Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think William Herbert Wallace was guilty?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Alan Close told the Police that he had seen Mrs. Wallace alive at a quarter-to-seven, and I heard him say so..." Douglas Metcalfe, 1981

Comment

• Originally posted by RodCrosby View Post
      i) Wallace's home address was in the directory, listing him as an insurance agent. Julia Wallace would believe in Qualtrough, because her husband obviously believed in Qualtrough. Second-hand telephone messages can get garbled. Sh1t happens... Qualtrough could have set her at ease by saying "my wife will explain to him what has occurred", implying Wallace was probably already on his way home after being informed of his "mistake".

ii) People are often found with their brains bashed in (by robbers, etc.). Screams are seldom heard.

Everything Wallace and his wife did that night was perfectly natural and commonplace, for 1931 certainly, and even for today.
      1. If Wallace was in the directory listed as an Insurance Agent then he would have been even more suspicious about why Qualtrough hadn’t simply located via the directory and visited him at home.

Whether she knew the name Qualtrough or not she didn’t know him. Parry could not have been certain the she would let Q in.

Garbled messages, messages that someone forgets to deliver....this is a terrible plan full of things that could have gone wrong. Unless you are Wallace who knew exactly what he intended to do.

If Wallace was innocent he’d have left the house earlier. Probably before or around the time that close turned up.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Logical fallacies I've already demolished, including the "could not be certain" howler.

I could not be certain of getting the job, so I didn't bother applying...
        I could not be certain of winning the lottery, so I didn't buy a ticket...
        I could not be certain of being alive in the evening, so I didn't get out of bed in the morning...

Oh, and as I've reminded you, the telephone had been invented by 1931, and Menlove Gardens was a long way from Wolverton Street.

Dr. Watson (as portrayed by Nigel Bruce) would blush at the abject drivel posted on this forum...
        Last edited by RodCrosby; 03-05-2018, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Logical fallacies I've already demolished, including the "could not be certain" howler.

I could not be certain of being alive in the evening, so I didn't get out of bed in the morning...

Oh, and as I've reminded you, the telephone had been invented by 1931, and Menlove Gardens was a long way from Wolverton Street.

Dr. Watson (as portrayed by Nigel Bruce) would blush at the abject drivel posted on this forum...
          The point is for such an elaborate plan there were so many flaws and things that couldn't be relied on. That is different from trying something without giving it much thought, even if it isn't certain to work out. You are conflating the two.

I don't think you realize how bizarre the combination of your flawed conspiracy theory and your absolute certainty in it comes across.

Everyone is laughing at you.

Comment

• I always have the last laugh, which is the only one that counts in this game of life...
            Last edited by RodCrosby; 03-05-2018, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I always have the last laugh, which is the only one that counts in this game of life...
              Really? Would tend to think you don't have much to laugh about in life judging from your insipid online posting history. Antony, who met you, apologized for your behavior to me by email correspondence. Everyone you come in contact with undoubtedly is overwhelmed by your stench of bitter failure and insanity.

Fly away, laughing genius

Comment

• From Kelly's directory, 1931...
                Attached Files

Comment

Logical fallacies I've already demolished, including the "could not be certain" howler.

Please stop quoting ‘logic’ when you have no concept of it. The only thing that you have ‘demolished’ is the minuscule amount of credibility that you may once have had.

In an earlier post you spoke of what a brilliant plan this was (I can’t be bothered to trawl back and quote your exact words).

The point being made is so obvious, so beyond debate that it shouldn’t need reiteration but it’s apparently beyond your comprehension (or a likelier explaination is that your are so entrenched and biased by your laughable ‘theory’ that you choose to ignore it.)

When you make a plan you try and eliminate things that can go wrong (comprendez so far?) You try and have a ‘plan b’ or even a ‘plan c.’ But, according to you, Parry creates this ‘master plan’ that resembles a Swiss cheese. As I’ve said before:

1. Wallace decides not to go to chess (only he knew that he intended to go) = plain fails.

2. Someone at the club forgets to pass the message on to him = plain fails.

3. Wallace decides, for whatever reason, not to go to Menlove Gardens. = plan fails.

4. Wallace has other plans for that night. = plan fails.

5. Julia, as was her usual inclination, decides not to admit Qualtrough. = plan fails.

6. Julia has a family member visiting on that night. = plan fails.

Take your fingers out of your ears Rod. This ‘plan’ could fall on any of these points. I’m sure that, given time, we could come up with more.

One minute your saying it’s a great plan, the next your saying ‘oh, so what, crap plans can work!’

Utter drivel. As AS said, everyone is laughing at you. Yet you think you’re some kind of genius. Sad really.

It’s not a plan. It’s an alibi.
                  Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 03-05-2018, 08:36 AM.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

From Kelly's directory, 1931...
                    Yup he was in the directory. So what?

It adds more suspicion for Wallace. He’d would have thought:

“If someone wanted to contact me why wouldn’t he just look in the directory (after being told about him by a colleague as you suggested) and find my address and visit me at home?? Why the chess club??”

You’ve just helped the other side of the debate. Cheers Rod
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                      Please stop quoting ‘logic’ when you have no concept of it. The only thing that you have ‘demolished’ is the minuscule amount of credibility that you may once have had.

In an earlier post you spoke of what a brilliant plan this was (I can’t be bothered to trawl back and quote your exact words).

