The original trauma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The original trauma?

Hello, I've been reading this forum for a few years but never posted. I've searched to see if anyone has ever mentioned this before but I didn't find it.

When I first saw the way some victims were laid out, knees apart, the blood between the legs, it instantly reminded me of women after childbirth. For instance the Kelly murder: from a distance it is the exact pose, with the blood between the legs like a woman who just had a baby or a miscarriage. Also the viscera laid to one side, could emulate the afterbirth, the bowels looking like an umbilical chord.

I've often wondered is this is coincidence or not. My gut feeling is, that it might be significant. If we would indulge in this idea for a bit, what would this mean for our suspect? I think it could indicate someone born in poor conditions, living in squalor one bedroomed flats, seeing things that may have deeply confused and traumatised the child.
    I don't think this would be the only trauma and reason for JTR to kill in such manner: there is such extreme personal anger and hatred, that may indicate that he was the victim of physical and mental abuse during childhood. I wouldn't be surprised if his mother was a prostitute and/ or an alcoholic (as also indicated by the FBI). But what if JTR is acting out a very specific scene from his childhood, could it be childbirth or miscarriage that he witnessed?

I found this article that is extremely interesting in light of the JTR case: http://trespassingjournal.com/?page_id=712
    Traumatic events thus appear as extraordinary not because of their infrequence but because of their violation of bodily integrity, exposure to helplessness and terror, confrontation with violence and death. It is exactly this experience of confronting the terror whose intensity is unbearable and immediacy mute, as we will see, that seeks to articulate itself in the act of murdering as well as in how the murderer gets to his victim, that is, in his M.O. and what he does to it in excess of actions necessary to terminate human life, that is, in his signature.
    I'm curious to know what your thoughts are about the original trauma of JTR.

There are indications that Jack came from a middle class family.
    Perhaps one that lost a lot of money and status during the Great Depression and preceding wars.
    eg Master Mariners who lost their ships and became grocers.

Suspect Jack was left handed and an Aspie.
    One of his photographs seems to show a cauliflowered left ear.
    Doubt he was a wrestler,so that possibly implies a right handed father under considerable stress.

Perhaps the victims positions were a result of the "autopsies" Jack performed.

Great first post and welcome!
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Working...
    X