Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattress Company Behind Disrespectful September 11th Commercial Closes

c.d.

What amazes me about these types of things (and unfortunately they are not uncommon) is that apparently when the idea is first mentioned no one says wow that is a really bad idea or someone does and they are simply ignored.

c.d.

Comment

Yes that's true, but also who aired the commercial? TV? Cinema? Or was it on the company's own website? Unless it was the latter, someone else goofed too.

Comment

I think the mattress commercial was posted to Facebook, according to the news story, "without knowledge or approval"; the Walmart display was apparently suggested by Coca-Cola, which sends out display ideas, and it certainly should have known better. Again, it became an issue when an offended shopper snapped a photo and posted it to the Internet.

My feeling is that Patriot Day needs to be one official holiday that escapes the commercialization of the modern age. As someone on my other board wrote, "what's coming in December, a Coke display representing the bombing of Pearl Harbor?" Let's leave national tragedies out of the marketplace.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Working...
        X