No announcement yet.

Sushi Lover Has Tapeworm Throught His ENTIRE Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing the place doesn't have a reputation for being hygienic.

While it is true sushi is raw fish, it is usually dropped to a freezing point and brought back to refrigeration to make it ready for consumption.

They probably skipped that step.
    Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
    - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

I love sushi and just found out a new place with a lunch buffet opened nearby.

Comment

Any Follow-Up On Patient?

One thing that bugs me about "sensational" newspaper articles is that they seldom do a follow-up story.

It seem to me that any physical thing that can invade the bone structure would leave a 'honeycomb' structure behind; hollow places in the bone. I hope his bones and organs will heal.

Does anybody know if this poor man with the systemic tapeworm infestation was treated successfully and will be alright?

Thanks very much,
        Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
          Does anybody know if this poor man with the systemic tapeworm infestation was treated successfully and will be alright?

Thanks very much,
          Archaic
          Hi Archaic! I did some research on the photo back when it was posted, and the dailymail got is somewhat wrong. The pic is actually a couple of years old and shows the aftermath of a tapeworm infection caused by undercooked pork. The patient was already cured of the tapeworm--the xray was of calcium deposits left by the dead tapeworms. Sadly the story I read still didn't give the most information--whether he survived or not.
          “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
            Hi Archaic! I did some research on the photo back when it was posted, and the dailymail got is somewhat wrong. The pic is actually a couple of years old and shows the aftermath of a tapeworm infection caused by undercooked pork. The patient was already cured of the tapeworm--the xray was of calcium deposits left by the dead tapeworms. Sadly the story I read still didn't give the most information--whether he survived or not.
            Hi Magpie.

Well, whaddya know, the DM made some enormous factual errors in their reporting... But how they went from Pork to Sashimi to Sushi is beyond me!

One would have they could at least have differentiated between a hooved mammal and a fish.

Oh, well. I'm sure we can trust everything else they publish!

I do hope the poor man recovered.

Best regards,
            Archaic

Comment

Working...
            X