in Ripper journals" Phillips, and you have one of the all-time great Ripperological publishing events.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                    Toss in Stewart P Evans and an exclusive from the elusive Chris "I don't understand why people publish in Ripper journals" Phillips ...
                    My contribution is only a very short one. And I'm afraid I'm not really a convert to publication in Ripper journals - it's just that when Don gave me some assistance in the early stages of a piece of research a couple of years ago I promised him a paper if anything publishable came out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                      I take it since I've not been mentioned, my article will be in a future issue?

Rob
                      WE (!) were mwntioned in the last one!!!!!...haven't found us yet tho!! Broadsword................
                      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                        Well that makes me feel so much better.
                        Know your place Mr Clack......and still no word from the Postie.

Monty
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Who's Rob Clack?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I want to know when I get my own column. Ask Queen Mean: Answers on how to live your life less moronically.

Think of all the people I could help.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Sadly, I think Queen Mean is no more. Lately, it's more like Queen Moderately, Sporadically, and Selectively Offensive, at best.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                              X