Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Rippercast: False Flag: Jack The Ripper with author Stephen Senise - by Varqm 23 minutes ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - by Graham 3 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - by Herlock Sholmes 3 hours ago.
A6 Murders: scan of Hanratty statement re Rhyl alibi - by Spitfire 3 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - by Herlock Sholmes 3 hours ago.
Bury, W.H.: "...but because you are going to hang me you will get nothing out of me..." - by Wyatt Earp 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
General Discussion: Do you think it will be solved? - (11 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - (5 posts)
Rippercast: False Flag: Jack The Ripper with author Stephen Senise - (4 posts)
Shades of Whitechapel: Dennis Nilsen - (4 posts)
Doctors and Coroners: Eddowes' gut cut - (4 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: Was Whitechapel really any worse than other areas of London? - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Lechmere/Cross, Charles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #901  
Old 06-28-2017, 08:15 AM
Elamarna Elamarna is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 3,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Flower View Post
Christer, I personally think the weakest element of your argument is the idea that Cross/Lechmere murdered Nichols because he had prematurely ejaculated over her abdomen and then been forced to pay up anyway by Nichols, who mocked his anger by saying, "Don't be so cross, Cross!"

It's an absurd idea unsupported by any evidence, and the fact that you've never claimed to believe it is simply no defense!
Personally I feel that it is as strong a case as many. In the high possibles on my system, but no more.

Sorry to be serious for a second.

Over,

Anyway am currently in the Ten Bells enjoying a pint or two, having been taking a day off Bucks Row and research my next project Mitre square.


Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #902  
Old 06-28-2017, 08:21 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Flower View Post
Christer, I personally think the weakest element of your argument is the idea that Cross/Lechmere murdered Nichols because he had prematurely ejaculated over her abdomen and then been forced to pay up anyway by Nichols, who mocked his anger by saying, "Don't be so cross, Cross!"

It's an absurd idea unsupported by any evidence, and the fact that you've never claimed to believe it is simply no defense!
I humbly admit to this. Itīs a bummer to have it disclosed to the world, but thatīs how it goes - we reap what inventive people sow.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #903  
Old 06-28-2017, 08:23 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
Personally I feel that it is as strong a case as many. In the high possibles on my system, but no more.

Sorry to be serious for a second.

Over,

Anyway am currently in the Ten Bells enjoying a pint or two, having been taking a day off Bucks Row and research my next project Mitre square.


Steve
Thereīs dedication for us all to marvel at - when he takes a day off, he spends it at the Ten Bells...
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #904  
Old 06-28-2017, 08:24 AM
Premium Member
caz caz is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 6,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
I sincerely hope we are done with this miscomprehension of yours. I donīt mind being heavily criticised for what I think, but I am quite opposed to having what I DONīT think pointed to as weaknesses in my theory.

Maybe you could ask before posting next time? It would help.

Thank you.
Okay, thanks Fishy. I will happily and heavily criticise your thinking on every aspect of the Lechmere theory. The theory itself might be marvellous, wonderful, terrific, incredibly good if you were to produce any evidence to support your thinking. And it will survive as a theory all the while Lechmere cannot be proven innocent.

It's just your thinking on the subject that does my head in and - IMHO - does the theory itself few favours.

Howzat?

Love,

Caz
X
__________________
"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #905  
Old 06-28-2017, 08:27 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz View Post
Okay, thanks Fishy. I will happily and heavily criticise your thinking on every aspect of the Lechmere theory. The theory itself might be marvellous, wonderful, terrific, incredibly good if you were to produce any evidence to support your thinking. And it will survive as a theory all the while Lechmere cannot be proven innocent.

It's just your thinking on the subject that does my head in and - IMHO - does the theory itself few favours.

Howzat?

Love,

Caz
X
Much, much better than any posting making points on my behalf that I have never made myself.

I am sorry to be responsible for doing your head in, but you may need to ponder how that could well owe to how you misunderstand and misinterpret things very badly. I mean, if I had REALLY made the point that Lechmere was bold as a bear one second and scared as a rabbit the next, it would be bonkers.

What if your whole idea about the Lechmere theory builds on similarly poor understanding, Caz?

Maybe there is still hope.

Last edited by Fisherman : 06-28-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #906  
Old 06-28-2017, 08:27 AM
Elamarna Elamarna is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 3,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
Thereīs dedication for us all to marvel at - when he takes a day off, he spends it at the Ten Bells...

