Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting, Take a Look:

I am considering to bid, how about you?

I've not clicked on this link. I have fears of virus downloads. Something here doesn't appear to be right and I advise others not to click the link either unless the poster IDs themselves or the item.

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Now you tell me. It appeared to be just a link to some old newspapers on eBay. Ooops. Don't stand too close to me...I might be infected.

Comment

The deceptiveness Philip detected in that post was not the intent to transmit a virus. It was, instead, a clumsy attempt to drum up interest in something the original poster was trying to auction on eBay. He was pretending to be someone thinking about bidding, but then decided to tell others about it so they could all go bid against him.

As far as the auction itself goes, I don't know that I would trust it. The price seems high, but then most auctions for newspapers from the period that mention the Ripper are pretty high. The third paper of the batch -- the one in best condition -- is clearly 10 years after the Ripper murders with a very brief news clip about the Vienna Ripper. The photos of the papers are completely useless for determining their quality, and, in fact, the main one is very oddly Photoshopped.

Between the clear intent to deceive by pretending to be another bidder and the weird images even if I thought the items were worth the price I'd be very wary of trusting the seller.

Dan Norder
        Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
        Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Generally being one to rush in where even fools fear to tread, I checked it out and so far no problems . . . no problems . . . no problems . . .

Actually, I too suspect something a bit piscine in the air, but I am just wondering if BUNDY 123 alerting us to this great "bargain" in his maiden post may just be the seller trying to hype interest.

Don.
          "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Working...
          X