Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripperoo: Gilles de Rais and Locusta

Hi all,
    Just to point out two minor inaccuracies I found reading an article from Ripperoo, reproduced here (dissertations: A summarized history of forensic science):
    1- about Gilles de Rais: "he was strangled to death and burned by the church after a trial"
    No, he has been hanged, and then burned; and there was 2 trials: one by the church, then a "civilian" trial (sorry again for broken English) sentenced him to death (the judge being Jean de Malestroit if my memory is correct)

2- about Locusta in ancient Rome: "strangled to death and burned by the church after a trial in 69 ad"
    Of course not: that occured at the time of the (pagan) Emperor Galba, and the Church was then a mere group of parias.
    Perhaps one of these mistakes comes from retyping for casebook.

Hi DVV,

As I recall, Locusta was first raped by a trained giraffe in an arena and then she was torn apart by wild beasts.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi,
      and thanks for this. Obviously a pagan sentence, so! (I was just checking Suetone, but found no reference to her in Galba's chapter).

Amitiés,
      David

Comment

Hi David,

That's the account in Newton's Encyclopedia of Serial Killers - first edition. The second edition has a much more abbreviated entry about her.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
          The second edition has a much more abbreviated entry about her.
          'Locusta : Giraffe-f***er'

PHILIP
          Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
            As I recall, Locusta was first raped by a trained giraffe
            ...and died of oxygen deprivation whilst trying to give him a love-bite.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Blimey!!! what an image!!...I'm tantalised by the phrase 'trained' giraffe!!! Now there's a job description for the passport!!!
              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Working...
              X