Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by Mike J. G. 21 minutes ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by Mike J. G. 51 minutes ago.
Goulston Street Graffito: The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL - by Wickerman 1 hour and 2 minutes ago.
Goulston Street Graffito: The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL - by Wickerman 1 hour and 14 minutes ago.
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - by Mike J. G. 1 hour and 19 minutes ago.
Goulston Street Graffito: The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL - by harry 2 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Goulston Street Graffito: The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL - (43 posts)
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - (40 posts)
Conferences and Meetings: American Jack the Ripper - True Crime Conference, Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018 - (5 posts)
General Discussion: General Victoriana - (3 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: East End Photographs and Drawings - (1 posts)
Witnesses: Israel Schwartz - new information - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Social Chat > Pub Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #121  
Old 06-12-2017, 07:26 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
Just fascinating to see a review of Donald Trumps court deposition under oath in 2007 when he sued an author who wrote about Trumps net worth.
Trump lied 30 times in his deposition. He wasn't worth anything close to what he claimed.

He just lives in his own reality.
When is America going to wake up?
If they didn't wake up when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton authorized the plutonium deal with Russia and then the Clinton foundation receiving millions from Russian cronys and bill receiving ridiculous speaking fees from Russia then they never will. I mean talk about Russian collusion.

Oh and by the way everyone who's ever said anything about Russian collusion and current admisitration there is no evidence of anything!

They need to stop this Russian nonsense and focus on all the leaks!!

I give all credit to Chris Mathews from MSNBC to calling it out the Russian nonsense for what it is.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 06-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Svensson Svensson is offline
Cadet
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
If they didn't wake up when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton authorized the plutonium deal with Russia and then the Clinton foundation receiving millions from Russian cronys and bill receiving ridiculous speaking fees from Russia then they never will. I mean talk about Russian collusion.
This has been debunked many times now. Clinton was one of 9 cabinet members who okayed the deal and even if she wanted to block it, she would not have been able to. Only the president would have been able to veto that deal.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinto...m-russia-deal/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...out-hillary-c/

In particular, the Politifact site states:
"But even with its control of Uranium One, Russia cannot export the material from the United States. Russia was likely more interested in Uranium One’s assets in Kazakhstan, the world’s largest uranium producer."

Furthermore, the Nuclear Regulatory Comission states:
"NRC’s review of the transfer of control request determined that the U.S. subsidiaries will
remain the licensees, will remain qualified to conduct the uranium recovery operations, and will continue to have the equipment, facilities, and procedures necessary to protect public health and safety and to minimize danger to life or property. The review also determined that the licensees will maintain adequate financial surety for eventual decommissioning of the sites. Neither Uranium One nor ARMZ holds an NRC export license, so no uranium produced at either facility may be exported."


The suggestion that HR Clinton "had sold US Plutonium to the Russians" is another example of Fake news, I'm afraid. And by that I mean it is deliberately misleading with the sole intent to deceive for political gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Oh and by the way everyone who's ever said anything about Russian collusion and current admisitration there is no evidence of anything!
Nothing that is out in the public. Note Comey's answer to all of the following questions. It was: "I can not answer this question in an open session":


What do you know about the Russian bank VEB?
Was the FBI able to confirm any criminal allegations in the Steele Dossier?
Is MR. Flynn a central figure between the Russians and the Trump campaign?
Is the Steele-Dossier still being reviewed or investigated?
Is there any evidence of contact between Russian government officials and the Trump campaign?
Did you ever come close to closing the investigation on Mr. Flynn?
Are you aware of any meetings between Trump officials and Russian officials that have NOT YET been acknowledged?
Do you think Mr. Trump colluded with the Russians during the campaign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
They need to stop this Russian nonsense and focus on all the leaks!!
Republicans were happy to do nine, NINE separate investigations into Clinton's involvement in the Benghazi attack. So even after the first 8 had found nothing that would incriminate her, they were still happy to run a ninth? And now the Republicans don;t even want to see through ONE investigation into Trump's potential involvement into Russian interference in the 2016 election? Hm....

Last edited by Svensson : 06-12-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 06-13-2017, 03:57 AM
Steadmund Brand Steadmund Brand is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Buffalo New York area
Posts: 488
Default

I just don't understand everyone jumping on the Comey "leak" thing, just because you say something over and over doesn't make it true.....first off, he specifically said the memo was written in such a way as to NOT be classified, plus it was his own memos.....how is it leaking leakingt o release your own non classified memos when you are a private private citizen?
Look, is Trump involved with Russia? Maybe, we don't know...the evidence seems to be pointing that way, but who knows. What is certain is that the Presidents behavior has been questionable, he has changed his story on things too many times to be considered "honest"...his main issue seems to be he let's his ego take over....he needs that spotlight and will say whatever he wants in it too look "hard" even if it's not true, or goes against what was just said.....I think many of his wounds are self inflicted because of his lack of understanding of the job...I know that is why some like him, but that may be his downfall....

