Clear All

• PC Thompson and the Ripper

Found this, thought it was interesting. It is from:
    News of the World
    Sunday December 02 1900
    Front page
    Attached Files

Yes Chud,

This article is in connection to Thompsons murder by Abrahams.

Slight error there. It wasnt the first time Thompson donned the uniform. He had joined up in the December. Having served his probation, the night/morning of the Coles murder was the first time he had been on the beat by himself.

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Its probably a bit late to write into the newspaper now to tell them that there is an error then LOL

Comment

He also wasn't "inches away" unless we accept the multiple of many yards by 36. That is, he heard retreating footsteps even before he discovered the body. And, while it was obvious Coles had been killed within minutes, it is only surmise to associate the footsteps with the murderer.

Don.
        "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

I don't know how long a person can survive with a cut throat, but I guess not for more than a few minutes. So the footsteps could well have been the retreating murderer I guess
          In heaven I am a wild ox
          On earth I am a lion
          A jester from hell and shadows almighty
          The scientist of darkness
          Older than the constellations
          The mysterious jinx and the error in heaven's masterplan

Comment

Originally posted by Hellrider View Post
            I don't know how long a person can survive with a cut throat, but I guess not for more than a few minutes. So the footsteps could well have been the retreating murderer I guess

My money is on the foot steps being that of Thomas SADLER.........

Comment

Working...
            X