Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    Hello Batman. Thanks.

If you wish to do quantified LOGIC, by all means.

But this is all more twaddle.

Cheers.
    LC
    Yes that is morer twaddle and what I would expect when people desire more imagination than reality. Logic is simply the human brain's attempt to create a language that can describe regularity in nature. That's it. Evolved quantifable human brains with neural correlates of consciousness using language to describe real parameters about the regularity of nature. Basically any good philosopher of science can take all this fluffy feel good desire for some sort of non-quantifiable 'mind' (as in idealism) and show why its rubbish. Hence I recommend reading Alan Sokol on 'Beyond the Hoax' and Betrand Russel's The Problems of Philosophy to put all this 'logic can't be quantified' to bed early without supper.
    Last edited by Batman; 03-01-2015, 07:24 AM.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Edit: process of being nearly caught (Stride/ Nichols even) there is a lower degree of mutilation complexity.

Comment

Of well, I'm just an engineer. What do I know?

Comment

Applied physics.

Comment

Five for me and the killer snuffed it soon after the Kelly murder or was locked up and he most certainly didn't take a shawl to any of the murder scenes
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Of course, I'd need a Biologist to tell me that.

Comment

And so two biologists walked into the bar and . . .

Hello Batman. Thanks.

And I suggest you read ALL the journal articles from the 1960's where your point was trashed.

In fact, that phenomenon is what led to the extravagant view of "Eliminative Materialism" being concocted by Paul and Patti Churchland and Willard Quine towards the end of that period.

(Should have know you were in biology--your grammar and spelling are a dead give away.)

Permit me to leave you with this closing thought:

314.1 C. (heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh)

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

prime example

Hello Scott. Engineer?

A mathematician, statistician and engineer were asked to give proofs by enumeration that all odds greater that 1 were prime.

(Mathematician): "Let's see. 1 is undefined, 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is prime. Oops! 9 is NOT prime. Contradiction. No theorem."

(Statistician): "Let's see. 1 is undefined, 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is prime. Oops! 9 is NOT prime. But 11 is, and so's 13! Ah! Statistical aberration. The theorem holds."

(Engineer): "Let's see. 1 is undefined, 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is prime, 11 is prime, 13 is prime, 15 is prime . . ."

What did you expect? He's an engineer. (heh-heh)

(Don't hit me!)

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

As you can see I have a lot of flexibility in my views of who the killer could be as long as they involve Druitt
                    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I don't believe in magic. Which is essentially the claim of the philosophy that deny physicalism and deny explanations from science for things like logic and mind. As far as I am concerned I believe in material mechanisms like the brain which evolved language to describe nature.

Anyway the point is this. You can't answer the questions in the original post about examples of your multi killer hypothesis nor why there is a correlation between degree of mutilation and environmental factors.

Comment

Correlations R Us

Hello Batman. Thanks.

What correlation? Another of your imaginary ones?

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                          Hello Batman. Thanks.

What correlation? Another of your imaginary ones?

Cheers.
                          LC
                          Chart two, blue and orange. They are correlated.

The multiple killer hypothesis is the randomized third chart. There is no correlations at all.

Comment

correlations

Hello BM. Thanks.

I see what you mean.

And foot size and intelligence are ALSO correlated. I wear a size 12.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                              I don't believe in magic. Which is essentially the claim of the philosophy that deny physicalism and deny explanations from science for things like logic and mind. As far as I am concerned I believe in material mechanisms like the brain which evolved language to describe nature.

Anyway the point is this. You can't answer the questions in the original post about examples of your multi killer hypothesis nor why there is a correlation between degree of mutilation and environmental factors.
                              Everyone should believe in magic. It allows you to decline to explain the inexplicable. It also allows you to appreciate things without having to quantify OR qualify them. With magic, things happen, things are, and then they aren't. I mean, it's not a good philosophy in criminal investigation, but it's a good life skill to have.

Really anyone with any kind of chronic disease believes in magic. We have to. There's really only so much time you can spend trying to figure out why you, why like this, what went wrong, etc. before it makes you suicidal. I'm bipolar, and in order to get better I had to decide that it didn't matter. But I couldn't until I gave up trying to understand what happened. I have no idea what happened. Nor does anyone else. It happened. Magic. Can't fix magic, time to learn how to deal with the medical equivalent of an evil witch's curse.

Believe in magic. Just a little. It's kind of a happy thing.
                              The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Well, I wanna know what Robin thinks.

Comment

Working...
                                X