Steadmund Brand
__________________
"The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 06-13-2017, 03:59 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensson View Post
This has been debunked many times now. Clinton was one of 9 cabinet members who okayed the deal and even if she wanted to block it, she would not have been able to. Only the president would have been able to veto that deal.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinto...m-russia-deal/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...out-hillary-c/

In particular, the Politifact site states:
"But even with its control of Uranium One, Russia cannot export the material from the United States. Russia was likely more interested in Uranium One’s assets in Kazakhstan, the world’s largest uranium producer."

Furthermore, the Nuclear Regulatory Comission states:
"NRC’s review of the transfer of control request determined that the U.S. subsidiaries will
remain the licensees, will remain qualified to conduct the uranium recovery operations, and will continue to have the equipment, facilities, and procedures necessary to protect public health and safety and to minimize danger to life or property. The review also determined that the licensees will maintain adequate financial surety for eventual decommissioning of the sites. Neither Uranium One nor ARMZ holds an NRC export license, so no uranium produced at either facility may be exported."


The suggestion that HR Clinton "had sold US Plutonium to the Russians" is another example of Fake news, I'm afraid. And by that I mean it is deliberately misleading with the sole intent to deceive for political gain.



Nothing that is out in the public. Note Comey's answer to all of the following questions. It was: "I can not answer this question in an open session":


What do you know about the Russian bank VEB?
Was the FBI able to confirm any criminal allegations in the Steele Dossier?
Is MR. Flynn a central figure between the Russians and the Trump campaign?
Is the Steele-Dossier still being reviewed or investigated?
Is there any evidence of contact between Russian government officials and the Trump campaign?
Did you ever come close to closing the investigation on Mr. Flynn?
Are you aware of any meetings between Trump officials and Russian officials that have NOT YET been acknowledged?
Do you think Mr. Trump colluded with the Russians during the campaign?



Republicans were happy to do nine, NINE separate investigations into Clinton's involvement in the Benghazi attack. So even after the first 8 had found nothing that would incriminate her, they were still happy to run a ninth? And now the Republicans don;t even want to see through ONE investigation into Trump's potential involvement into Russian interference in the 2016 election? Hm....
Hi Sven son
A very well thought out and balanced post, and very informative. Thanks for that! Seriously.

As admin had said no more Trump, I'm not going to comment on him specifically, and I can see where this is headed. Gonna take a break from this thread again, at least for a while.

It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 06-13-2017, 09:24 AM
Svensson Svensson is offline
Cadet
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Hi Sven son
A very well thought out and balanced post, and very informative. Thanks for that! Seriously.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
As admin had said no more Trump, I'm not going to comment on him specifically, and I can see where this is headed. Gonna take a break from this thread again, at least for a while.
Then again, Admin said that threads in memory of victims should be free of political mudslinging. This thread is pretty much on-topic.

Maybe it's time to resurrect the Brexit-thread..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.
I'm sure it will be all fine. Eventually.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 06-13-2017, 09:54 AM
Pcdunn Pcdunn is offline
Inspector
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Where did you hear that? It's not even on the fake news network.

Oh and looks like comedy may have been the source of many more leaks prior tt the one he just admitted. If true further exemplifying why the guy is a joke as head of FBI and needed to go. Good riddance.
Is this "real news" enough for you?
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...r-trump-239460

I agree with the perception of Comey as a whistleblower, not a "leaker". The former have legal protections.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...eblower-215248
__________________
Pat D.
---------------
Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
---------------
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 06-13-2017, 11:59 AM
jason_c jason_c is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Hi Sven son
A very well thought out and balanced post, and very informative. Thanks for that! Seriously.

As admin had said no more Trump, I'm not going to comment on him specifically, and I can see where this is headed. Gonna take a break from this thread again, at least for a while.

It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.

With regards Clinton and Uranium. The links don't clear up how important the State Dept recommendations may have been in the decision. Sure, nine agencies may have been involved but as far as we know the other eight may have simply followed the State Dept lead in making the decision. The links also suggest some payments to the Clinton Foundation from those who benefitted from the deal were not disclosed. It's all still extremely murky; pay to play schemes normally are.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 06-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Wickerman Wickerman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Oh and by the way everyone who's ever said anything about Russian collusion and current admisitration there is no evidence of anything!
But Abby, you have it backwards.
If there was evidence, there wouldn't be any need for the investigation.

Now, it appears Mueller IS investigating Trump, he is doing this to look for evidence.

All the Trump supporters keep saying "there's no evidence", of course there isn't, but the investigation has just begun.....
What the Trump'sters need to be saying is, "I hope there's no evidence".

Watch this space.....
__________________
Regards, Jon S.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 06-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Wickerman Wickerman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_c View Post
With regards Clinton and Uranium. The links don't clear up how important the State Dept recommendations may have been in the decision. Sure, nine agencies may have been involved but as far as we know the other eight may have simply followed the State Dept lead in making the decision. The links also suggest some payments to the Clinton Foundation from those who benefitted from the deal were not disclosed. It's all still extremely murky; pay to play schemes normally are.
And all these foreign leaders paying hundreds of thousands to stay at Trump's Mar a lago in Florida in hope of getting some one-on-one time with him on weekends, what's the name for that......let me think.....er....hmm
__________________
Regards, Jon S.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.