• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Flying Saucers Attack!

Hi all. Can't get rid of me that easy.
    How 'bout we continue this thread?
    I'll start with this quote...

On Astronomy...

it is clear to everyone that astronomy at all events compels the soul to look upwards, and draws it from the things of this world to the other.

Plato

Hi Plang, good to see you back.

I am not really an astronomer per se but i sure do love looking up to the heavens.

Many years ago the moon was going to turn red, so here in the uk, i stood in the street away from the street lights and awaited for it to turn a strange crimson red.

I had my telescope set up but it could be seen with the naked eye, i also had my astronomy book open and looked to the heavens.

Suddenly, I tripped off the raised kerb, the book struck me in my eye and my eye began to bleed!

Needless to say the moon did turn red that night, both because of the workings of the cosmos, and because I was stupid enough to stand with an open book on a raised platform!!

Regards Mike (the poster previously known as mcebe)
    Regards Mike

Comment

Mike. What you did is worse than running with scissors, serves you right.
      Yes, the moon. It can be so spectacular!
      Among the most fabulous displays I have seen was during a Lunar Eclispe. I was way up in the Cascade Mountains waiting for it. It was early twilight when it first appeared as a dome behind a mountain ridge, and slowly rose into full view. And you know, I was actually looking [B]down[B]at it! At this point it was fully illuminated, but not by direct sunlight, so it did not appear as a disc, but rather as a three dimensional sphere. It was genuinley awe inspiring. You had to be there. And I kid you not, I involuntarily started howling at it. But that may have had something to do with too many Molsons.

Regards,
      plang

P.S. wonder if an alien mothership is hiding on the dark side of it?

Comment

Hmm My replies won't go through unless this one makes it.

Stan
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

yes..hmmm... that one made it sried. how ya doin' ol' boy!?
          plang

Comment

All right!!

I think the government fried us because we almost had Roswell figured out. That's why they shot down the Casebook satellite.

Stan
            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Stan, By George you've got it!

[I]Anarchism maintains that the 'State' is non-existent, that promises are null and void, since they can be fulfilled only through mans subordination.Emma Goldman

I oppose intrusion of the 'State' into the private realm and strongly defend matters of free choice in a democracy.
              Plang

Comment

Morning guys, good to see all the old members coming back.

I read this morning that Russia are acusing the USA of using "Son of Star Wars" to shoot down the rogue satellite!

I love the moon, it is such an awe inspiring planet and has so many moods, and i don't blame you for howling, hell i am teetotal and i love a good howl at the moon.

I watched a solar eclipse many years ago from a large hill in England, when the moon vanished the birds were going crazy, it was really eerie, but a sight i wont forget.

At the same time a tv camrea picked up a ufo flying across the moon!

Some of my fave moon mysteries include the pictures Richard Hoagland has which allegedly show buildings on the lunar surface.

Did we go there?

If we did what did Armstrong see at the craters edge?

And is it really made of cheese!

Mike
                Regards Mike

Comment

I managed to make it back into the Forums as well. I hate the fact that the server crashed, but these things happen. So many excellent posts lost, on this as well as all the other threads on the boards!

Well, let's see if I can remember some of the topics we'd posted about in the past...
                  1. The Tunguska Explosion: 100th Anniversary coming up in June of 2008.
                  2. Nicola Tesla: Death Ray, Radio, Radio Astronomy, etc.
                  3. Area 51: Got a name change recently, was expanded recently - Longer runways, more buildings, etc.
                  4. Contactees & abductees: George Adamski, Betty & Barney Hill, etc.
                  5. The Philadelphia Experiment: Hoax, Urban Legend or real-but-misunderstood?
                  6. Our own personal sightings/observations...
                  7. Hoagland's claims...
                  8. Strange disappearances: People, airplanes, ships...
                  9. The Great Airship flap of the late 1800s - early 1900s...
                  10. Roswell, New Mexico...
                  11. Bentwaters Airbase, UK...
                  12. Advanced Aircraft & Spy-Planes...

Well, that's enough to start off with...

Vila
                  "Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible - However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..." - Brice Linch: Max Headroom
                  Dan L Hollifield
                  Senior Editor/Publisher: Aphelion Webzine
                  http://www.aphelion-webzine.com

Comment

Hi all. think it's important we learn as much about the moon as possible, as i'm convinced this is what the aliens will use as a staging area/homebase if they decide to attack us.

Plang

Comment

There's an alien Homebase on the moon? You'll be telling us next that there's a B&Q on Mars!
                      Roll up the lino, Mother. We're raising Behemoth tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by steje73 View Post
                        There's an alien Homebase on the moon? You'll be telling us next that there's a B&Q on Mars!
                        That does go some way in explaining their delivery times!!
                        Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                          All right!!

I think the government fried us because we almost had Roswell figured out. That's why they shot down the Casebook satellite.

Stan

@#!!# Is that what happened? I always knew they were lying when they said that the satellite "never worked". HAH! Damn government! I'm going hunting...

Let all Oz be agreed;
                          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                            @#!!# Is that what happened? I always knew they were lying when they said that the satellite "never worked". HAH! Damn government! I'm going hunting...
                            Be careful Ally, look what they did to Mulder and Scully!!
                            Regards Mike

Comment

Morning Gang,

Thanks for the morning chuckles! So glad to see everyone is in full tilt today! Glad to see everyone back. Or at least almost everyone is back.

Back when Hale-Bopp was gracing us with its presence, there was a wonderful lunar eclipse. As I recall, the moon was full, or nearly full, and was in the eastern sky, and Hale-Bopp was in the western sky. We have a deck that is high off the ground, and it is an excellent spot to view the sky. Or it was before the light pollution got so bad. It was an event that I will always remember. The moon turned a pale orange-pink, kind of like Mars. Just beautiful, and, forgive the triteness, but it was such a spiritual or mystical event to have both a comet and an eclipse.

As for the Casebook being attacked, I have wondered about that all weekend. You know there were a few strange folks who appeared here over the months I have been registered.

I'm sorry we lost some of the things that we lost, esp. the personal experiences, and esp. Spot and Bubbles! But, we will not surrender!

Jeff, if you're listening, hope you can proceed with your surgery soon.

Hiddy-ho,

Celesta
                              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X