Please allow me to introduce myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elmore 77 View Post
    Thanks Jeff,it seems that Bond's story is either him bigging himself up or the result of Chinese whispers.I did see something about a Prussian delivering a message to Garibaldi on the day Bond set out,perhaps Bond met somebody who claimed to be him,or who had taken a message to Gary Baldy(Melchester Rovers Inside Half)
    The old time crooner and actor, Rudy Vallee (best recalled for singing songs like "I'm Just a Vagabond Lover", and "The Wiffenpoof Song" with a megaphone and wearing a college sweater - he turned a lot of hearts in the U.S.A. back about 1930, so go figure - and for film roles in "The Palm Beach Story" and "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" (as the head of the company, "Mr. J. B. Biggly"), once had a song about his girlfriend who (in the song) is shown to be not mentally challenged, but intellectually challenged. One of the pair of lines in it ran:

"She's so dumb, she really makes the scene.
    She thinks that "Garibaldi" is a hair-removal cream!"

I'm just reporting that lyric (she also thought that "Rudy Vallee" was "a street in Paris, France!").

Jeff

Comment

I like it,Frankie's brother,perhaps?

Comment

Hi Jeff,

May I ask a question of you? Thanks ��

Having studied the antecedents of Bond to the level of that you have done..and ignoring all else..would you categorise the possibility of some sort of involvement in the WM at some stage in terms of percentages from your own perspective please?
        Important to note.. when I say "involvement. .at some stage" Imean not in every murder..but as a participant in one or more.
        0 % ...no participation at all.
        0-10 % ... small possibility
        10-25% ...small to fair possibility
        25-50% ...fair to good possibility
        50-75% ...good to very good possibility
        75%+ .......very good +

In asking..I recall the watching and surveillance of the Birminham connection.. and have a thought towards another well known doctor I myself rate at 0-10% possibility
        Discussion of the various doctors and coroners who were involved in the original investigation.

Many thanks

Phil
        Last edited by Phil Carter; 01-17-2017, 07:07 PM.
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
        Accountability? ....

Comment

If I could just give a little background.I think it was last year Wynne Weston-Davies was posting here as Prosector about Jack's surgical skill and I was very impressed,so I bought his book.I remember him saying somewhere that he didn't think Bond had anything to do with the murders and,perhaps rather perversely I began pondering about the possibility that he was, in fact, the culprit.The more I looked,the more convinced I became that not only was he a good suspect for the WCM,but also the Torso murders.My website is five pages long,so can be read in 20 minutes and basically highlights a series of 'coincidences'and information that has been overlooked by most.
          Hi Phil,hope this clarifies my position a bit,the coincidences are too strong to dismiss lightly,I think.I hope to add a paragraph about the letters in the next day or two,thanks

Comment

I've now added a paragraph about the 'Ripper' letters on page 3.I just want to highlight a couple of other points that I think deserve serious attention.It's interesting that other people suggest a member of the 'officer class' as a potential suspect.I think it's one of the most difficult barriers to cross and a question that still troubles me.Could a successful man be a serial killer?
            Whoever suggested William Gull as a suspect was thinking along obvious lines,I expect everyone has mulled over the idea of a deranged gynaecologist.The daft bit is in proposing the Queen's doctor.Surely it makes more sense to consider a gynaecologist to the unfortunates?
            Thomas Bond spent 8 years at the Lock Hospital.Any woman who was suspected of 'loose morals' could be arrested and forcibly examined.I've seen it described as rape by speculum.Eight years,thousands of women,constantly in contact with their cervixes.Now look at Mary Kelly.If you've ever wondered about Jack's previous criminal activity,Bond was involved in state sanctioned sexual abuse for 8 years.To add insult to injury they made them go to church.
            Bond's hobby was chasing terrified woodland creatures for miles on horseback and watching as they were shot,beheaded and disembowelled(deer) or torn to shreds by hounds(fox).
            Bond was appointed Surgeon to the Met. largely bacause he was the closest G.P. and it gave him the perfect cloak of respectability.It didn't make him good or honest,he was still a complete and utter turd.

