Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Kosminski still the best suspect we have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

So the question is “why not just pick a dead criminal or a dead or incarcerated lunatic?” Why pick someone with no record of violence? Someone looking into Druitt’s life might easily have found an alibi if one existed (unlike an unknown like Kozminski)

Choosing Druitt makes no sense unless Mac at the very least believed that he had good reason to name him.
    Assuming Mac wasn't just BS-ing to make himself look important or in the know. Druitt committed suicide right when Mac needed a reason for the killings to stop. I wonder who else died that previous month after Kelly's murder? also the police ramped up again after Coles, Mackenzie etc,. So they didn't really have faith Druitt was the killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Do you truly believe this is a worthy argument?!

Really funny, as if naming Ostrog makes any sense huh?!

The Baron
      Im not trying to make an ‘argument’ Baron. This is what you do. History shows us that it’s the only reason that you post.

There is no proof that any of the suspects were guilty. We interpret how we can and use our own judgment (if we have any)

…….

If you can’t understand a very simple point then I don’t see why I should waste time explaining it to you. At the end of the day Druitt was named as the likeliest suspect by the Chief Constable of the Met. He also had an actual link, by marriage, to the Druitt family and so was at least in a position to receive information via the them. Druitt had mental health issues that ran in the family although he could be normal on the surface and so would be convincing to his victims (as opposed to Kosminski who was virtually a drooling imbecile who ate food from the gutter.) He was 31 years old (the correct age range for a serial killer unlike Kosminski) and he was physically fit.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbo View Post

Assuming Mac wasn't just BS-ing to make himself look important or in the know. Druitt committed suicide right when Mac needed a reason for the killings to stop. I wonder who else died that previous month after Kelly's murder? also the police ramped up again after Coles, Mackenzie etc,. So they didn't really have faith Druitt was the killer.
        Not at the time, no. MacNaghten received his information later. Mac liked and respected Munro. Munro thought that Mackenzie was a victim. So why wouldn’t Mac look for a nobody that died or was incarcerated after Mackenzie?

If someone, just after the murders, had looked into Druitt and Kosminski which one’s movements would have been the easiest to have tracked? Obviously Druitt -Barrister/School teacher/cricketer/society functions etc. Does it really make sense for Mac to have just picked Druitt because of when he died (even though Munro believed Mackenzie a victim) when anyone checking might have been able to say “hang on he was playing cricket 50 miles away at the time of x’s murder,” or “ he was attending a function with his family in Wimborne when Chapman was being killed.”

Picking Druitt just because he died after the Kelly murder makes no sense.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

You may have totally forgotten what Sam once teached you, well you need someone else to explain plain English to you.

The Baron
          It’s you that needs the English lessons Baron not me. It’s ‘taught’ not ‘teached.’
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

There is no evidence against Druitt, only one armchair officer, who didn't do the slightest of basic investigations.

Except the name, Macnaghten did't know anything about Druitt.

The Baron
            There is no evidence against any suspect yet for some reason you burst into tears when anyone mentions Druitt. Why does Druitt cause this hysterical, unthinking, blinkered, biased response?

No matter how many outbursts of cluelessness you have it won’t change a thing. Druitt is a suspect and of the named ones there’s no one better.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• there both valid suspects you sillies!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                there both valid suspects you sillies!!!
                Exactly
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbo View Post

I once posted the official numbers of suicides in London each month. Can't remember the exact numbers 30-40 or something like that. The point was there were scores of choices for Mac, so if he had no cause, why pick Druitt?

There was also a policeman who shot himself in the head following the Kelly murder, in Hyde Park, or somewhere like that.
                  Last edited by Wickerman; 07-20-2021, 10:51 PM.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                    There was also a policeman who shot himself in the head following the Kelly murder, in Hyde Park, or somewhere like that.
                    Yes, it was Hyde Park. The PC was Richard Brown.

Evening News, 17 November 1888

SUICIDE IN HYDE PARK.

A man, since recognized as Louis S. Tauer, of Percy-square, King's-cross-road, shot himself in the mouth with a revolver in Hyde Park, yesterday afternoon. He was taken to St. George's Hospital still living, but died soon after admission.

IDENTIFICATION

The man who committed suicide in Hyde Park yesterday by shooting himself in the mouth with a revolver has now been fully identified as Richard Brown, a constable of the E division, belonging to Hunter-street Police-station.

We also have Robert Buchan, who lived in the East End itself.

East London Advertiser, Saturday, 24 November 1888.

