No announcement yet.

Centenaries - whole and half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Cadosch - born 157 years ago today in Paris.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• 100 years ago - 1917 July 13 - In Connecticut, John Monahan dies from poison given him by his wife Annie. The serial killer had also murdered two previous husbands and a niece by the same method, also for profit. This was her last murder and she eventually got a sentence of life in prison.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1967 June 17 - Two border guards, Theodore Newton Jr, and George Azrak, are abducted by drug smugglers Florencio Mationg, Victor Bono and brothers Alfed and Harold Montoya then taken to their California hideout and murdered with gunshots to the head. All four men got long prison terms.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1967 July 9 - Eastern Michigan University co-ed Mary Fleszar is strangled by serial killer John Norman Collins, a.k.a. the Ypsilanti Ripper. The 19-year-old was an early victim in his assumed tally of eight. Her remains were found in the following month. Collins was captured in 1969 and sent to prison for a life sentence that he is still serving.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1967 August 4 - Twenty-nine-year-old Rose Pazda vanishes in Connecticut. It will be neary two years before her skeletal remains will be discovered. She was believed to be the first of the five so-call "bra murders" thought to have been perpetrated by Benjamin Miller who, due to his mental state, was sent to an asylum after he was captured.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1967 August 7 - The body of Linda Peacock, 15, is discovered near her home in Scotland. She had been strangled and bite marks on a breast led to the arrest and incarceration of Gordon Hay who was 17-years-old at the time of the murder.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                50 years ago - 1967 August 7 - The body of Linda Peacock, 15, is discovered near her home in Scotland. She had been strangled and bite marks on a breast led to the arrest and incarceration of Gordon Hay who was 17-years- old at the time of the murder.
                Bite mark matches have lead to many convictions.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1967 August 7 - Eastern Michigan University co-ed Mary Fleszar is found strangled after vanishing about 4 weeks previous. Serial killer John Norman Collins, a.k.a. the Ypsilanti Ripper, was responsible. The 19-year-old was an early victim in his assumed tally of eight. Collins was captured in 1969 and sent to prison for a life sentence that he is still serving.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 250 years ago - 1767 August 9 - Fourteen-year-old servant girl Mary Clifford dies after being beaten with a bullwhip by her employer Elizabeth Brownrigg. A second equally mistreated servant girl was rescued in time and survived. Mrs. Brownrigg was convicted of murder by an English jury and sent to the gallows the following month.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 250 years ago - 1767 August 10 - In England, Ann Sowerby is burned at the stake for murdering her husband with poison. She found Timothy to be an inconvenience after she'd taken on a lover.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1967 August 15 - Victor Hoffman slaughters James and Evelyn Peterson along with 7 of their 8 children in the couple's Saskatchewan home. One daughter, 4, hid under some blankets and was not noticed by the murderer. Hoffman was found to be not guilty by reason of insanity and sent to an institution where he died in 2004.
                        Last edited by sdreid; 08-12-2017, 04:22 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

50 years ago - 1967 August 15 - Victor Hoffman slaughters James and Evelyn Peterson along with 7 of their 8 children in the couple's Saskatchewan home. One daughter, 4, hid under some blankets and was not noticed by the murderer. Peterson was found to be not guilty by reason of insanity and sent to an institution where he died in 2004.
                          Stan... should the last Peterson be Hoffman???
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            Stan... should the last Peterson be Hoffman???
                            Yes, thanks for catching that and I've corrected.

Stan Reid

Comment

Yes, thanks for catching that and I've corrected.
                              No worries, just puzzled me a bit if there was more than appeared, with someone in the family involved.
                              G U T

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1967 August 19 - In England, Raymond Morris kills seven-year-old Christine Darby. He had also murdered two other young girls in 1965. Morris was convicted and sent to prison for life where he died in 2014.

50 years ago - 1967 August 19 - Eighteen-year-old spree killers Thomas Braun and Leonard Maine abduct and murder Deanna Buse after tricking her into pulling over her car near Redmond, Washington. The two killers then went on to murder two men in other states. Both criminals were captured in a matter of days, convicted and sentenced.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X