Comment

I've just added my theory to my website.If you'd like to see it,go to the legal notice page,thanks

Comment

On a T.V chatshow the other day,a clergyman stated that sex outside marriage was a sin and that it was solely for procreation.In saying that, he effectively condemned almost the whole of humanity as 'sinners'!!!It's a very outmoded attitude,but I had to wonder if it wasn't a much more prevalent way of thinking in Victorian times.
                The Lock Hospitals treated V.D and tried to reform prostitutes to leave their 'lives of sin' behind.They were funded largely by charity and there is often an altruistic streak in the words of the people associated with them,a desire to help the women escape from the vicious circle of their lives of poverty and immorality.
                The Guardians of the St Georges Union,London,provided many years ago 'a special lock hospital in the midst of low brothels and common lodging houses,the inhabitants of which were described by Mr Bond,the surgeon to the hospital as 'soldiers women,a low,dirty and wretched class,the shame of humanity'.Which is why he went around killing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                  Hi Jeff,

May I ask a question of you? Thanks ��

Having studied the antecedents of Bond to the level of that you have done..and ignoring all else..would you categorise the possibility of some sort of involvement in the WM at some stage in terms of percentages from your own perspective please?
                  Important to note.. when I say "involvement. .at some stage" Imean not in every murder..but as a participant in one or more.
                  0 % ...no participation at all.
                  0-10 % ... small possibility
                  10-25% ...small to fair possibility
                  25-50% ...fair to good possibility
                  50-75% ...good to very good possibility
                  75%+ .......very good +

In asking..I recall the watching and surveillance of the Birminham connection.. and have a thought towards another well known doctor I myself rate at 0-10% possibility
                  Discussion of the various doctors and coroners who were involved in the original investigation.

Many thanks

Phil
                  I wonder if you are addressing this to the right party Phil. I'm not the one who created this thread, nor have I done huge research about Dr. Bond (elmore did). However, to answer your question, I'd go 10% to 25% involvement based on what has been presented by elmore.

Jeff

Comment

I can't find it at present,but the other day I was reading an article on Lock Hospitals in which the author witnessed the surgeon examine 58 women in under 2 hours.Allowing for the probability that the Lock at the workhouse was a lot less busy than the London Lock Hospital,if we said Bond saw 58 women a week,50 weeks a year for 8 years,that's a total of 23,200 exams.Cervical discharge was the common symptom,personal hygiene was not a priority. As you can see from my previous post,he was no friend to these women,he judged them as the lowest form of life.Many would have resented being there,tears and tantrums would likely have been a daily occurence.
                    Bond was a clean freak as you'd hope a surgeon to be.But,he was also a god botherer and his job was treating people who had more often than not come to him through their own 'immorality'.He was probably heartily sick of seeing women leave after being cured only to show up again a week or two later with a fresh dose of the 'clap'.
                    If sex outside marriage was regarded as 'sinning',consider the attitude to women shagging in alleyways with allcomers and spreading potentially fatal diseases.
                    In calling them 'soldiers women' he not only denigrates them but also the soldiers.Considering he went to Prussia in the hope of witnessing battlefield surgery,the obvious conclusion is that he wasn't interested in helping the injured men,but just wanted to expand his experience of dreadful injuries.I wonder what his war hero sons and grandsons would think of that.
                    A question; If Bond held these women in such contempt,why did he stay in the job for 2 years after gaining his appointment at Westminster?

Comment

I just started reading an article which delineates prostitutes as working class women and 'fallen' women as middle class.The perception being that the 'fallen' had been seduced and abandoned,lost their social connections and fallen into poverty and vice.Bond's sister-in-law appears to have been heading down that path after her broken engagement prior to her admission to Bethlem in 1873 .

Comment

'William Acton and others believed it was women and not men that were the source of contagion for venereal disease.Prostitutes were defined as 'The Great
                        Social Evil'and as women who had a sexual impulse like men'
                        Prostitutes were obviously reviled in those days,killing them is not such a huge leap,but what sort of man wants a uterus?

Comment

Last weekend I noticed some very interesting coincidences regarding timings which I've added in various locations,plus a few lines about Louisa Osborn at the foot of page 4

Comment

'William Acton and others believed it was women and not men that were the source of contagion for venereal disease.Prostitutes were defined as 'The Great
                            Social Evil'and as women who had a sexual impulse like men'
                            Prostitutes were obviously reviled in those days,killing them is not such a huge leap,but what sort of man wants a uterus?
                            Maybe he did not want a uterus.

Maybe he did think that these types of women were not worthy of having such.

Pierre

Comment

A bit of text went missing so I've redone it.It's on page 4 and concerns the timing of the Camp murder,sorry about that.
                              Pierre,I'm sure he regarded them as pond life,so probably not worthy of anything at all.

Comment

I just started reading an article which delineates prostitutes as working class women and 'fallen' women as middle class.The perception being that the 'fallen' had been seduced and abandoned,lost their social connections and fallen into poverty and vice.Bond's sister-in-law appears to have been heading down that path after her broken engagement prior to her admission to Bethlem in 1873 .
                                Ironically,the son in law of my JtR suspect was appointed assistant medical officer at Bethlem around that time.By 1878 chief medical officer.Resigned 1888.

1871 saw another Westminster notable became the Baronet of Brook Street.
                                JtR was his protege.

Thomas Stevenson,toxicologist on four of the biggest cases of the era,was on the St Leonard Vestry Board with my suspect.

Small world.
                                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Working...
                                X