Ripperana Jan 2008...What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys,

As per, John is correct. I suggest you check it out in the photo archive.

It amazes me how such inaccuracies still crop up. Its not only the wrong building but also the wrong year for the building it is supposed to be.

Monty.
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Right chaps-
      Sorry about that I posted that post an age(well 2 hrs ) ago and ever since then I couldn't get back in.....HUH! Seem to have persuaded the mad machine that is my PC to let me back now though...just before it was a 'Through the Window Time!'

..Looking at that pic though there are SO many things that are WRONG excluding the electrical lamp!!...The fact that above 'Mary's door' to the right in the pic the wall seems to disappear! (Where're the Upstairs Rooms!),The wall to the left sort of 'turns the corner' with no sign of a window,.....

.....Bollards I say!

Suzi
      (sorry for the delay!)......AND there's no sign of a cat!
      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

And there wasn't no bollards in Millers Court, innit
        allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
          Can we give Nick Warren the benefit of the doubt and say it was an April Fool's Day joke?

Since we so rarely get to talk about Ripperana, has anyone heard how Nick's health is doing?
          Hi Dan Actually I only got it on Sunday (Published in Jan ) so the April Fool's not an option!
          As to Nick's health...no idea... his email appears to be
          warren.n1@sky.com or ripperana@yahoo.co.uk

It IS Woods Buildings withought a doubt!!!!.... Many a toddle through there from time to time .....and Mary would have had to have Twizzle arms else! (Ah! NOT noticable in the photos!)

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
            And there wasn't no bollards in Millers Court, innit
            yep but there were a load of 'em in a photo in Ripperana !

AMAZING! Isn't it Mont!!
            More interesting than some of the Picture Desk pics though Phillip 'eh!! hehe

Comment

Hey, Suzi!

Get your sweet *** back over to Pub Talk and tell me about when you played Nancy in 'Oliver'. I'm dying to know more!

Cheers,

Graham
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Just found these two no longer sadly there...The first one in Commercial and the 2nd in Brick Lane......sad eh
                Click image for larger version

Name:	handh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	653278

Name:	handh2.jpg
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	653279

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                  Hey, Suzi!

Get your sweet *** back over to Pub Talk and tell me about when you played Nancy in 'Oliver'. I'm dying to know more!

Cheers,

Graham

'There's a little ditty they're singin' in The City (Darts) especially when they've been on the gin or the beer.......BUT..........that's another story!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                    Hi Dan Actually I only got it on Sunday (Published in Jan ) so the April Fool's not an option!
                    Yuuz guys get mail on Sundays??? Must be the high taxes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aspallek View Post
                      Yuuz guys get mail on Sundays??? Must be the high taxes!!!

Courtesy of Mr Gordon "Personalityectomy" Brown, our direct income-tax is now lower than that of the USA. However, the swines have us by the balls by other more devious means...but we don't pay gynormous medical-insurance premiums, to be fair.

Pip-pip!

Graham
                      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Bla - I arrived too late for the fun and games. Whilst you lot were discussing what it was, I was in the area doing the usual with 40 lovely tourists. Remarkably busy in the area tonight - tons of them about. No less than FOUR groups in Goulston Street.

So we've got our answer. The idiocy of that initial assertion staggers me. I know that Ripperana's main raison d'etre is to just slag off all the other Ripper periodicals but, blimey, this is just stupid! I saw it was Woods Buildings straight away.

The famous Leonard Matters photos of the entrance to Millers Court were taken in January 1928 and that side of Duval Street (renamed by then, you see) came down within weeks, if not days, of him doing it. The southern side remained until the 1960s, though.

PHILIP
                        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Hi Frip! God my laptop DIED today!!!! Back home limping along as ever But HEY! Woods defo!!!!

SuznDids

Comment

I think your all judging the picture too harshly!!

It is obviously a Magic Eye picture where you pick a point and stare at it for hours before seeing a "Sailboat"

Hours later (plus one big headache)

Ok maybe not!!
                            Regards Mike

Comment

Eeeeaaaaaaaaase up Mike....It's Woods without a doubt mi fine fellow!

OR after three hours of a Magic Eye..........................Is that Baphomet??????

Comment

Name:	Rip1a.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	653290

EVEN M O R E most definately Woods I say!!!!

Blimey what was Nick (and his poster/postcard /hidden in a drawer or whatever)...thinking about!????
                                Hmmmmmmmm Laptop died at work OMG! so hoping all will be well on this machine 'cos off for 2 weeks on Friday for that 'funny' Easter

Suz x

Comment

Working...
                                X