Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Tom

It`s in the Evening News, Sept 3rd.

Here`s Court St. Cross and Paul would have passed the northern end, but I think they met Mizen further on a little.
    Attached Files

Comment

John and Paul, I am looking forward to your new book. Thank you.

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
      Mizen was at the end of Campbell St in Bakers Row when Cross and Paul passed him. Evening News Sept 3rd.
      Jon, there is no Campbell Street in the (Whitechapel Registration District 1891 Census Street Index) click on the red

Roy
      Last edited by Roy Corduroy; 05-19-2012, 01:07 AM.
      Sink the Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
        Hi guys

Found it. Mizen was at the end of Campbell St in Bakers Row when Cross and Paul passed him. Evening News Sept 3rd. Can`t find it on the maps I`ve seen.
        Hi Jon

I think what we have here is a mistranscription in the newspaper. Campbell Street does sound a tad like Hanbury Street when spoken. Besides, as others here have noticed, there was no Campbell Street on Baker's Row.

For the record, we put Mizen at the corner of Hanbury Street and Baker's Row.

JB

Comment

Drums fingers...

Comment

Never judge a book.....

Having worked with all three men, the combination is a heady one.

I was fortunate enough to have a pint with John last night (as well as being the supporting act for his tour) and the book came up as we talked.

His description of the content is exciting, I predict it will be a must have. The cover and title is irrelevant, the content is what counts.

Monty
            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
              The cover and title is irrelevant, the content is what counts.
              Good point.

I think this book could be a really great addition to the shelves, it's sounds like a mix of Rob's and Philip's photo books with an examination of the circumstances around the crimes.

And if you get the hardback, you can always take the dust cover off

Comment

Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
                I think what we have here is a mistranscription in the newspaper. Campbell Street does sound a tad like Hanbury Street when spoken. Besides, as others here have noticed, there was no Campbell Street on Baker's Row.

For the record, we put Mizen at the corner of Hanbury Street and Baker's Row.
                Cheers, John. That makes sense.

Comment

Why does everyone think the cover sucks? I think it's pretty cool.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                    I like it too. It does the job admirably.

Comment

I don`t think anyone thinks that, Tom. A comment was made about the top hat, but I suppose it`s now a classic Ripper icon and if I were smart enough to publish a Ripper book it would have the whole works on the cover, knives, fog, top hats and a bit of cleavage. It is pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                        Ha I was just messing, based on the comments about the top hat and the title.

If the cover picture is indicative of Jake's pictures featured in the book then we're in for a treat.

Comment

I reckon 'JTR: Crime Scene Investigation' (not JTR: CSI ) would be a terrific title for what I'm sure will be an absolutely terrific book.

But the proposed 'top hat' cover sucks bigtime.

How's about something classy like on Philip's Dutfields Yard book.
                          allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Hi Stephen,

I'm certain the book will be a deserved success, but I do have to agree with you about the cover, which is nothing but an anthology of visual Ripper cliches.

Regards,

Simon
                            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Apart from the top-hatted figure, what other things on the jacket constitute this 'anthology', or otherwise collection, of Ripper cliches?

Comment

Who cares?

Frankly if the cover helps the authors sell more books, good for them! It's what's inside that counts...

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X