Hi Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone!

Just popping in again. Been away for quite some time, but that's due to having a baby. Shortly after taking a break from casebook I found out at Christmas (2009) I was preggers. Baby boy is doing great too and I love being a mom. I love old victorian stories and the old famous writers so I named my son Dorian Gray. Anyway I am lurking around reading. I just wanted to say hello to my old friends here too.
    "Truth only reveals itself when one gives up all preconceived ideas. ~Shoseki

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Welcome back... and congrats on the baby (and what a great name!!!)

have fun looking around, tons of new and fun stuff since you left... good to have you back.

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Welcome back Blackcat and many congratulations on the birth of your baby boy. Hope to hear a lot more from you.

Comment

welcome back Blackkat

and congratulations on the birth of your son.
        babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Yes, welcome back and congratulations on being a new mom. Looking forward to your posts.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackkat View Post
            Just popping in again. Been away for quite some time, but that's due to having a baby. Shortly after taking a break from casebook I found out at Christmas (2009) I was preggers. Baby boy is doing great too and I love being a mom. I love old victorian stories and the old famous writers so I named my son Dorian Gray. Anyway I am lurking around reading. I just wanted to say hello to my old friends here too.
            Welcome back, Blackkat. If you are not a subscriber to Ripperologist, I might recommend the period fiction we carry in our pages, the most recent story having been "The Venus of Ille" by Prosper Mérimée, translated by Eduardo Zinna ("Hook" on these boards), in Ripperologist 120.

Best regards

Chris
            Christopher T. George
            Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
            just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
            For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
            RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

POPPING in again...... who knew a baby and toddler could take up ALL your time. LOL ( well I knew that would happen ) but still at least now it's getting a little more...doable. OK - now I will have some time - (a little is better than none) to read, post etc. WOW lots of stuff since i've been gone. SO much to read.

Hello to all! Missed ya!

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

OH and is Graham still around - I'm sure he'd just be thrilled to have my annoying a** bother him again.

Comment

Hello everyone, been a long time away from the boards, but will be popping in from time to time to read the threads. There has been a lot of JTR on the tv and the most recent was absolutely brilliant. I'm sure I posted a few years back, that the only way to get close to the killer was to somehow get ourselves into Victorian London and presto, the writers were on the same wave length! Unfortunately the ending was a bit of a let down. Well here's to sluthing and solving a case almost 130 years old.

Busy Beaver

Comment

Working...
                  X