Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the author of the 'Maybrick' diary? Some options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by caz View Post

The ugly suggestion I have seen elsewhere, that experts will give the result they are being paid to give, is particularly stupid. Who seriously risks a previously excellent reputation in their field for a few lousy hundred quid, in return for giving a verdict that would demonstrate either their incompetence or their crookedness?
    Jari Louhelainen??????

Comment

• Fair point!

But who else have we got? Why would he have been singled out unless the vast majority taking fees for their professional services are on the level?

And his example is a poor one, because you still need evidence before suggesting that another named 'expert' in a different field is either out of their depth or on the fiddle.

Love,

Caz
      X
      Last edited by caz; 03-27-2018, 05:18 AM.
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

I'm clearly wasting my time here. I'll try once more. Other readers might like to put their ear muffs on because this is going to be quite loud.

Only a complete thicko would invent initials for victims who never made it to the papers, for the obvious reason that the ripper WOULD HAVE HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING THEIR REAL NAMES.

Love,

Caz
        X
        Maybe he knew them.
        But your right only a thicko would do it, and or a poor hoaxer, and or a hoaxer who Knew there were two more included in the diary.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Fair point!

But who else have we got? Why would he have been singled out unless the vast majority taking fees for their professional services are on the level?

And his example is a poor one, because you still need evidence before suggesting that another named 'expert' in a different field is either out of their depth or on the fiddle.

Love,

Caz
          X
          Cmon can it happens everyday, especially in the court system.
          "Is all that we see or seem
          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• hi all,

I'm very much a noobie/newbie (whatever it is called) but I have read the diary some years ago now and found it an interesting read at the time. However another theory occurred to me, which unless I'm blind and missed it, hasn't presented itself.

Say it's not a forgery as per se, but it was planted by someone trying to frame the guy? I mean he was himself bumped off so maybe the diary was attempt numero uno to get shut.

I have zilch to back that up, just felt it may be good fodder for the thread.

Cheers!

Neil

Comment

• Originally posted by ohrocky View Post
              Jari Louhelainen??????
              Gesundheit!
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Say it's not a forgery as per se, but it was planted by someone trying to frame the guy? I mean he was himself bumped off so maybe the diary was attempt numero uno to get shut
                Hi NeilG,

it's an old theory that the Diary was conceived and executed as a way of getting Florence Maybrick off the hook. That is, if her old man really had been Jack the Ripper, then that in itself was a good enough reason for her to do him in and get away with it. Ha ha.

Unfortunately for such a theory, and as the Court of Appeal eventually accepted, there was really no hard evidence that James Maybrick had been murdered by his wife or anyone else, and so Florence was reprieved, and by being reprieved was to all intents and purposes exonerated. Which should have resulted in the instant release of Florence from prison, but didn't. She stayed there for a number of years, and remains if I am correct in saying so, the only example in recent English legal history of a person who was in essence exonerated of a crime of which he/she was accused and sentenced, and later effectively cleared of, but who wasn't immediately released. Those were the days!

Hang 'em high!

Graham
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Working...
                X