Maybrick and the diary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=caz;12765]

Michael Maybrick’s role in the proceedings is hard to fathom because it’s full of ambiguities.

Dear All,

It is been a while since I have viewed the messages on this site. I see the old arguments are still keeping some of you busy.

I attended a play this week put on by some students from Liverpool John Moores University. (It was in the Williamson Tunnels in Liverpool, the 'Mole of Edge Hill' - check them out if you have never heard of them, really interesting.)

The play was The Trial of Florence Maybrick and it was rather bizarrely done. Much of the actual script came directly from the Irving's book on the trial, but the characters were all wearing odd/very different/unexpected costumes. Some of it didn't quite work, but some of it was very clever.

The most inventive character was 'Nurse Yapp' (the nanny at Battlecrease). She was a ventriloquist's dummy. And, of course, the ventriloquist was none other than Michael Maybrick (looking a bit like Dracula, complete with a dodgy moustache). When faced with a difficult question, she looked at Michael who wispered in her ear and moved her arms in an appropriate manner. Michael came across rather like an old time musical hall villain. You half expected him to tie poor Florence to the railway track. Good fun and thought provoking.

My only complaint was the 'bar' at the tunnels only served tea and coffee!

Best wishes, Chris Jones

Comment

Messrs Sue, Grabbit & Runne.

I beg you to convey to your client Ms Caroline Morris that she not only speaks with a degree of common-sense in relation to the vexatious subject of the late death of Mr James Maybrick, but that she also gave me a bloody good laugh in the process.

I remain, sirs,

Your humble servant,

Mr Justice Bollockbrain
      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

"...thought provoking..."

I love that.

--John

Comment

Chris Jones:

How much the tickets will be this time ?

Jawn... the play sounds rather boring as always. I think I would sooner go and see Bugs Bunny any day, its free.

What up Doc ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maria View Post
            Chris Jones:

How much the tickets will be this time ?

Jawn... the play sounds rather boring as always. I think I would sooner go and see Bugs Bunny any day, its free.

What up Doc ?
            Maria,

When I read you your barbed comment, I remembered why I stopped contributing to these message boards. However, I am not too surprised that you prefer Bugs Bunny to a thought-provoking piece of creative theatre about a real event! Boring was the last word I would have used about the play. The University students who staged the production deserve credit for their enthusiam and imagination. Perhaps you have just strayed on to the wrong website by mistake.

Jawn???

The tickets cost £2. Excellent value.

Chris Jones

Comment

Chris Jones:

As in Jaws... A shark, shark shark, who eats its unsuspecting public ! Specially their wallets. There are other types of sharks, loan sharks.

Will there be any more charity ? We still remember the " mistake " you did by mentioning the Marina Dalglish charity who did not even know about your event and asked you to withdraw their respectable name from your farce.

Do not ever let the facts get in the way of a good story.

- Maria

Comment

What are you on Maria? Two quid to see a play? Sounds like good value to me.

Comment

May will be the first anniversary coming after the inmortal words of: " I have the proof that if its shown in a court of law will convince everyone "

Ehem. Next month is rapidly arriving... and the so called " proof " hasn´t appeared yet. Another year no doubt will go by.... tick-tock-tick-tock new punters will come to bite the bait, a nice little earner.

But you know something ? You were right Caz, they deserve to be conned !
                  One is born every minute...

- Maria

Comment

Maria,

Why don't you stop sniping at other people and their ideas and start engaging in some proper Ripper debates?

I honestly don't know why you are here because you never have a good word to say about anyone or anything they write.

I've yet to see you put forward a single original idea or respond in a positive and constructive way to any debate on the whole site.

The two posts above don't even make a bit of sense - unless they contain some bizarre in-jokes aimed at a select few.

Do you have any genuine views about anything??

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Jones View Post

Dear All,

I attended a play this week put on by some students from Liverpool John Moores University. (It was in the Williamson Tunnels in Liverpool, the 'Mole of Edge Hill' - check them out if you have never heard of them, really interesting.)
                      Hi Chris.

I would have liked to have seen that--if for no other reason that it was in the Tunnels, which I find fascinating and would like to visit.
                      “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Working...
                      X