Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flower and Dean View Post
    I didn't say it had.....
    This sounds like you are responding to the last line of my post. I'm sorry for the confusion, that line was directed at the title of the thread. I should have stated that clearly.

On the other hand, I think it'd be interesting to know if Kelly may have barricaded the door (or tried to) at some point. I've seen conversations before asking about why she didn't seem more scared and why she didn't barricade the door, and this being used to support theories about her movements in the last few hours of her life or about who the killer could have been. (There's no way of knowing whether she did, either, but then again there's no way of knowing specifics about a lot of things we discuss here anyway.)
    Kelly may have barricaded the door when she was in by herself.
    Whether she barricaded the door on the night of her murder depends on whether she was alone or not.

The way I see it is that if she brought a client back to her room then she was not alone, so obviously didn't barricade the door. She was not to know her client would be her killer.

On the other hand some believe she was alone, and in bed asleep, then in that case she may have barricaded the door. In that case it would seem impractical to suggest a burglar managed to open the door while she slept.
    Obviously then, the burglar theorists will reject the barricade theory, it doesn't work for them. Yet if her friend upstairs did it, and if she was as concerned as Barnett suggested, it is a real possibility that when alone she did precisely that.

Regardless, the fact the door hit the side table when opened that morning is not an indication that she barricaded her door.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Wickerman, I agree with almost everything you've said in your post. I find it hard to imagine that Kelly would barricade the door if she wasn't alone.

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      On the other hand some believe she was alone, and in bed asleep, then in that case she may have barricaded the door. In that case it would seem impractical to suggest a burglar managed to open the door while she slept.
      Obviously then, the burglar theorists will reject the barricade theory, it doesn't work for them. Yet if her friend upstairs did it, and if she was as concerned as Barnett suggested, it is a real possibility that when alone she did precisely that.
      I don't know if the table would have blocked the door from moving, I guess that would depend on the table. A flimsy table wouldn't offer much protection except to deter a burglar who found some resistance to open the door and gave up or make noise and wake up Kelly.

You've got a good point, though, even a lightweight table would have at least made some noise when being pushed by the door so it sounds less likely that she was surprised in her sleep. I'll have to think about that

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Regardless, the fact the door hit the side table when opened that morning is not an indication that she barricaded her door.
      I agree.

Comment

Working...
      X