New Ripperological mag: “The New Independent Review“

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sister Hyde View Post
    Yes Trevor, it SHOULD be, you're absolutely right there. but since some people can't prevent themselves from behaving like arses, then it's not strange that the people who would have some find to share or discuss start to keep the fruit of their sweat and headaches for themselves.
    I would suggest that obtaining and retaining copies of The Aberconway version and a forensic report would not have caused a lot of sweat and headaches.

But they have made their choice and every opportuity has been afforded to them to go public with these documents.

To be honest I couldnt now care less whether they release them or not. It is acadademic now.

I can say that in my research over the past 12 months I have been sweating and suffered many headaches but with the little gems I have unearthed every drop of sweat lost and for every paraceatamol tablet I took was worth it.

Comment

Woe is me Trevor.

The document is not yours, ergo you have no say in the matter.

The forensic report would have cost, a lot, are you willing to stump up the fees? (A question I asked a while ago)

It seems to me co-operation is all well and good, until it flies in the face of ones pet theory or suspect.

Sister is extremely astute in her observations.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
        Woe is me Trevor.

The document is not yours, ergo you have no say in the matter.

The forensic report would have cost, a lot, are you willing to stump up the fees? (A question I asked a while ago)

It seems to me co-operation all well and good, until it flies in the face of ones pet theory or suspect.

Sister is extremely astute in her observations.

Monty
        I should remind you that the Met Police commissioned the forensic handwriting test so its me as a public citizen that indirectly contributed to it.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to explain your comments in Para 3. ?

You are right sister is very astute she is by reason of her answers running with the hares and hunting with the hounds.

Comment

Hello Trevor,

Am I correct in thinking that the point of the tests in the first place, if not to establish a point, was to establish a clarification that we could all peruse, or was it meant as a purely private claification whose information was specically designed to be kept secret??

As far as I understand it, the Met Police authorised it no? The museum were looking for authentication, were they not? And the Met Police museum is open to all invited, be they ex policemen or nay.. so if they present something to the public (an ex-policeman is a member of the public), then why is it wrong for another member of the public (in your case, also an ex-policeman) to ask to see the document that clarifies to any degree any authentication?

The matter has now been compounded by the apparent mysterious loss of the original report from the Crime Museum itself, so I understand? Did you not try to get a copy from the Met Police Trevor, and they themselves refused this request also?

In which case, I am at a total loss to understand what the problem could possibly be. Therefore, why is it so difficult for those who actually have copies to publish them for the god of the genre and the public interest?

As far as the issue concerning the Aberconway version of the MM and Mr McLaren, the current owner, I too would be interested in knowing what the problem is if the current owner has given permission for it to be published on the world wide web. If that is his wish... then would someone kindly tell me why it cannot be done?
          For the general availability of those interested in the genre, I mean. Nothing else.

kindly

Phil
          Last edited by Phil Carter; 08-16-2011, 08:27 PM.
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
          Accountability? ....

Comment

It would seem that this thread has become bogged down in folks pursuing personal King Charles' heads that have nothing to do with a new magazine.

However, since the cat is out of the bag about the New Independent Review, let me say a few words. Perhaps the most important word in the title is Independent. We are not affiliated with any forum or organization and don't intend to be. Moreover, we are not in competition with anyone. Rather, we see our mission as providing an opportunity for writers, new and old, to have their ideas published in a reader friendly format. Plus, to be honest, I actually enjoy editing, formatting, encouraging new writers and re-energizing veteran ones.

NIR should be appearing in less than a month so watch this space for more news. In the meantime, inquiries, comments and contributions should be directed to: newindyreview@aol.com

Thank you for your interest.

Don Souden.
            "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Hello Don,

You are quite correct. My apologies. My original point was to do with Maria's comments about the number of publications, your new one included.
              You correctly point out that it then became diverted by many of us. My apologies.

kindly

Phil
              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Phil,

Accepted, though you were not the instigator in any case.

Don.
                "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                  You are right sister is very astute she is by reason of her answers running with the hares and hunting with the hounds.

stop stop stop you're killing me. if I understand properly your innuendo....*containing a guffaw*... it's stupid, I have absolutely no interest or "wish" whatsoever in defending what you call "the hounds" but ok I must thank you for making me laugh, now I know it's possible, eveh without any dope.

Comment

An ideal opportunity for Messrs Begg, Skinner and others to publish The Aberconway Version...
                    Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                    ...why is it so difficult for those who actually have copies to publish them for the god of the genre...?
                    Hi Phil,

I'm sure he's too modest to say so himself, but even Trevor must be aware that he isn't "the god of the genre" quite yet.

Originally posted by mariab View Post
                    Welcome to a new Ripperological mag, The New Independent Review, by editor extraordinaire Don Souden, to appear in about a month.
                    Originally posted by Supe View Post
                    ... since the cat is out of the bag about the New Independent Review ...
                    Hi Don,

As for the cat being out of the proverbial bag, it seems (to me) a bit odd to express your announcement like this, unless Maria wasn't authorised to announce it earlier today. But it doesn't sound like that from her big, official welcome to all and sundry in post #1. What a peculiar start, and how typical of this (possibly godless) genre - but best of luck with this, anyway.

Regards,

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by m_w_r View Post
                      Hi Phil,

I'm sure he's too modest to say so himself, but even Trevor must be aware that he isn't "the god of the genre" quite yet.
                      Hello Mark,

LTNS.. Hope you are well?.. missed that spelling typo.. well spotted

kindly

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

hunting with the hounds.
                        and if I'm hunting anything young man it's only a dragon I'll never catch .... seriously I'm not here to FIND anything or get my share of whatever "fame" this represents to some. I'm only enjoying myself, and i'm enjoying other people's work... and thought I would be enjoying a "nightmare-free" environnement after 7 years "nightmaring" with bands, labels and other crap I thought this would be a simple, humble and friendly environnement, guess what? you're never too old for desillusion.
                        you talk about expenses that researches cost that should come into consideration with one's work? Nobody asks anybody to spend cash into their researches, then if you do it, it's because you wanted it too. I spend several hundreds at least every 2 months if not one a month to travel to London, and guess what? if I haven't learned anything new, if I still haven't managed to get the pictures I wanted, if I didn't manage to get to whatever place in time to see wht I wanted to see or whatever else, well I enjoyed it anyway so I'm not gonna bitch out like "oooh I spent so much cash on that stuff and nobody gives a flying **** about it", because it shouldn't be the purpose. Now if you'll excuse me... there's a big dragon fleeing...

Comment

... missed that spelling typo...
                          Hi Phil,

I'm all right, thanks, and trust you are too. Typo now, is it? You want to watch out lest the wrath of Trevor descend upon thee ...

Regards,

Mark

Comment

Hello Mark,

Yes, ok here too young man.... I'm sure Trevor will take my previous into consideration..lol

kindly

Phil
                            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Mark,

What a peculiar start

This was not quite what I envisioned as the official announcement, but I am at fault and not Maria. Whatever, we are up and running with the New Independent Review.
                              And thank you for your good wishes--we will need them and then some.

Don.

Comment

In which case, I am at a total loss to understand what the problem could possibly be. Therefore, why is it so difficult for those who actually have copies to publish them for the god of the genre and the public interest?
                                You shouldn't be at a loss to understand the problem, because it's been explained about a dozen times.

Once more. Obviously the report is still in copyright. When in 2009 I tried to get permission to post a copy on Casebook the author and the FSS agreed in principle, but the FSS said I should get the permission of the person who commissioned the report. He did not give his permission. That was the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X