The point being made is so obvious, so beyond debate that it shouldn’t need reiteration but it’s apparently beyond your comprehension (or a likelier explaination is that your are so entrenched and biased by your laughable ‘theory’ that you choose to ignore it.)

When you make a plan you try and eliminate things that can go wrong (comprendez so far?) You try and have a ‘plan b’ or even a ‘plan c.’ But, according to you, Parry creates this ‘master plan’ that resembles a Swiss cheese. As I’ve said before:

1. Wallace decides not to go to chess (only he knew that he intended to go) = plain fails.

2. Someone at the club forgets to pass the message on to him = plain fails.

3. Wallace decides, for whatever reason, not to go to Menlove Gardens. = plan fails.

4. Wallace has other plans for that night. = plan fails.

5. Julia, as was her usual inclination, decides not to admit Qualtrough. = plan fails.

6. Julia has a family member visiting on that night. = plan fails.

Take your fingers out of your ears Rod. This ‘plan’ could fall on any of these points. I’m sure that, given time, we could come up with more.

One minute your saying it’s a great plan, the next your saying ‘oh, so what, crap plans can work!’

Utter drivel. As AS said, everyone is laughing at you. Yet you think you’re some kind of genius. Sad really.

It’s not a plan. It’s an alibi.
                      Tedious repetition of logical fallacies.

One day a man was perusing a newspaper when his eye fell on the personal ads. A wealthy woman on the other side of the world was asking for news of her son, who had been reported shipwrecked, but a rumour existed that survivors had been picked up and landed in a far off country.

The man upped sticks and travelled half-way across the world to England, and despite being a foot shorter, 100 pounds heavier, and completely unlike the son in his manners(or lack of them), nevertheless convinced the woman, her solicitor, her servants (all who knew the son), that he was in fact the son. The overjoyed woman payed the man a handsome allowance and set him up for life.

Only after she had died, did the rest of the family decide that enough was enough, and set about unmasking the impostor. The case dragged on through the courts for almost a decade until the man was eventually convicted of perjury and given 14 years hard labour.

And there are legions of other strange crimes of which smug, self-imagined, armchair "detectives" might say. "That's impossible! No-one would dare do that and expect to get away with it..."

And yet they HAPPENED, and the perps DID get away with it, at least to begin with...

The simple fact of Julia Wallace admitting "Qualtrough" to her home doesn't even rate in comparison. Just a variation on an everyday crime.

And if she hadn't admitted him, so what?

There'd be a couple less fools on the internet, maybe?
                      Last edited by RodCrosby; 03-05-2018, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                        Yup he was in the directory. So what?

It adds more suspicion for Wallace. He’d would have thought:

“If someone wanted to contact me why wouldn’t he just look in the directory (after being told about him by a colleague as you suggested) and find my address and visit me at home?? Why the chess club??”
                        It would be considered rude and odd to just turn up unannounced one evening, and it was a long way to go in any case. If you could contact the man, or leave a message fro him, by telephone, why wouldn't you? Even today?
                        Last edited by RodCrosby; 03-05-2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

One day a man was perusing a newspaper when his eye fell on the personal ads. ...
                          This is the Tichborne case, though you have not summarised it with any great accuracy.

Comment

Tedious repetition of logical fallacies.

One day a man was perusing a newspaper when his eye fell on the personal ads. A wealthy woman on the other side of the world was asking for news of her son, who had been reported shipwrecked, but a rumour existed that survivors had been picked up and landed in a far off country.

The man upped sticks and travelled half-way across the world to England, and despite being a foot shorter, 100 pounds heavier, and completely unlike the son in his manners(or lack of them), nevertheless convinced the woman, her solicitor, her servants (all who knew the son), that he was in fact the son. The overjoyed woman payed the man a handsome allowance and set him up for life.

Only after she had died, did the rest of the family decide that enough was enough, and set about unmasking the impostor. The case dragged on through the courts for almost a decade until the man was eventually convicted of perjury and given 14 years hard labour.

And there are legions of other strange crimes of which smug, self-imagined, armchair "detectives" might say. "That's impossible! No-one would dare do that and expect to get away with it..."

And yet they HAPPENED, and the perps DID get away with it, at least to begin with...

The simple fact of Julia Wallace admitting "Qualtrough" to her home doesn't even rate in comparison. Just a variation on an everyday crime.

And if she hadn't admitted him, so what?

There'd be a couple less fools on the internet, maybe?
                            You really are staggeringly pathetic. ‘Logical fallacies’ what are you talking about.

Did you say that it was a clever plan - yes you did Rod.

Did you later say something to the effect of even crap plans can work - yes you did Rod.

The Tichbourne Claimant Case is utterly irrelevant.

Make your mind up!

There must be only you on the entire planet who thinks that Parry comes up with a plan and yet isn’t particularly bothered if it works or not!!!

“And if she hadn’t admitted him, so what?”

It would have been game over, that’s what! Unless you think that he might have tried a ‘Williams’ phonecall plan next week!

It’s like trying to debate with a toddler
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by gallicrow View Post
                              This is the Tichborne case, though you have not summarised it with any great accuracy.
                              It's accurate enough for the point I wish to make...

Human nature is strange. People believe what they want to believe, or have been "set-up" to believe, and criminals and politicians, amongst others, have thrived on this since time immemorial.

"Know thyself!" said Plato. And still, few do...

Comment

• Originally posted by gallicrow View Post
                                He doesn’t do anything with any great accuracy.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X