Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read the first 11 pages for FREE!

Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

G'day Helena

What a great idea.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Thanks GUT .... and I see from the analytics on the Academia site that 19 people were directed from casebook to my book excerpt so far... (though I cannot tell who is looking, only which site they came form)... and I sold three copies of the book on eBay today... maybe those 11 pages whetted people's appetite?

Anyway, I am just glad there is an interest n Mr Chapman!

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Helen, I noticed the other day your book is listed in the bibliography of the "Wikipedia" article on Chapman.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
          Helen, I noticed the other day your book is listed in the bibliography of the "Wikipedia" article on Chapman.

Jeff
          In that case Wiki might get something right for once.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hello!

Yes the entry is a lot better than the one that was there when I was writing the book. That entry was full of errors from start to finish.

I looked at the new entry and, though vastly better (I can see certain phrases from my book in it!) there were still some silly errors, which I have corrected.

The "first 11 pages" is still online if anyone is interested to read them.

Helena

Comment

Note to any readers who don't have Helena's book; it is part of an elite group in ripperology, namely, "must have" books!
              dustymiller
              aka drstrange

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                Note to any readers who don't have Helena's book; it is part of an elite group in ripperology, namely, "must have" books!
                It's very kind of you to say so, Dusty!

Helena

Comment

I bought the Kindle edition and it is superb! Wonderfully researched.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                    I bought the Kindle edition and it is superb! Wonderfully researched.
                    A great book.
                    G U T

Comment

Thanks very much to all for your praise <blush>.

It makes up for the rather disappointing comment made by a local cab driver last week, who said that the market for Ripper suspect books is over since the case has "been solved by that guy who used the Ripper's DNA to prove who he was".

Helena

Comment

Originally posted by HelenaWojtczak View Post
                        Thanks very much to all for your praise <blush>.

It makes up for the rather disappointing comment made by a local cab driver last week, who said that the market for Ripper suspect books is over since the case has "been solved by that guy who used the Ripper's DNA to prove who he was".

Helena
                        Yes but we heard the same with Patricia Cornell, and doubtlessly will hear it again. My darling came home the other day with a youtube clip to show me that it was solved, it was Deeming.
                        G U T

Comment

Working...
                        X