Stephen Hunter's New Novel, "I, Ripper"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Hunter's New Novel, "I, Ripper"

I am excited to announce the publication of a new novel, I, Ripper, by New York Times best-selling and Pulitzer Prize winning author, Stephen Hunter. I conducted all of the research for this novel, making great use of Casebook as well as all of the key texts on Jack the Ripper. Mr. Hunter recounts the horrific East End murders by writing in an alternating first person perspective of Jack himself, an unwary "unfortunate" and an up-and-coming journalist for the London newspaper, The Star, who, with the help of a Sherlock Holmes like professor of speech, attempts to foil the Ripper. Written in the nineteenth century style, it presents what we believe to be a very realistic and riveting account of the five (canonical) murders and their investigation by the Metropolitan Police. The novel recreates the sights, sounds and smells of 1888 Whitechapel and the brutal acts of murder. I, Ripper has already received excellent reviews by the New York Times, the Library Journal and by Goodreads and Amazon customers. It is now available in hardcover in bookstores and in hardcover, Kindle edition and audio edition at www.amazon.com/books. The paperback edition will be available in December.

Length 309 pages
Working...
X