Youtube and JTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Films of 1888 - to get a feel of the era

Not sure if this was posted yet but I am adding the Roundhay Garden Scene and Traffic Crossing Leeds Bridge (both by Louis Le Prince in 1888). Due to the fact these clips take place in the same year and country as the 1888 Whitechapel Murders (for more information see my thread Grandfather of Film Disappears in section of Other Mysteries).

Roundhay Garden Scene

Traffic Crossing Leeds Bridge
    Filmed on paper filmstrips, this is Louis Aime Augustin Le Prince's second known film, produced in October 1888. Only photographic copies of it survive today...
    Last edited by Nemesis Legion; 08-30-2008, 01:17 AM.
    Sometimes all you learn in defeat is that you have been defeated - Anonymous

Comment

Hi all,

a programme called 'Patricia Cornwell - Stalking the Ripper' has just recently been uploaded on YouTube, here's the first part:

Could people please read the description before watching the videos. Also, please respect others opinions and if responding, do so with tact and kindness.A ...

Comment

Jack the Ripper Photo's,
        Featuring Stewart P Evans and Martin Fido,
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Regards Mike

Comment

Waxworks 1924

The 1924 Silent film starring Werner Krauss as Jack the Ripper/Spring Heeled Jack

Part1
          Directed by: Paul Leni & Leo BirinskiEmil Jannings - Harun al-Rashid, Caliph of Baghdad Conrad Veidt - Ivan the TerribleWerner Krauss - Jack the Ripper/Sprin...

Part2
          Directed by: Paul Leni & Leo BirinskiEmil Jannings - Harun al-Rashid, Caliph of Baghdad Conrad Veidt - Ivan the TerribleWerner Krauss - Jack the Ripper/Sprin...

Part3

Part4

Part5

Part6

Part7

Part8

Part9
          Regards Mike

Comment

Jack the Ripper Case Closed

Here is Patricia Cornwell's documentary in full!

Viewer discretion is advised when watching the following. There are several scenes of murder, mutilation, and in part 6 some sort of track suit! You have been warned!

Part1
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Part2

Part3

Part4

Part5

Part6
            Regards Mike

Comment

Who is this?

Hi all,

Can someone identify this individual? He appears, along with Stewart Evans and Martin Fido in a documentary viewable on YouTube here:

He discusses the MJK second angle photograph that was returned in 1988 (around 8 min into the show) and says "I found the photographs years later..."

Any help?

Thanks

JM

Comment

Jack the Ripper - The Veil

Jack the Ripper - The Veil 1958
                IMDB Listing http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0739259/

Part1

Part2

Part3

Part4
                Regards Mike

Comment

Jonathan - that's Bill Wadell who was curator of The Black Museum at the time of the 'brown envelope' return in 1987.

This appears to be taken from the 2001 Channel Four series 'To Kill And Kill Again'. I can't say, without watching my video, if it's been cut down.

PHILIP
                  Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Thanks Philip!

I think I've seen him in other shows as well, now that you've identified him.

Check your PMs...everything is explained.

JM

Comment

Thanks Philip, JM and I were baffled!
                      Regards Mike

Comment

Comment

The Ripper Code redux

Here is a rather amusing clip....

Remember, I look at this crap, so you don't have to!

Here is the blurb accompanying the trailer!!

Max, a little disabled man in a wheelchair, seems to be a nice respectable civil servant, whose job is to help the unemployed find work.

Except, he has a problem... he is addicted to sex...and so goes out every night, curb-crawling the Red Light areas of London, to pick up a prostitute...or two, spending nearly all his wages.

Another thing about Max... he fancies himself as a detective, and believes he has discovered the Ripper Code which has lead him to the true identity of Jack the Ripper.

But now Max's addiction to prostitutes has got him into trouble, not only with the police but also with a serial sex killer of prostitutes, who turns out to be a copycat of the bygone Jack the Ripper. Max has to employ the Ripper Code to try to identify and catch the new Whitechapel murderer before he kills again...again...again.

2008 is the 120th anniversary of the Whitechapel Murders in 1888. Nabil Shaban's new novel in 2008, "The Ripper Code" is a timely reminder that nothing has changed.

"...a wild mixture of good humoured banter, bloodthirsty murder, bizarre plotting and uncomfortable sex....an unusual book in that it doesn't ask itself to be taken at all seriously while doing some in-your-face things...." - Bill Hamilton, A.M. Heath, literary agents

ISBN-13 978-0-9548294-2-1

price: £9.99

Sirius Book Works publishing

Order "The Ripper Code" from your local bookshop, quoting the ISBN number

or order direct from Sirius book works

Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                            Order "The Ripper Code" from your local bookshop, quoting the ISBN number

or order direct from Sirius book works[/I]
                            Er, I don't think I will on the basis of THAT

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                              Jack the Ripper Photo's,
                              Featuring Stewart P Evans and Martin Fido,
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OIoTCs7jE8
                              Good one Mike have just started the trawl through the Youtube list- Enjoyed the Stewart/Martin one at the beginning- did wince that AC was found in the backyard of a Common Lodging House but did notice that the contemporary illustration re the Bonnet was 'slightly different' - Onwards and upwards
                              BUT can't watch the Patsy ones!!!!!

Yes that is Bill Wadell

Suz x
                              Last edited by Suzi; 10-30-2008, 08:50 PM.
                              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Blimey!!! They'd have caught their death (!!!!!) dressed like that!!!! Gawd Mike all the Patsy and then THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeek Glad am back at work next week me!!!!

Suz xx
                                'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Working...
                                X