No announcement yet.

New Ripperological mag: “The New Independent Review“

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just spent a week in limbo thanks to Irene, but after a full week of darkness, electricity returned just about an hour ago. Unbelievable and I'm frantically trying to catch up (while waiting for the water heater to do its stuff so I can get a soothing hot shower. That said, the Indy Review still ought to be appearing within two weeks.

Don.
    "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Hi Don. Wow, my geography is bad. I didn't think you would be that effected. Join the club of those of us who've had to do a lot of suffering without a/c or electricity this summer! Glad to hear your troubles are over, though.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello Ton, Don,

Having had torrential rain the last days here in the south of Norway, with floods even here in my town and surrounding lands.. I am now told that a Hurricane is on it's way towards Great Britain and possibly Northern Eorope and Scandinavia. I am not looking forward to more of the wet stuff.

kindly

Phil
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
        Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi Phil

Yup it should hit us (North East England) on Monday apparently, but the weather has been really weird today, dark clouds and strong winds but really warm. Not much rain yet though, more drizzle every now and then.

So plans in my calendar for Monday - do nothing

Tj
          It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

Hello tji,

Great. Tuesday is a planned trip out in the countryside with the class here.
            I will put in for a transfer at once! lol

Back to the thread.. apologies to all :-)

kindly

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

Great. Tuesday is a planned trip out in the countryside with the class here.
              I will put in for a transfer at once! lol

Lol don't blame you Phil

tj
              It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

Tracy and Phil,

Having been through it recently myself be careful next week. Besides, I'd hate for anything to happen to potential contributers/subscribers.

Don.
                "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

subscription

Hello Don. Can you direct me to the post concerning subscription?

Thanks.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Lynn,
                    http://newindependentreview.com/
                    but it's not yet entirely up and running, I think.
                    (I'm being preemptory again. Horrible character trait.)
                    Best regards,
                    Maria

Comment

The first issue, which we are hopeful of getting out in a week, will be free and details on subscribing for subsequent issues will be in that issue.

Don.

Comment

Thank you Don. Most generous. Reminds me of the Examiner 1 issue.
                        Best regards,
                        Maria

Comment

thanks

Hello Don and Maria.

Thanks.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

Maria,

Are you in any way attached to or involved in this new journal, or are you just enthusiastic over it, as are the rest of us?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Just in case anyone has assumed differently, for all her laudable enthusiasm anout the New Independent Review Maria has not been involved in the genesis, writing, editing or design of the magazine.

Don.

Comment

Like Don says. It's indeed unfortunate that this thread was started by me instead of Don, and I'm taking full responsibility for this mishap.
                                Plus some of the rest of you are already contributors in the first issue of the mag.
                                Best regards,
                                Maria

Comment

Working...
                                X