Only a day off from Bucks Row.

To be honest these days I am a full time researcher. Hate that term, prefer analyst. There are much better researchers out there, David and Edward to mention just two.

Even on a day off I posted a request for help on Bucks Row.

Sad!!!

Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #907  
Old 06-28-2017, 08:34 AM
Bridewell Bridewell is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bottesford, Leicestershire
Posts: 3,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
Completely wrong!
In your opinion.

Quote:
Paul disturbed Lechmere, but who disturbed Diemschutz ?!
Paul didn't disturb Lechmere. Lechmere disturbed Paul - who tried to get past Lechmere but was prevented from doing so.

Quote:
and where did you find in my post that Lechmere was found over the body ?!
Here you go:

"Paul was hurrying to the scene of the murder when he spotted Lechmere standing where the still bleeding woman was." (My italics)

Paul didn't 'spot' Lechmere. Lechmere was standing in the middle of the road.

If by "standing where the still bleeding woman was" you are suggesting something other than that he was found over the body then fair enough.
__________________
Regards, Bridewell.

Last edited by Bridewell : 06-28-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #908  
Old 06-28-2017, 08:50 AM
Henry Flower Henry Flower is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hackney Wick
Posts: 1,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
Only a day off from Bucks Row.

To be honest these days I am a full time researcher. Hate that term, prefer analyst. There are much better researchers out there, David and Edward to mention just two.

Even on a day off I posted a request for help on Bucks Row.

Sad!!!

Steve
Talking of 'anal'ysis...

Steve, on an occasion many many years ago I had a couple of guests over from the US, academics, and hearing of my keen interest in the Whitechapel Murders they demanded a guided tour. I happily provided one, and we ended it, unsurprisingly, at the Ten Bells. This was way before the gentrification of Spitalfields had begun, and so you can imagine their surprise as we opened the door (this was a Monday lunchtime) and entered, to be greeted by the sight of a nude waif-like lady dancing erotically on a small platform in the middle of the floor, gyrating hypnotically in broad daylight for the pleasure of a handful of rather unhealthy looking middle aged men. We were literally greeted by the sight of her ass spread wide. I turned instantly red and began to apologise and usher my guests quickly out, thinking maybe the White Hart might provide less hormonal fare. However, I'd hardly begun my apology before they pushed past me into the pub with huge grins on their usually tweedy faces. "This is a genuine British pub experience! Awesome!" There wasn't much conversation over our pints, but they said it had been a truly memorable experience.

I'm sometimes sad about what is happening to Spitalfields now. Enjoy it while you can, I guess....
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #909  
Old 06-28-2017, 08:57 AM
Elamarna Elamarna is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 3,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Flower View Post
Talking of 'anal'ysis...

Steve, on an occasion many many years ago I had a couple of guests over from the US, academics, and hearing of my keen interest in the Whitechapel Murders they demanded a guided tour. I happily provided one, and we ended it, unsurprisingly, at the Ten Bells. This was way before the gentrification of Spitalfields had begun, and so you can imagine their surprise as we opened the door (this was a Monday lunchtime) and entered, to be greeted by the sight of a nude waif-like lady dancing erotically on a small platform in the middle of the floor, gyrating hypnotically in broad daylight for the pleasure of a handful of rather unhealthy looking middle aged men. We were literally greeted by the sight of her ass spread wide. I turned instantly red and began to apologise and usher my guests quickly out, thinking maybe the White Hart might provide less hormonal fare. However, I'd hardly begun my apology before they pushed past me into the pub with huge grins on their usually tweedy faces. "This is a genuine British pub experience! Awesome!" There wasn't much conversation over our pints, but they said it had been a truly memorable experience.

I'm sometimes sad about what is happening to Spitalfields now. Enjoy it while you can, I guess....

None of that now. But nice clean pub. Prices high but it is a tourist area.

Staff friendly. Been here 2 hours. Getting packed now. Off soon.

Actually useful day as regards Mitre square. Like to walk all the routes before I time them on maps. Let's me see what seems reasonable.


Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #910  
Old 06-28-2017, 10:09 AM
Fisherman Fisherman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16,616
Default

Rainbow: Paul disturbed Lechmere ...

Bridewell: Paul didn't disturb Lechmere. Lechmere disturbed Paul...

Actually, neither statement can be anything but supposition. After that, we can favour either view, but we canīt propose either is a fact.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.