picture of mary kelly's room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    You're gonna love this, Dan - it wasn't even my idea in the first place! (Cue witty riposte )
    Is "I know" a witty riposte? That's all I got.

Dan Norder
    Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
    Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

[QUOTE=Doctor X;7467]I am just wondering why it would not have been noticed by the investigators who actually went into the room.
      QUOTE]

They were too busy jotting down the telephone number on the wall,

0800-maybrick-did-it-01
      Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
        Merely disagreeing with you or objecting to some of your actions doesn't mean I don't respect you. You're clearly in the group of people who makes an effort to get more knowledge and tries to sort it out.
        Thank you, Dan. Reciprocated.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
          They were too busy jotting down the telephone number on the wall,

0800-maybrick-did-it-01
          A MASONIC SYMBOL!!!1111!! [!--Ed.]

--J.D.

Comment

Hi again,

Before the Masons make an appearance here, just wanted to say that I referred to Sams seeing the numbers when we did during that thread, not concluding from that what I did. And I was right Dan, you were much nicer to Sam....and rightfully so.

Cheers.

Comment

Hello you all!

The "FM" and "26" are not the only things "appearing" on the wall.

In some copies there looks like, that there is a crucifix on the wall... And the "From Hell" people took everything out of it!

If I remember correctly, Dan Norder showed the technical thing causing the effect on some copies. So, that is also just a myth too!!!

So, if you still have it somewhere, go ahead and present it, Dan!

All the best
              Jukka
              "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

****** ******** **********ITs blood spattering! Nothing else!!!!

Now The distance between the bed and the wall IS interesting!!!!
                'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Hi Phizzie,

Some people see what hey want to see.

When I look at the image I see either blood spatter or a fault in the image, nothing more, but for many diary folk, they see the FM as a sign that Maybrick did it.

Much the same was we see patterns in the clouds, stars and simulcra in nature.
                  Many diary folk, Mike?

I can't speak for Shirley, of course, but if she still thinks Maybrick drew FM on the wall in blood (despite no evidence that anybody did, plus the fact that not even the diary author makes any such claim ), then she may well be the only surviving diary theorist/enthusiast to do so.

Originally posted by Phizzie View Post

I'm new to the site - not new to Jack the Ripper. A big interest for me for 10 years

If everyone says the diary is a fake and was writen inside the last 20 years or so...

...Hey - what if the watch was found first and someone thought Wow this is good! J Maybrick written in it! What if this watch is really genuine? Turgoose says the scratches are old, doesnt he? J Maybrick was Jack the Ripper! We got his watch so lets write a diary now and make some real money out if it! Possibility?

Phizzie
                  Hi Phizzie, and welcome to the site.

Not everyone ‘says’ the diary was created inside the last 20 years or so. A few might claim to 'know' that this is the case, but many more acknowledge that the evidence does not allow them to say anything for certain about its age or origins.

Most people don’t express an opinion at all and keep well away from the subject on these boards, so we just don’t know what ‘everyone’ would say if they chose to air their views. I do know from long experience that merely questioning the evidence for saying it's a recent fake can earn posters a long spell in ridicule corner. So I can see how newcomers might think the loudest voices were speaking from authority and speaking for everyone.

The writing inside of the back of the watch was actually discovered by a workmate of the watch’s owner, who had taken his timepiece into work one day following an episode of the long-running tv series, the Antiques Roadshow, which I understand featured a gold watch or watches.

The owner happens to be one of the warmest, gentlest and most generous men I have ever known. He and his wife recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. The discovery was made a year after he had purchased the watch, and over a year after the diary emerged. So I’m afraid there appears to be no way that anyone could have found the writing in the watch first, decided to write the diary round it and then engineered the circumstances that led to both artefacts emerging.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Jack the Ripper, The American Connection, Shirley Harrison, Illustration Insert, states

"The horrifically mutilated remains of Jack the Ripper's final victim, Mary Kelly. On the wall behind her are FM, Florence Maybrick's Initials".

Jack the Ripper, The Final Chapter, p73 Paul H Feldman poses the question,

"I wondered was the diary genuine? Had James Maybrick used the heart of his victim to scrape on the rough walls of that small room in Millers Court the initials of his unfaithful wife?"

The Diary of Jack the Ripper, p151 Shirley Harrison states,
                    "Paul Feldman may have used it to write the initials on Mary Kellys Room"

And that the initials can be seen in Stephen Knights Jack the Ripper, The Final Solution.

People refer to me as the "RDS guy", I refer to the people above as "Diary Folk"
                    Regards Mike

Comment

Hi all......I think they are indeed the numbers 26. Standard issue East End black metal front door numbers....same size and style that had remained the same since Victorian times, that I can remember my nan and grandad having.Probably because logic told them that the house number was never going to change so why change what was provided free of charge?

Comment

The Diary of Jack the Ripper, p151 Shirley Harrison states,
                        "Paul Feldman may have used it to write the initials on Mary Kellys Room"
                        Paul Feldman did that? Wow.

Dan Norder

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
                          Paul Feldman did that? Wow.

Paul Feldman believes Maybrick may have used it to write the initials!!
                          Regards Mike

Comment

My copy of the Diary (Hyperion U.S. hardback edition) mentions the alleged FM prominently in two different photo captions without mentioning Paul Feldman, so presumably Shirley Harrison did endorse the idea herself at that time.

Dan Norder

Comment

Caroline Morris assures us that,

"The owner [of the watch] happens to be one of the warmest, gentlest and most generous men I have ever known. He and his wife recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary."

From which we can conclude.... absolutely nothing.

The notion that "nice guys" don't paticipate in shady activities is belied by the long and wonderful history of crime and cons.

Of course,

--John

Comment

What a nice man you are, Omlor. You seem able to conclude an awful lot about people's behaviour and motives from absolutely nothing.

Hi Mike,

I think Shirley meant that Feldy had suggested Maybrick used Mary's heart to put the bloody FM on the wall.

So where was I? Oh yes, as I was saying, Shirley may well be the only surviving member of the 'diary folk' who thinks the FM was really daubed on the wall. Feldy is of course no longer on 'our' side.

Anyone else?

Love,

Caz
                                X
                                Last edited by caz; 04-02-2008, 07:33 PM.
                                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                                X