English Smokers May Have Harder Time Finding Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert View Post
    Plus you can pretend to be Jean-Paul Sartre with a French one.
    I dunno. If I were going to pretend I was a Jean-Paul with a Gitanes hanging from my lips, I'd probably opt for another one: Belmondo. Sartre was smart, but funny looking. Anyway, bb is absolutely right in saying smoking is for suckers.

Comment

I don't know how anyone can afford to smoke these days. I smoked when I was single, it never came between me & the girls, but that was back in the 70's.
      My wife never smoked, when I got married I changed to roll-ups, tailor-made's were too expensive even then. I quit altogether in August 1986 (funny how you never forget the date), partly because of the price and the growing "cancer" threat.

What you pay for smokes these days in mindless....

Regards, Jon S.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Mindless is Louis xiii Black Pearl for $40,000.00 a bottle, and the entire run selling out in 2 months. Ok, the original price was a paltry $10,000.00, and they get 40 now, my mistake.
        I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think 'whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,' infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one's neighbour as one's self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbour; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
        Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

As much as I detest smoking, I hate obesity more and consider it more harmful to society and to taxpayers via medical costs than smoking. Alcoholism would be high on my list as well.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Cars smell bad and are more noisy than cigarettes.
            I guess one day those who don't own a car will chase and insult those who own one. Just as non-smokers do.
            Poor world.

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
              As much as I detest smoking, I hate obesity more and consider it more harmful to society and to taxpayers via medical costs than smoking. Alcoholism would be high on my list as well.

Mike
              Obesity can have other causes, smoking only has one cause

In Kitchener the city have painted a red circle around the bus stop in the main terminal where, "no smoking allowed".
              Considering there can be anything from 1 to 20 people standing at this stop, only the first two cannot smoke It makes you wonder who thinks this stuff up.

Regards, Jon S.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Belmondo

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...eature=related

Comment

I live next door to a school and the other morning I came back home from walking my dog to see a girl of about 12 sitting on the wall next to my house. Her friend came up to her and said "You're going to late for school" to which she replied "I'm waiting for mum to drop me fags off"

(Fags in English means cigarettes)
                  This is simply my opinion

Comment

Hello,

I agree with everything that has been said. The point I will make which hasnt been made yet, is just how difficult it is for a someone to actually agree to marry a smoker and then live some considerable time with him, not to mention raise children.

Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
                      The point I will make which hasnt been made yet, is just how difficult it is for a someone to actually agree to marry a smoker and then live some considerable time with him, not to mention raise children.
                      You might gain some insight if you talk with my wife, she put up with my smoking for 11 years.
                      I guess I must have other qualities that made it worthwhile...

Nudge, nudge, saynomore....
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                        As much as I detest smoking, I hate obesity more and consider it more harmful to society and to taxpayers via medical costs than smoking.
                        Agree about obesity being more harmful, and indeed, quitting smoking is hard, but it can be done much more easier than dealing with severe obesity.
                        Lots of people I know have managed to quit smoking once they reached their 30s and 40s.

I've dated smokers (even dating one now, casually) and it doesn't bother me as long as they don't smoke inside. Lots of smokers I know go outside to light one up even in their own house, like my next door neighbour in Berlin. And yep, it smells and tastes everywhere on them even afterwards. But to me it feels like kinda their essence. It's part of who they are.

The part about raising a kid as a smoker cracked me up, as my dad used to be a heavy smoker (until he quit) and I got my fair share of cig burns when sitting on his lap when I was a wee little one. I recall my mom shouting at him about this, and eventually he did quit.
                        Best regards,
                        Maria

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post
                          I've dated smokers and it doesn't bother me as long as they don't smoke inside.
                          Aaaarff ! moi qui rêvais de fumer une bonne Gitane au réveil en ta compagnie...

Comment

LOL. Ta femme n'appréciera sûrement pas.

Ça existe encore, les Gitanes? Ça m'arrive de fumer 2 fois par an, et chez-moi à Berlin j'ai un paquet de Kims sur la table basse du salon. Les Kims, c'est fort!
                            Last edited by mariab; 02-28-2012, 12:39 PM.
                            Best regards,
                            Maria

Comment

Ta femme n'appréciera sûrement pas.
                              Sur ce chapitre elle est un peu vieux jeu, j'avoue. Et moi je suis pas trop scandinave non plus.

Ça existe encore, les Gitanes?
                              Pardi. Le matin au lit, c'est le top. Pour fumer des cornets, c'est moins top.

Ça m'arrive de fumer 2 fois par an, et chez-moi à Berlin j'ai un paquet de Kims sur la table basse du salon. Les Kims, c'est fort!
                              Connais pas - encore que ça m'éveille un vague souvenir...

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                                Sur ce chapitre elle est un peu vieux jeu, j'avoue. Et moi je suis pas trop scandinave non plus.
                                Scandinave? Les autres diraient français. As in, “you're being very French“.

Pour fumer des cornets, c'est moins top.
                                Les cornets, c'est ce qu'on roule soit-même? Ou les cigarillos?

Connais pas - encore que ça m'éveille un vague souvenir...
                                Kims c'est l'equivalent de la Corona comme bière. Hyper léger, les clopes pour les pédés. As in cigs for gays. Or gay fags. :-)
                                Best regards,
                                Maria

Comment

Working...
                                X