Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by Wickerman 10 hours ago.
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by Sam Flynn 12 hours ago.
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by Wickerman 12 hours ago.
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by Wickerman 12 hours ago.
Witnesses: What EXACTLY did Maurice Lewis say? - by Joshua Rogan 13 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - by Herlock Sholmes 13 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - (11 posts)
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - (8 posts)
Witnesses: Our Charles Cross - (6 posts)
Witnesses: What EXACTLY did Maurice Lewis say? - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Witnesses

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #71  
Old 07-14-2016, 10:38 PM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Holy cow! I guess his widow had a few bucks from the will!

Columbo
I'd have expected so.
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-14-2016, 10:44 PM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUT View Post
I'd have expected so.
I'll probably end up in a coffee can on a shelf. Probably in the garage.

Columbo
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-14-2016, 10:46 PM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
I'll probably end up in a coffee can on a shelf. Probably in the garage.

Columbo
When we were breeding dogs I always said "Just feed me to the dogs". Probably a better finish than I'll get.
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-15-2016, 03:54 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstrange169 View Post
Your argument belongs on the "Lechmere Continued Thread" please leave there and not disrupt yet another thread.

If anyone wants to talk about Dr. Llwellyn on this thread then it should about his grave, which I believe is in the same cemetery.
The thread is called Lechmere graves and tragedy, not Llewellyn graves and tragedy.

Maybe you did not notice?
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-15-2016, 03:55 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 17,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Hi Fisherman,

I have to disagree with the last sentence. We can look at the evidence at hand and make a fairly sound judgement on why she didn't buy a grave at the time of his death.

You're currently involved in other threads about a theory that cannot be proven and also should not be discarded but assumptions have been made on the evidence available, so why can we not do it here?

Columbo
Assume away, by all means!

I am just saying that I find it impossible myself to speculate what applies.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 07-15-2016, 06:08 PM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss marple View Post
It has absolutely no significence. The nature of common graves is that bodies are placed where there is space in a communal grave. If the graves are full they would not be used, twenty years had passed. Also burial in a common grave does not consider relatives. No one is going to search through registers looking for relatives because it has no bearing on the case. The original grave location may have been forgotten to family as there are no markers. There was a war on, more important things to worry about.

Miss Marple
As I'm going to continue to "assume" This is the simplest and most logical explanation and it also comes from a professional in the field, unlike the second hand explanations and interpretations of others professional opinions that haunt this forum from time to time.

It has been intimated although not said outright that Liz consciously chose not to be buried with Charles because he was a killer. Since there is no concrete evidence (contemporary or otherwise) that Lechmere was a killer there is absolutely no reason to accept this is why she was buried where she was. They had several children and it may very well have been their decision where to bury her.

It is apparent that Miss Marple is correct. Pro-suspect people tend to make ambiguous statements and insinuations, such as the case here, and then when cornered by a question or request they tend to pull out the old standard "We'll never know" or "You can't be sure and shouldn't speculate", when this is what they're doing on other threads to boast their theory.

Hypocrisy is rampant and when you see it in writing, you realize how ridiculous people can be when they don't want to face facts.

Columbo
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-15-2016, 06:20 PM
Mayerling Mayerling is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Flushing, New York
Posts: 2,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
As I'm going to continue to "assume" This is the simplest and most logical explanation and it also comes from a professional in the field, unlike the second hand explanations and interpretations of others professional opinions that haunt this forum from time to time.

It has been intimated although not said outright that Liz consciously chose not to be buried with Charles because he was a killer. Since there is no concrete evidence (contemporary or otherwise) that Lechmere was a killer there is absolutely no reason to accept this is why she was buried where she was. They had several children and it may very well have been their decision where to bury her.

It is apparent that Miss Marple is correct. Pro-suspect people tend to make ambiguous statements and insinuations, such as the case here, and then when cornered by a question or request they tend to pull out the old standard "We'll never know" or "You can't be sure and shouldn't speculate", when this is what they're doing on other threads to boast their theory.

Hypocrisy is rampant and when you see it in writing, you realize how ridiculous people can be when they don't want to face facts.

Columbo
Are you a professional police officer or detective? Or if not, what is your profession?

Jeff
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-15-2016, 06:51 PM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
As I'm going to continue to "assume" This is the simplest and most logical explanation and it also comes from a professional in the field, unlike the second hand explanations and interpretations of others professional opinions that haunt this forum from time to time.

It has been intimated although not said outright that Liz consciously chose not to be buried with Charles because he was a killer. Since there is no concrete evidence (contemporary or otherwise) that Lechmere was a killer there is absolutely no reason to accept this is why she was buried where she was. They had several children and it may very well have been their decision where to bury her.

It is apparent that Miss Marple is correct. Pro-suspect people tend to make ambiguous statements and insinuations, such as the case here, and then when cornered by a question or request they tend to pull out the old standard "We'll never know" or "You can't be sure and shouldn't speculate", when this is what they're doing on other threads to boast their theory.

Hypocrisy is rampant and when you see it in writing, you realize how ridiculous people can be when they don't want to face facts.

Columbo
Yep, plenty of it goes on around here.
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-15-2016, 06:59 PM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayerling View Post
Are you a professional police officer or detective? Or if not, what is your profession?

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I'm a Computer Systems Administrator. I specialize in Mac OSX, Windows and Linux Servers.

Jack the Ripper is a very part-time hobby with me as is crime as a whole. I do not claim to be an expert on this subject at all.

Columbo
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-15-2016, 09:35 PM
drstrange169 drstrange169 is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 970
Default

I suspect the opening words of the memoriam card issued by the family might help clear up any mystery.
Attached Images
 
__________________
dustymiller
aka drstrange


"Whenever an expert says something that bolsters the Lechmere theory, it is not my task to disprove him ..."
Fisherman
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.