Daily Mirror Apology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Mirror Apology

I am posting this on behalf of Robert Smith, as he finds he is no longer registered.

I would like to thank the many concerned people, who alerted me to a libellous statement, published in the Daily Mirror on 17th April 2010.

I am pleased to report that the Daily Mirror has agreed to pay me damages and all my legal costs, in addition to publishing the following apology, which is on page 12 of today’s Daily Mirror and online:

Robert Smith:
    An apology
    In our free supplement “Britain’s Worst Serial Killers” on 17 April 2010 and online we stated that the publisher of the James Maybrick Diary had admitted forging the Diary. We now accept that this is untrue and we are happy to make it clear that the publisher has never admitted to forging it. We apologise to the publisher for our error.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/07/30/robert-smith-an-apology-115875-22449795/

Robert Smith
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Hello Caz,

Thanks for posting this. I had been wondering about this when it first came to my attention.

best wishes

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

I would second that Phil. Whatever your view on the diary, this was a low shot and it is good to see it has finally been shown for what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
        I am posting this on behalf of Robert Smith, as he finds he is no longer registered.

I would like to thank the many concerned people, who alerted me to a libellous statement, published in the Daily Mirror on 17th April 2010.

I am pleased to report that the Daily Mirror has agreed to pay me damages and all my legal costs, in addition to publishing the following apology, which is on page 12 of today’s Daily Mirror and online:

Robert Smith:
        An apology
        In our free supplement “Britain’s Worst Serial Killers” on 17 April 2010 and online we stated that the publisher of the James Maybrick Diary had admitted forging the Diary. We now accept that this is untrue and we are happy to make it clear that the publisher has never admitted to forging it. We apologise to the publisher for our error.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/07/30/robert-smith-an-apology-115875-22449795/

Robert Smith
        Hi Caz,

Well isn't that just bloody typical of the tabloid media. Robert is libeled in a 24 page full colour supplement, given away free to every reader, and launched with much huha, complete with its own TV advertising campaign. (see link below).

Yet when they are caught, red handed, in the libel, the very best they can come out with is a pathetic three sentence apology, tucked away on page 12

Thank you bringing this to everyones attention Caz. I would have missed it otherwise, as I'm sure many others would have, which, no doubt was of course the Daily Mirror's intention!

Thanks again.

Best Wishes,

Zodiac.
        And thus I clothe my naked villainy
        With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
        And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

Great news! I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw that. And I'm glad to have been able to alert Robert.

Jenni
          Last edited by Jenni Shelden; 07-30-2010, 09:51 PM.
          “be just and fear not”

Comment

Caz,

I don't think anyone of us would think Smith actually forged the Diary...but has he yet developed the testicular fortitude to admit that the Diary is clearly a forgery?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I find it incredible that even a rag such as the Daily Bloody Mirror could make such a mistake as that. A quick scan of Wikipedia (about their level) would've saved them a ****-load of money.

Graham
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                Caz,

I don't think anyone of us would think Smith actually forged the Diary...but has he yet developed the testicular fortitude to admit that the Diary is clearly a forgery?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                Hi Wescott,

I only posted for Robert because he found his registration had lapsed. I can't answer your question as I don't have the balls to put it to him in so many words.

But maybe you can answer mine:

Have you developed the testicular fortitude to admit that if Le Grand was Liz's killer he would have known that they found no bloody grapes on her, making Packer's suspect customer story a dead red herring and pointless exercise?

Love,

Caz
                X
                Last edited by caz; 07-31-2010, 05:22 PM.
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Bloody hell Caz just picked this up!!! Bastardos red tops!!!! Whoooooo Hoooooo bloody brilliant!!!! and to the wonderful Robert!!!! xxxxxx

(testicular fortitude!......LOL )
                  'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Advantage, Caz Morris. New balls!
                    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Novus Balls Commodo allegedly hehe
                      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Working...
                      X