Most interesting unsolved non-serial killer cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jeff,

I recently found a Crippen production I hadn't heard of before on IMDb. It was on a BBC TV show called "Detective" in 1968 and was entitled Crime of Passion. I wonder if anyone in here saw it. It appears that it covered two episodes.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi all,

The Zodiac murders have always interested me. I have wondered if the Son of Sam, who carried out similiar murders in New york, did not have an obsesion with the Zodiac who once refered to himself as Sam.

Your friend, Brad

Comment

Both "Son of Sam" and the "Zodiac" cases really interest me.
        I would love to know but wouldn't they be serial killers?

In terms of Unsolved Non Serial killers, I would have to say
        Christopher Laverack, a young Hull lad who vanished, only for his body to be found.
        Recently it appeared that New evidence had been unearthed. sadly nothing happened.

Mike
        Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

When did that child murder happen?

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi,

OOPS, I my mistake.

Unsolved murders, right. I will stay away from conspiracy theories or suicides and accidents that people may believe to have been murders.

1. The Sam shepard case, since I was born in Ohio.
            2. The Black Dahlia

Thats about it.

Your friend, Brad

Comment

Here are some articles Stan,

Fresh bid to solve boy's murder

Christopher vanished after being left at his sister's house
              Police investigating the unsolved murder of a 10-year-old boy think they can find his killer 20 years on.
              Christopher Laverack disappeared from his sister's home in Harpham Grove, Hull, on 9 March 1984.

His body was found covered by a plastic bag in Beverley Beck waterway in East Yorkshire two days later.

Police say identifying a man seen at the house in Harpham Grove on the night of Christopher's disappearance is the key to solving the crime.

Home alone

Christopher had been left alone with his 15-month-old nephew Martin at the house in east Hull after his sister, Kim Hines, went to work and her husband Stephen left the house at about 2115 GMT.

Mr Hines returned about one hour later to discover Christopher was no longer there.

A portable television was missing, although there were no signs of an obvious break-in.

Police searched the area unsuccessfully throughout the night.

But house-to-house inquiries revealed that a neighbour had seen a car outside the house between 2130 GMT and 2200 GMT and had heard a man at the door.

'Inextricably linked'

Humberside Police are urging anyone with information about the mystery man to contact them.

"This case is solvable," said spokesman Inspector Steve Page. "But we are relying on people to give us information.

"We do believe that the key lies with the public in terms of identifying the man who called at the house.

"Somebody will know who that caller was.

"That information would be crucial as he is inextricably linked to this case."

Here is a True Crime Blog regarding the case,

Mike
              Regards Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike. Keep Hope alive. We had a case of child murders in Chicago that was solved after about 50 years.

Stan Reid

Comment

I always thought the family knew more than they let on!

My friend has a house a couple of doors down from were the young boy went missing, i just hope they solve it, give the family some closure.

Mike
                  Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                    Thanks Mike. Keep Hope alive. We had a case of child murders in Chicago that was solved after about 50 years.
                    I know you brought this case up before Stan but I've spaced the details. Could you refresh my memory about these murders in Chicago?

Does anyone remember the name of the industrialist sometime between the 1920's and 1940's who disappeared from his own plane during flight? He had a custom made plane, was on board when it took off, and sat in a private room by himself during much of the flight. When the other passengers went to check on him at some point during the flight he had disappeared. At the time it was speculated that he had mistaken the bathroom door with one of the exit doors and had fallen to his death. However later on skeptics pointed out that the air pressure on the exit door would have made it IMPOSSIBLE to open during the flight (the door didn't slide, it opened outwards). Some believe he was actually murdered on board. He apparently had made many enemies during his life.

I've tried googling but can't seem to find the case anywhere.
                    Jeff

Comment

Hi Pinkerton,

I think you are remembering Alfred Lowenstein who fell, was pushed or whatever from the plane.

Those Chicago child killings were the Schuessler - Peterson murders.

Stan Reid

Comment

Thanks Stan for both of those pieces of information. Lowenstein was definitely the guy I was thinking of.

That's remarkable that they were able to catch the murderer of the young boys after so much time. Hopefully the DNA from the Girlscout killings will ultimately solve that case soon as well. Gene Leroy Hart is the most likely suspect. The only problem might be if the DNA they have was not from the murderer himself (they're not 100% that it is).
                        Jeff

Comment

Hi Graham,

Weston and Lamplugh are creepy as well as shocking. They are similar in some ways also, that is, perhaps lured to their deaths by some diabolical person.
                          Hiya Stan.

Another odd fact about the Weston Case is that very little has ever been written about it - don't know why. There was some suggestion that she was being stalked. There was also the weird request by an Italian-based British lawyer regarding the whereabouts of her husband Tony Weston. I came across this purely by chance about 2 years ago when I Googled 'Janice Weston', but the link seems to have been erased. Then, of course, there was her relationship with Heinz Isner, a wealthy manufacturer whose affairs were handled by the legal firm Janice worked for. The police investigated this area, but apparently it was totally innocent, yet she was a major benefactrice in Isner's will. The whole thing is odd.

Re: Suzi Lamplugh, I read only yesterday that the police intend to question Steve Wright, the Ipswich Nude Murderer. John Cannan, who comes from where I live, was a major suspect for years, but apparently nothing ever came of his being interviewed by the police. Cannan is serving life for other murders.

Shiver down the spine stuff, this....

Cheers,

Graham
                          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Hi Graham,

I have a book called Unsolved Murders by Russell Gould. If not for that, I probably would not know anything about Weston here in the States.

Who was Mr. Kipper?

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Graham,

I have a book called Unsolved Murders by Russell Gould. If not for that, I probably would not know anything about Weston here in the States.

Who was Mr. Kipper?
                              Hi Stan.

Is that an American or a British book? Never heard of it! The only published piece I know about Weston is by Fenton Bresler in Murders And Mysteries edited by John Canning.

Mr Kipper - the infamous name in Suzi Lamplugh's appointments diary. He was the person with whom she had an appointment to show a property on the day she vanished. Who he was is a complete mystery. Oddly enough, I once worked with a guy called Ray Kipper - weird name! But he wasn't the one!

Cheers,

Graham
                              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Hi Graham,

It's British - Virgin Books Ltd. - London. The Weston account is 4 pages long.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X