Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of advisers...

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    In the sense that the epithet "unready" came from a word that meant "ill-advised" at the time of Ethelred, you're possibly right on two counts there, sir!
    I'm not a "sir," but appreciate the response, Sam!

Bannon losing his spot on the National Security Committee has been the best news I've heard from the White House in a long time. He has always reminded me of the king's counselor "Wormtongue" in Tolkien's books.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
      I'm not a "sir," but appreciate the response
      Thanks for clearing that up
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
        To give credit where credit is due, Trump finally said and did something I agree with.
        That was Obama's main failing in my opinion, he was too patient, to lenient.
        Except that Obama went to Congress to ask for permission to attack Syria and was denied by the same group of idiots who now applaud the fact that Trump ignored the constitution and attacked (attacking a county is, by definition, a declaration of war) without congressional approval. Right after telling the world that we should get used to Assad being in charge. Assad isn't exactly entrenched, his forces are spread thin and has little offensive capabilities. He needs the Russians to prop him up.

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
        When the Assad's of this world do what he did, the most effective response is to hit him hard without warning.
        None of this increased sanctions, no calling meetings of security councils, no consensus of countries condemning him - just hit him hard.
        That wasn't hard. They called Putin, Putin called Assad, here comes something that makes me look tough, get out of the way. Obama had a fairly harsh plan, but now that the Russians are hanging out at all the nice places to attack you don't have the luxury of bombing the crap out of Assad.

A hard response is just what this so-called President needed to begin to gain some credit at home.
        Which is why he jumped at the chance to attack before any intelligence could tell him that it just might not have been Assad using those chemical weapons. Isis has been manufacturing chemical weapons, it's possible a hit from the Syrian Air Force nailed one. Or used one to see if they could cause problems.

I did think it somewhat ironic that Trump should cry crocodile tears over the deaths of Syrian children, the same children he banned from entering the US.
        Or they could show him pictures of starving kids in Africa, or the hungry kids in his own country and see if his heart melts then.
        I fear that he got a massive hard-on from his attack, loved the media coverage talking about how 'tough' he was, and now will push other crisis situations to the brink without any sort of thought process regarding true consequence.
        Last edited by Lord Allen; 04-09-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• I can't imagine why the American voters are so silent about Trump raping the health care system for money so he can give huge tax breaks to his millionaire buddies, not to mention lining his own pockets to the tune of billions of dollars in tax savings.

Hello America .....are you all asleep?
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Well, SOME Americans are in fact asleep but I think they are a minority. Trump has just given himself and most of his billionaire cabinet a massive taxi break ( both in the tax reform and the American health act) at the expense of those hard working and "forgotten" people who have voted for him. Forgotten by Trump himself who is a proven stunningly incompetent serial-liar. So he and his family are treating the white house as their personal atm. Something, that is apparent to most of the world, except for about 20% of Americans. Another 20 percent see it happening but they tolerate it as long as he implements the policies they want. Together they make up the 40% of the American electorate who approve of their current president.

May I ask the following additional questions:

1. On Jan 27th, the Donald had imposed a 90-day ban on 7 Muslim countries, until new vetting measures we're put into place. Notwithstanding the fact that two versions of his travel ban were blocked by the courts, where are the new vetting rules? The 90 days are up. Has he achieved anything in that regard?

2. On Jan 25th, Trump tweeted that he would order a "major investigation into voter fraud" . Question: where the f**k is this investigation? I guess he didn't order it because it's BS.

3. On March 8th, Trump tweeted that Obama was a "sick or a bad guy" for wiretapping him at Trump tower. Turns out that Obama didn't and no such evidence existed but Trump has refused to apologise for his slander.

4. Sometime in 2013, Trump "sent his investigators to Hawaii", saying that what they had found out was "unbelievable". Yes, probably that Obama was in fact born in Hawaii. Trump has still not stated what that was, nor has he apologised for his slander. Again, because it was obviously total BS.

I would have another 5 or 20 questions if I could be bothered. However, Trump will never apologise for his role in the rape of the American public (the ones that is not a billionaire).

