Jubela
    Jubelo
    Jubelum

by any chance ?
    Yes, pretty sure those were the names.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      Which, in itself, makes Goulston Street just the kind of place where one might expect (anti)semitic graffiti to turn up.
      When I see graffiti that says screw (fill in the name of a group) there always seems to be a response from that group that says yeah well screw (fill in the name of the group). Always a back and forth with the insults.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post

When I see graffiti that says screw (fill in the name of a group) there always seems to be a response from that group that says yeah well screw (fill in the name of the group). Always a back and forth with the insults.
        I don't think I've ever seen that. I'm not denying it happens, but I don't think it's axiomatic that it should.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanne View Post

Which begs the questions what was he doing with a piece of chalk in his pocket?
          Did he hold a job that required a piece of chalk?......a job that required being out and about that early?
          Hi. Maybe the chalk belonged to Catherine Eddowes. Something she used for sewing or such, and he just happened to take a piece with him when he left Mitre Square

there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

bingo devil!
            Hypothetical but
            considering some of the locales
            considering the possible anti-Semitic message of gsg
            considering the race of these victims,

Could it have been that Jack the Ripper was exacting a certain revenge against white prostitutes who serviced Jewish men?
            there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

I don't think I've ever seen that. I'm not denying it happens, but I don't think it's axiomatic that it should.
              Hello Sam,

Well that surprises me. Could there be a difference between American and English graffiti? I usually see it on a wall where there is a lot of graffiti. The offended party usually responds in kind.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post

Hi. Maybe the chalk belonged to Catherine Eddowes. Something she used for sewing or such, and he just happened to take a piece with him when he left Mitre Square
                That is not an unreasonable speculation. There was on Casebook five or so years ago a dissertation arguing that the markings left on Kate's face mimicked a tailor's cutting instructions. I didn't think much of the theory, but chalk was commonly carried by anyone doing any serious sewing/tailoring.

In rifling Kate's pockets to mock her meager possessions; finding the chalk might have ignited a streak of prank in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post

Why would he search her pockets when all he would have wanted to do was cut a piece of apron to hold and hide a kidney and flee the scene?
                  Why would he take a piece of chalk if he found one, as his killer mind was running wild?

Comment

• I’ve always thought that at the location of a busy market, there may be a piece of discarded chalk from a stall?
                    Traders may have even used chalk to write goods prices on boards.
                    If that was the case there would probably be the odd discarded piece laying around.

Whoever wrote the graffiti, I don’t think he went equipped with intention, just inspired by finding chalk nearby

Comment

• In his memoirs FROM CONSTABLE TO COMMISSIONER Major Henry Smith wrote on page 167:

'The asssassin had evidently wiped his hands with the piece of apron. In Dorset Street with extraordinary audacity, he washed them at a sink up a close, not more than six yards from the street. I arrived there in time to see the blood-stained water.'

AND ON PAGE 175:
                      'In Mitre Square he used the woman's apron; and in Dorset Street he carefully washed his hands at the sink.'

Why he forgot to report this find we'll never know.

DORSET STREET, DORSETT STREET! (I'll provide the links next).

Comment

• PAGE 167:
                        Book Source: Digital Library of India Item 2015.216560dc.contributor.author: Henry Smithdc.date.accessioned: 2015-07-09T19:51:46Zdc.date.available:...

Comment

• PAGE NUMBER 175:
                          Book Source: Digital Library of India Item 2015.216560dc.contributor.author: Henry Smithdc.date.accessioned: 2015-07-09T19:51:46Zdc.date.available:...

Comment

• Originally posted by Yabs View Post
                            I’ve always thought that at the location of a busy market, there may be a piece of discarded chalk from a stall?
                            Traders may have even used chalk to write goods prices on boards.
                            If that was the case there would probably be the odd discarded piece laying around.

Whoever wrote the graffiti, I don’t think he went equipped with intention, just inspired by finding chalk nearby
                            The setting up of a busy market at that time is why he ran there, and the chalk wasn't discarded and picked up by him IT WAS IN HIS POCKET FOR HIS OWN USE AS A STREET SELLER!

His mind would not have been into looking for dropped chalk!

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanne View Post
                              In his memoirs FROM CONSTABLE TO COMMISSIONER Major Henry Smith wrote on page 167:

'The asssassin had evidently wiped his hands with the piece of apron. In Dorset Street with extraordinary audacity, he washed them at a sink up a close, not more than six yards from the street. I arrived there in time to see the blood-stained water.'

AND ON PAGE 175:
                              'In Mitre Square he used the woman's apron; and in Dorset Street he carefully washed his hands at the sink.'

Why he forgot to report this find we'll never know.

DORSET STREET, DORSETT STREET! (I'll provide the links next).

Fido says no.

From The Complete Jack the Ripper A to Z page 477

" . . . apparently a reference to his story of finding a public sink, where the Ripper had just washed his bloodstained hands, shortly after the Mitre Square murder. Yet, the Major's documented movements that night make it impossible for him to have been five minutes behind the Ripper, and a few pages later [in his Memoirs] he placed the same incident shortly after the Miller court murder."

Comment

• DORSET STREET 1890:

Comment

Working...
                                X