• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Robert and good luck!

Frogg.

Comment

Dont Forget!!!!!

The Whitechapel Society short story competition is still open to all and sundry with a prize of £100 (or which ever currency) and you will be supporting the Society as well-The only such society based in the East End-so get those pens out and thinking caps on!!!
      details can be found at www.whitechapelsociety.com

Alan

Comment

I like the prize, £100.00 - but could it be upped to £100.00000? In return I will pay an entry fee of £5.0000.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
          I like the prize, £100.00 - but could it be upped to £100.00000? In return I will pay an entry fee of £5.0000.
          You drive a hard bargain, Robert!

Comment

DONT FORGET!!!!!!!!

The 2009 Whitechapel Society Short-Story Competition is still open to all you budding authors and wordsmiths.
            just go to the website (www.whitechapelsociety.com) and enter there for your chance to win £100

Alan

Comment

Oh bugger. it's been reduced from £100.00 to just £100 - still, when you consider negative inflation, that's fair enough.

Comment

ok

so it has to start like that? But poetic licence is allowed?
                babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Robert,

Tell you what? We will go halves with you on your original proposal; you can pay £50,000 enty and we will pay out £100 prize money if you win!

Only problem for you is raising funds - you could always become an M.P.

ADRIAN.
                  Hello

Comment

Hi Adrian

I'll consider it - my ducks could do with a plasma TV for their duck house. There's not much to do all day if you're a duck.

Comment

Robert,

I wonder if an M.P. was to enter our Short Story Competition could they put it down on expenses?

ADRIAN.
                      Hello

Comment

No, seriously!

Getting back on the subject of the Whitechapel Society Short Story Competition, we can now confirm that we have the backing of the Arts Council of England and the Scottish book trust who have backed our competition.

We also have the backing of the BBC sponsored Short Story Campaign as our Short Story Competition is featured on the Booktrust website.

To find out more about this visit:

Not only all that, but all entries will be judged by the award winning writer; Brian L. Porter author of STUDY IN RED.

The winning entry will also get published and there is also that parliament busting £100 prize to be won!

ADRIAN.
                        (Editor: Whitechapel Society Journal)
                        Hello

Comment

Blimey, the whole thing's very illustrious. I'm going to to have to aim higher than the Ernie Wise effort like what I was originally preparing.

Comment

Hallo All!
                            don't forget your chance to enter a short story in our competition is still there to be taken at www.whitechapelsociety.com with the chance to win 100 Harry Potters (or 100 quid-eachs) so don't delay and get scribbling!!!!

Alan

Comment

Theres still time for all you budding diarists or non-diarists to enter the whitechapel society short story competition at www.whitechapelsociety.com and have the chance of that 100 knicker nestling in your sky rocket in time for christmas!!!!

Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X