Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Refuses to Stand for Pledge of Allegiance, Teacher Lowers Grade

c.d.

Interesting story. I'm surprised the superintendent is backing the students. It wasn't that way in my day, but that was several decades ago.

There seems to be a resurgence of pride among Native Americans lately. Many in South Dakota are protesting the oil pipe planned to go through their land, due to environmental concerns about their water table's safety.
    Can't say I blame them.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

If she's not willing to pledge her allegiance to America, then she shouldn't be taking advantage of a publicly-funded education.
      - Ginger

Comment

Where personally I find it disgraceful to not say the pledge, I have to say, one of the things I love about my country (yes I am a proud American) is that we have the freedom and the right to not say it if we don't want to.....that is just the way it is, I may disagree, but I will support their right, it's not as though they are swearing allegiance to somewhere else...much like the controversy about not standing for the national anthem, we fought for the right, and freedom for people to protest in such a way....and I for one am glad we have that right....the teacher is totally wrong and doesn't understand what freedom is if they wish to punish for it.....again...on a personal level I find it repulsive to act in such a disrespectful way to your country....but that is me.....

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
          Where personally I find it disgraceful to not say the pledge, I have to say, one of the things I love about my country (yes I am a proud American) is that we have the freedom and the right to not say it if we don't want to.....that is just the way it is, I may disagree, but I will support their right, it's not as though they are swearing allegiance to somewhere else...much like the controversy about not standing for the national anthem, we fought for the right, and freedom for people to protest in such a way....and I for one am glad we have that right....the teacher is totally wrong and doesn't understand what freedom is if they wish to punish for it.....again...on a personal level I find it repulsive to act in such a disrespectful way to your country....but that is me.....

Steadmund Brand

I tend to agree (shock horror) but do those who don't want to recite or stand forfeit some of the benefits??
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
          X