sergeant whites story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sergeant whites story

Is it at all possible that sergeant Stephen whites story was true but it wasn't white but a different police officer who had the encounter and it was hushed up to avoid embarresment.This story could have been passed round the police forces and later on in his life white inserted himself into the story.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Cox

Hello Jason. Good question.

Do you see similarities with the Cox story?

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
      Is it at all possible that sergeant Stephen whites story was true but it wasn't white but a different police officer who had the encounter and it was hushed up to avoid embarresment.This story could have been passed round the police forces and later on in his life white inserted himself into the story.
      Hey pinkmoon,

Never heard of this before. Having read Sgt White's rather vivid description of the passer-by, it does sound like a work of fiction, or at least dramatic license. It also doesn't appear to be linked to any of the JTR murders. Sorry, I know that doesn't address your question, but thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Comment

G'day Pinkmoon

My problem with that hypothesis is that he seems to have had a pretty good career with plenty to talk about without using other peoples stories, he seems to have been involved in a number of fairly high profile cases as it was.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          My problem with that hypothesis is that he seems to have had a pretty good career with plenty to talk about without using other peoples stories, he seems to have been involved in a number of fairly high profile cases as it was.
          Hi gut,he might have been involved in lots of cases but the name jack the ripper makes people jump up and listen also if it was made up why not make it a lot more dramatic maybe something like trying to wrestle the blood soaked fiend with the mad wild eyes to the ground.
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
            Hello Jason. Good question.

Do you see similarities with the Cox story?

Cheers.
            LC
            Hi Lynn,I'm not known for my long posts so here goes ...YES.

Comment

If White's story was genuine and a bona fide encounter with 'the' killer, would he not have been used in an attempt to identify Anderson's suspect? Following the same thought process, why would you entertain Kosminski as a suspect if White's sighting of the man he described was genuine?
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                If White's story was genuine and a bona fide encounter with 'the' killer, would he not have been used in an attempt to identify Anderson's suspect? Following the same thought process, why would you entertain Kosminski as a suspect if White's sighting of the man he described was genuine?
                Hi bridewell,I know it's a big if but what if the police officer involved kept this story to himself to save embarrassment or possibly worse.

Comment

Hi bridewell,I know it's a big if but what if the police officer involved kept this story to himself to save embarrassment or possibly worse.
                  I think the greater embarrassment would follow if it was found out that he had done so. White had a good career but I do wonder if this isn't a cutting and pasting of MJD onto a fictional encounter.
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

could musical voice perhaps be a singer?

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                      could musical voice perhaps be a singer?
                      Hi Rocky,this might tell us that the police did some checks into monty at least basic things like appearance and maybe someone they spoke to mentioned he had a musical voice.

Comment

World opinion is divided on this matter: I tend to think there's truth in this, and the rest of the world thinks otherwise.

I think it is Castle Alley as it is the only place that can reasonably be described as 'just off the Whitechapel Road'. In terms of the cul-de-sac comment, almost, in fact near enough for me.

We do know from press reports that the two policeman regularly patrolled Castle Alley, so regular that the police passed through every 5 to 10 minutes. The reason given by the press was none other than it was supposedly the most dangerous street in the area. This would support White's claim that two policemen were posted there and were only gone 5 minutes.

Comment

Deleted as useless post.
                          Last edited by Fleetwood Mac; 06-24-2014, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X