The name's Bond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The name's Bond

Is it time to think the unthinkable and consider the possibility that Dr.Bond was JTR and the Torso killer?I've seen him mentioned before but it doesn't seem to have been taken seriously.Perhaps he has totally deceived us all .

Originally posted by elmore 77 View Post
    Is it time to think the unthinkable and consider the possibility that Dr.Bond was JTR and the Torso killer?I've seen him mentioned before but it doesn't seem to have been taken seriously.Perhaps he has totally deceived us all .
    Why, what evidence points to him?
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Next thing someone will accuse Henry Sutton.

Henry the Ripper.....meh.....nope....next idiotic idea....Pierre!!!
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Why, what evidence points to him?
        Not much ,but there are a few curiosities that make me think and I admit I'm only theorising but that's a lot of what this is about,right?
        So,I posted on another thread that after Annie's inquest if I was JTR and I wanted more victims,I would have to disguise my surgical skills.But he can't quite do it in the case of Eddowes because of things like skirting round the umbilicus,removing the descending colon and invaginating the colon(if memory serves)
        In Kelly's case he is doing the post mortem so he can 'write his own cheques',he's in a perfect position to mislead the police and by saying the killer didn't even possess the skills of a butcher he may be doing just that.He contradicts Phillips,who recognised the work of a medical man.
        The organs were taken for a reason.Bond suffered from a stricture of the urethra thought to be caused by gonorrhea,he wrote papers on V.D.Is it a possibility that he harvested the organs of prostitutes for medical research?
        He treated his pain with narcotics and it has been shown that drug use is often involved in violent crime
        He gave up his job to work in the Austro-Prussian war because he wanted to witness field surgery and he was mentioned for bravery.One man's bravery is another man's reckless risk taking which is said to be a classic psychopathic trait.
        Regarding the Torso killings,Bond worked at the Westminster Hospital which puts him at the right end of town,and of course just around the corner from the Norman Shaw buildings.
        Also I was reading about a case he was involved in where a man was hanged on his testimony even though he admitted the reason he thought it was murder was a cut to the victims finger,otherwise it looked like suicide.Could it be evidence of pleasure taken in deciding this man's fate?Was it evidence of the classic psychopathic traits of power seeking and controlling?
        I know I'll get a bit of flak but Bond is beautifully placed to interfere with the police and stay abreast of developments,he could be the man wearing the mask of sanity,in plain view.Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
          Next thing someone will accuse Henry Sutton.

Henry the Ripper.....meh.....nope....next idiotic idea....Pierre!!!
          That'll be a no then! 1-0

Comment

Wouldn't it be the most delicious irony if the original criminal profiler was the most famous criminal in history?More research methinks

Comment

Wouldn't it be the most delicious irony if the original criminal profiler was the most famous criminal in history?More research methinks
              interesting. How old was bond in 1888.
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Thomas Bond was born in 1841, which would make him forty seven at the time of the Ripper kilings, a bit elderly for Jack, surely?

Comment

He was said to be athletic ,Rosella.I think he had killed before.As I said he worked about 400m from the Shaw buildings and most of the torso pieces were found within a couple of miles of the hospital to the west.He rode with the hunt so he knew about horses and I expect to find his address to the west.I see him travelling to work in a buggy,perhaps which would allow easy transit..I think Abby mentioned field surgery on the other thread and this guy went to a foreign war I believe purely to witness field surgery.I think I'll move this to General Suspects as I have more to say,thanks for the interest

Comment

He was said to be athletic ,Rosella.I think he had killed before.As I said he worked about 400m from the Shaw buildings and most of the torso pieces were found within a couple of miles of the hospital to the west.He rode with the hunt so he knew about horses and I expect to find his address to the west.I see him travelling to work in a buggy,perhaps which would allow easy transit..I think Abby mentioned field surgery on the other thread and this guy went to a foreign war I believe purely to witness field surgery.I think I'll move this to General Suspects as I have more to say,thanks for the interest
                    "I think..."

Any evidence.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

He certainly is interesting, from a fictional point of view. (He plays a part in my novel)

But the problem with going back to square one with Bond in mind, is you have to discredit everything he wrote as clues, and that doesn't leave enough to work on.

But if it's Bond, there can be easily more victims than the canonical five.
                      Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
                      - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

GUT,I have ideas that I want to put up for debate,but it's late and i've had a drink so it'll probably be tomorrow in general suspects.Bond seems to be untouchable and I want to challenge that idea because I have suspicions about him.It needs further research and I want to know more about him,he's an interesting character.If you want hard evidence on Jack you'll be waiting forever,cheers

Comment

Thanks John,see above

Comment

In Kelly's case he is doing the post mortem so he can 'write his own cheques',he's in a perfect position to mislead the police and by saying the killer didn't even possess the skills of a butcher he may be doing just that.He contradicts Phillips,who recognised the work of a medical man.
                            One of us is making a huge mistake here

It's possible I may have misunderstood your post so let me just share with you the fact that Dr. Bond did not conduct the official autopsy, that was the purview of Dr. Phillips.
                            The official autopsy is what was referenced by the police, not the observations of Dr. Bond which you are quoting.

Dr. Bond was requested by Anderson, at Warren's behest, to analyze the wounds across the Whitechapel victims to see if there were evidence of an experienced hand at work.
                            While he was studying the autopsy reports of Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes & Stride, the murder of Mary Kelly occurred, which is why he was brought in at Millers Court on Friday afternoon.
                            Dr. Bond assisted Dr. Phillips on Saturday and with the concurrence of Dr. Phillips he made out his own post-mortem account of what he saw for Anderson.
                            This is the report that is often regarded the official report, but this is incorrect.

An 'autopsy' is a legally defined investigation conducted by the physician in charge of the case - this would be Dr. Phillips.

Whereas a 'post-mortem' is any inquiry into the physical remains of the body after death. There are no guidelines for a post-mortem, no legal definition, it can be as exhaustive or as brief as the conducting physician deems necessary.

Dr. Bond wrote a post-mortem report for Robert Anderson, it was for the eyes of no-one else except Anderson & Warren, it was not intended to supersede or replace the official autopsy conducted by Dr. Phillips.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Thanks Wickerman, I could well have deluded myself,it's easy to see what you want to see.He's an interesting character and may well be a paragon of virtue.I'd like to know more about him,cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X