Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper

The new game is being released by the Adventure company. The previous Sherlock Holmes games are quite good, and I will definitely be purchasing this latest installment.

What do you guys think about it? From what I've read and seen, it's going to be really accurate in depicting Whitechapel in 1888.

I played it and enjoyed it! first time through i found it a bit tedious but its a good game for those interested in jack or Sherlock Holmes like myself.

Comment

Im playing this at the moment on the Xbox. Ive just worked out that jtr lives in the Algate district of Whitechapel , a lot of fun to play. It would be interesting to see how accurate Holmes's investigation is!

Low point was the Dear Boss letter, which was worded rather differently!

Comment

I have no doubt that Sherlock Holmes smokes a pipe of better quality than Joseph Barnett's clay one found at the murder scene of Mary Jane Kelly.

Comment

I have no doubt that Sherlock Holmes smokes a pipe of better quality than Joseph Barnett's clay one found at the murder scene of Mary Jane Kelly.

Don't be too sure. Holmes's favorite pipe was his "old and oily" black clay pipe mentioned in "A Case of Identity," "The Blue Carbuncle," "The Copper Beeches," "Red Headed League" and Hound of the Baskervilles, among others. A favored pipe is like an old friend whose comfortable company is sought above that of all others.

Don.
          "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

By far this is the best of the Holmes games. The others are good, although Nemesis annoys me by being First Person only, the clues are far easier to find in third person. Another reason this is the best? The clipboard sections for clues, and crime scene investigations are far better than the "type the answer to the quiz" mechanics in other games.
            There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

I finished this game a while back, it is a very interesting and enjoyable game and recommend it to anyone with an interest in JtR even if only for the entertainment value.

Comment

Wow this game is impressive! Even has John Richardson, Schwartz & lipski, hardiman, tumblety, sickert, bulling, I'm half expecting the pinchin torso to pop up next!..more in depth than some ripper books I've read! Really awesome to explore the crime scenes and walk around whitechapel.

Comment

I just got an x-box! I've been killing dragons and bandits like nobody's business for two solid weeks now. These Sherlock games are -definitely- on my must-get list.

Comment

Sounds interesting, pity I don't have an X Box and probably couldn't play one f did.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      Sounds interesting, pity I don't have an X Box and probably couldn't play one f did.
                      They make a pc version gut

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                        They make a pc version gut
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

G'day Rocky

Once upon a peanut I programmed computers, but have never played a game on one.

Other than patience.
                          G U T

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Spider Solitaire, myself.

I don't like playing complex games on the pc, as I am (thanks to a long-ago ear/head injury) almost completely left-right dyslexic in situations where I can't stop to ponder which is left and right, and often I just mix them up anyway despite best intentions (having backed into a river trying to go forward, and driven left into a tree, trying to turn right, I also do not drive in the interests of public safety). PC gameplay is just too fiddly.. I find a great lumpy controller helps, for some reason. Playstation is actually a bit easier than X-box for me, probably due to the fact there's a lot less L1&2, R1&2 action on PS games.

GUT, X-box is amazing. Though I make the kids plug it all in, like a proper fogey, it's actually not too hard to figure out. I'm enjoying Dragon Age: Inquisition a great deal, presently, despite having never played the previous related games (which are a bit clunky, in comparison). I urge you, sir, to get hip.

.. by which I don't mean 'get a new hip'.
                            Last edited by Ausgirl; 01-23-2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ausgirl View Post
                              I'm a huge fan of Spider Solitaire, myself.
                              Made the mistake of introducing the bride to spider on the Ipad, now I'm lucky to get tea. But she still can't beat my low moves.

I don't like playing complex games on the pc, as I am (thanks to a long-ago ear/head injury) almost completely left-right dyslexic in situations where I can't stop to ponder which is left and right, and often I just mix them up anyway despite best intentions (having backed into a river trying to go forward, and driven left into a tree, trying to turn right, I also do not drive in the interests of public safety). PC gameplay is just too fiddly.. I find a great lumpy controller helps, for some reason. Playstation is actually a bit easier than X-box for me, probably due to the fact there's a lot less L1&2, R1&2 action on PS games.

GUT, X-box is amazing. Though I make the kids plug it all in, like a proper fogey, it's actually not too hard to figure out. I'm enjoying Dragon Age: Inquisition a great deal, presently, despite having never played the previous related games (which are a bit clunky, in comparison). I urge you, sir, to get hip.
                              My kids had all those, X-Box, Wi Atari [from original to 64] and I'd join in from time to time, was actually a wizz on ol' Mario Cart and one my son had based on James Bond.

But of course all that went as they go.

.. by which I don't mean 'get a new hip'.
                              Think I'll need one soon.
                              G U T

Comment

Working...
                              X