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                I can't imagine why the American voters are so silent about Trump raping the health care system for money so he can give huge tax breaks to his millionaire buddies, not to mention lining his own pockets to the tune of billions of dollars in tax savings.

Hello America .....are you all asleep?
                In their mind, it's a reality show simulation about Trump and they are most likely waiting for some sort of TV host asking them to call a 1 800 number to decide what they really want. Their response will obviously be "I need another beer, isn't it time for a message from a sponser?"

Comment

• This picture from Trump's visit to Saudi Arabia is apparently a real thing that happened, to “inaugurate The Global Center for Combatting Extremist Ideology in Riyadh.”

But it did strike some Internet folks as just a teensy bit odd, and weird...
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                    This picture from Trump's visit to Saudi Arabia is apparently a real thing that happened, to “inaugurate The Global Center for Combatting Extremist Ideology in Riyadh.”

But it did strike some Internet folks as just a teensy bit odd, and weird...
                    Don't forget that a sinkhole appeared near Mar-a-Lago shortly after...

Comment

• The Russia investigation is gathering speed, with Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, now said to be a "person of interest" in the investigation. Kushner could be the key.

Vladimir Putin must be very pleased with Trump's performance in Europe as the new President insulted NATO partners and traditional allies. What a disgusting display. Not to forget the Oval Office incident with Trump revealing secrets to the Russian Foreign Minister! And Americans leaking British secrets about the Manchester bombing.

It would not surprise me -- get this -- if the British are so appalled that they see the value of staying in Europe. Think about that!

"Words have consequences" as people keep saying. But Trump is absolutely thoughtless, blurting out anything that comes into his head. He's irresponsible. And with the British election coming up. . .

"Experts Upgrade Donald Trump's Impeachment Odds as Russian Investigation Looms"

Christopher T. George
                      Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                      just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                      For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                      RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
                        The Russia investigation is gathering speed, with Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, now said to be a "person of interest" in the investigation. Kushner could be the key.

Vladimir Putin must be very pleased with Trump's performance in Europe as the new President insulted NATO partners and traditional allies. What a disgusting display. Not to forget the Oval Office incident with Trump revealing secrets to the Russian Foreign Minister! And Americans leaking British secrets about the Manchester bombing.

It would not surprise me -- get this -- if the British are so appalled that they see the value of staying in Europe. Think about that!

"Words have consequences" as people keep saying. But Trump is absolutely thoughtless, blurting out anything that comes into his head. He's irresponsible. And with the British election coming up. . .

"Experts Upgrade Donald Trump's Impeachment Odds as Russian Investigation Looms"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/experts-u...170524054.html
                        The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!! Lol!

Ps. (I think you should be a little more concerned about something called ISIS. You know, the jv team. Remember them Chris?) good lord.

Pss. Admin says no more trump. Guess you missed that too.
                        Last edited by Abby Normal; 05-26-2017, 07:50 PM.
                        "Is all that we see or seem
                        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Ps. (I think you should be a little more concerned about something called ISIS. You know, the jv team. Remember them Chris?) good lord.

Pss. Admin says no more trump. Guess you missed that too.
                          This is a Trump thread. Stop being so sensitive. You backed the wrong whor...er horse.

Mike
                          huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                            This is a Trump thread. Stop being so sensitive. You backed the wrong whor...er horse.

Mike
                            I think admin meant the whole site. And I think it's probably a good idea.
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• I guess I missed a comment from Admin, Ally was even contributing at one point herself.
                              Trump is a relevant topic, not debating his juvenile ignorance only serves his deception of the American people.
                              If you recall, the Press are now the enemy of the American people - only because they headline his numerous and repeated shortcomings.
                              Stifling any debate on him is what Trump would prefer.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                                I think admin meant the whole site. And I think it's probably a good idea.
                                Maybe, but if we could find out that say...Kushner is related to Koslowski...we might have something suitable for the site. In the meantime, enjoy the intrigue. It's interesting.

Mike
                                huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X