No announcement yet.

Can we profile the Ripper from the GSG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a kid who had heard his dad or some other adult complaining about the Jews?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Now where have I heard that theory before?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
        Now where have I heard that theory before?
        If you are talking about the Old Castle Street Board School, Scott; I posted the same information on the JTR forums in a thread on Castle Alley.

Comment

• Yes, I miss Errata and so many others who no longer post. Hope they are all alive and well and will return to Casebook some day.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
            I'm sure I've heard tell that it might have been rubbed out by the shoulders of passers-by if it had been there long, but can't find that reference at the moment.
            See my post #56 for that reference, Joshua.

All the best,
            Frank
            "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
            Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankO View Post
              See my post #56 for that reference, Joshua.

All the best,
              Frank
              Many thanks, and apologies for missing it the first time!

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                Yes, I miss Errata and so many others who no longer post. Hope they are all alive and well and will return to Casebook some day.

c.d.
                I just sent her a message, maybe shell respond.
                She had a lot of original ideas and knew a lot about psychology/mental illness/deviant behavior etc.

hopefully she responds.
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                  A mid-reading is always a possibility of course. You would have thought though with the number of people seeing it you would get a reasonable consensus. The point doesn't alter if it was written juews. Something about the spelling appeared to draw attention? Maybe?
                  Just noted the (presumed typo) spelling Juews. In German, Jew is spelt Jüde, which transliterates to Juede, wonder if there's an alternative of Jüwe?

Comment

• I have found the modern Catalan (using wiki) of jueus. Couldn't find anything closer playing with Google translate (most have the d of Yahudi kept)
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by kjab3112 View Post
                      Just noted the (presumed typo) spelling Juews. In German, Jew is spelt Jüde, which transliterates to Juede, wonder if there's an alternative of Jüwe?
                      Don't think so, Paul, although it's an interesting idea.

Unless... a German Juventus supporter?
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• How possible was it that the GSG writer was innocent and did not want to get involved like Pipeman or Joe Fleming or an immigrant who did not want to get into "trouble"?
                        Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                        M. Pacana

Comment

• Originally posted by Varqm View Post
                          How possible was it that the GSG writer was innocent and did not want to get involved like Pipeman or Joe Fleming or an immigrant who did not want to get into "trouble"?
                          Then why would they write the graffiti? Better off just staying quiet.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            I just sent her a message, maybe shell respond.
                            She had a lot of original ideas and knew a lot about psychology/mental illness/deviant behavior etc.

hopefully she responds.
                            I PM'ed Errata months ago when she first fell off the radar. Never heard back from her but I won't take it personally.

Comment

• Probably should have posted this here in the first place due to context.
                              Thought it polite to reply to Bill's work instead.
                              Trust this is not taken as a cross post.
                              My apology,if it is.

Worth a good read.

Especially William Morris's involvement with The International Working Men's Club at 40 Berner Street late September 1888,given his busy schedule.

Seems our Jack was well read.

Anyone else read Henry Gawen Sutton's obituary?

Juwes still turns up today as peoples names in Brazil and Ecuador.

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Well, it's theoretically possible the the author was an expert on medieval literature-maybe he was an English literature professor. On the other hand, maybe he just got the spelling wrong.

And I know what I think is far and away the most likely explanation!

Comment

Working...
                                X