SUICIDE BY A SHOEMAKER AT POPLAR. - A shoemaker named Robert Buchan, aged 40 [sic], of Robin Hood-lane, Poplar, committed suicide on Monday morning by cutting his throat. The act was seen by a neighbour, who was unable to prevent the deceased from carrying out his purpose. The reason for the suicide is unknown.

The theory that Druitt's suicide alone teleported him into a Scotland Yard internal report is obviously flawed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Druitt is a suspect and of the named ones there's no one better.

Ostrog is better!

The Baron

Comment

I once posted the official numbers of suicides in London each month. Can't remember the exact numbers 30-40 or something like that. The point was there were scores of choices for Mac, so if he had no cause, why pick Druitt?

So it was a cop! Solved I say!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Wickerman;n763013]

No-one resembling Kozminski was spoken of in the subsequent Kelly case.

Is the description by Mrs Long a good fit for a 23 year old Kozminski?
                          What about BS-man in Berner st.?
                          Or the suspect seen by PC Smith?
                          Then there's the suspect in Duke St.
                          Finally, we have Blotchy, Astrachan or the Britannia-man.
                          Who among them looked 23 years old, and Jewish?

[/QUOTE=Wickerman;n763013]

"undiscovered murders are rare in London, and the "Jack-the-Ripper" crimes are not in that category...I will merely add that the only person who had ever had a good view of the murderer unhesitatingly identified the suspect the instant he was confronted with him"

Who from your list of witnesses above is the one who had ever had a good view of the murderer?!

If no one, then why bringing them here?!

The witness spoken of, had a good view of the murderer and he unhesitatingly identified the suspect.

[QUOTE=Wickerman;n763013]

Or are we going down that road where we claim age is hard to determine at night?
                          It certainly is, Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes & Stride were estimated to look younger than their real age due to their bodies being found by people who didn't know them - unlike Kelly.
                          So at night the recorded evidence appears to suggest people look younger in poor light. Which means our middle-aged suspect was likely older than he looked, not 10 years younger.

Comparing orange to apple and women to men

The closest to the witness mentioned by Anderson, is Schwarz, and he saw someone around 30, that doesn't strike me as impossibility to be Kosminski in his 23, your argument about the age is rickety, we don't even have all the informations and don't know all the witness the police had at the time nor the only one who had ever had a good view of the murderer.

The Baron

Comment

• What is obvious,when considering the number of persons who have been named as suspects,is that we need a means of defining what 'Suspect' means. Especially so,when writing of the Whitechapel killings,and the fact that police investigating those killings,held a view that there were no suspects.

Comment

"undiscovered murders are rare in London, and the "Jack-the-Ripper" crimes are not in that category...I will merely add that the only person who had ever had a good view of the murderer unhesitatingly identified the suspect the instant he was confronted with him"

Who from your list of witnesses above is the one who had ever had a good view of the murderer?!

If no one, then why bringing them here?!

The witness spoken of, had a good view of the murderer and he unhesitatingly identified the suspect.
                              A claim that was never verified nor corroborated by anyone.

[quote]
                              Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Or are we going down that road where we claim age is hard to determine at night?
                              It certainly is, Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes & Stride were estimated to look younger than their real age due to their bodies being found by people who didn't know them - unlike Kelly.
                              So at night the recorded evidence appears to suggest people look younger in poor light. Which means our middle-aged suspect was likely older than he looked, not 10 years younger.

Comparing orange to apple and women to men
                              You're suggesting that women show up different in gaslight?
                              Is this something else you've dreamed up, or do you have a reference for that?

The closest to the witness mentioned by Anderson, is Schwarz, and he saw someone around 30, that doesn't strike me as impossibility to be Kosminski in his 23, your argument about the age is rickety, we don't even have all the informations and don't know all the witness the police had at the time nor the only one who had ever had a good view of the murderer.

The Baron
                              I don't believe Schwartz could so easily have recognised BS-man as a Jew, or that would have been in his statement.
                              He was clearly describing a gentile.
                              And, of course you're going to stretch 23 to 30, you have no choice. I expect nothing better.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I don't believe Schwartz could so easily have recognised BS-man as a Jew, or that would have been in his statement.
                                He was clearly describing a gentile.
                                And, of course you're going to stretch 23 to 30, you have no choice. I expect nothing better.

I don't know who the witness was, Schwarz or someone else.. One thing I know as stated by Sir Anderson, a witness that had a good view of the murderer, and Swanson built his notes upon this too, so it has been corroborated.

Even you cannot tell, if some of the men I know are in their 23 or 30..

That is a sure thing.

The Baron

Comment

Working...
                                X