Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Kosminski, Aaron: My theory on Kosminski - by Elamarna 2 hours ago.
Doctors and Coroners: Baxter's influence on Ripper lore - by Sam Flynn 2 hours ago.
Kosminski, Aaron: My theory on Kosminski - by Jeff Leahy 3 hours ago.
Doctors and Coroners: Baxter's influence on Ripper lore - by Joshua Rogan 3 hours ago.
Doctors and Coroners: Baxter's influence on Ripper lore - by Joshua Rogan 4 hours ago.
Non-Fiction: Elizabeth Stride and Jack the Ripper: The Life and Death of the Reputed Third Victim. - by The Station Cat 5 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Shades of Whitechapel: Caught!? Long Island Serial Killer suspect - (12 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - (7 posts)
Doctors and Coroners: Baxter's influence on Ripper lore - (7 posts)
Kosminski, Aaron: My theory on Kosminski - (6 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: How about the "Bad Cop" ??? - (4 posts)
Non-Fiction: Elizabeth Stride and Jack the Ripper: The Life and Death of the Reputed Third Victim. - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Hutchinson, George

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #71  
Old 12-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
If the police determined Hutch to have lied about where he was after leaving the court, at the very least he would have been held/detained, for questioning. The press did report on anyone detained by police at the various stations. So that would have been in the press, given his abrupt rise then fall as an extraordinary witness, turned suspect.
But, it never happened.
Because apparently they couldnít prove he lied because his excuse was he walked around all night. How you going to disprove that?
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Wickerman Wickerman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Because apparently they couldnít prove he lied because his excuse was he walked around all night. How you going to disprove that?
But that is modern guesswork. We have no written record of any investigation into Hutchinson's movements.
So the chance they may have been able to corroborate his story is purely 50/50, maybe yes, maybe no.
The point is, they still believed his story in the first week of December.
__________________
Regards, Jon S.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-05-2017, 07:29 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
But that is modern guesswork. We have no written record of any investigation into Hutchinson's movements.
So the chance they may have been able to corroborate his story is purely 50/50, maybe yes, maybe no.
The point is, they still believed his story in the first week of December.
How many non sequesters can you string together in one post, thatís what Iíd like to know.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-06-2017, 04:31 AM
Premium Member
caz caz is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
The police didn’t know the significance of stalking behavior back then.
LOL! So Hutch, knowing the police wouldn't recognise the phenomenon, came forward and felt able to describe it, as it applied to his own behaviour?

Have you had an early Christmas tipple?

Quote:
And if you don’t think following a woman around, watching what she was doing with other people, following her to her house, and waiting and watching her house for the better part of an hour in the middle of the night than I can’t help you.
But I thought the argument was that he did no such thing! LOL again! So was he stalking Kelly and watching who she picked up with that night? Or was he in the court on a murder mission and saw no other man in her company? Or was he making it all up and therefore not stalking anyone?

The police either saw nothing suspicious, or even that unusual about such behaviour or they concluded he had made it all up just for jolly. Had they thought for one second that Hutch's behaviour was a bit "weird", they'd have been all over it like a rash.

Love,

Caz
X
__________________
"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov



Last edited by caz : 12-06-2017 at 04:38 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-06-2017, 04:47 AM
Premium Member
caz caz is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
What a coincidence that hutch ends his little vigil shortly before the screams of murder are heard and then walks about for the rest of the night.

Thatís some alibi.
Well if he was making it all up he presumably learned about the screams of murder and when they were heard, and fashioned his story and departure time to fit.

If he ended his vigil, not by leaving the court, but by entering the room and causing those screams, he was a very silly sausage to come forward, to put it mildly. Why take a chance on the police being such total dickheads? Why take a chance on no nosey insomniac spotting him lurking, then entering the room, then hearing Kelly scream?

Love,

Caz
X
__________________
"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 12-06-2017, 05:16 AM
Premium Member
caz caz is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
if that were the case and they have a confession he lied, wasn't here, verified by other witnesses... then that probably would have been enough to charge him with lying.
Hi Abby,

How many witnesses/people confessing to the murders etc were charged with lying? Any idea?

We may presume Hutch wasn't charged with lying, in which case the police either didn't think he lied, or had no evidence that he lied, or didn't think his lies were serious enough for a prosecution to succeed - for instance if it was proved he was merely elsewhere and so couldn't have been involved.

Had they believed he lied, but not about being in the vicinity of the murder that night, evidence wouldn't have come into it. They'd have grilled him til his eyes popped.

Love,

Caz
X
__________________
"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 12-06-2017, 05:20 AM
Premium Member
caz caz is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
How many non sequesters can you string together in one post, that’s what I’d like to know.
What's a non 'sequester' when it's at home?? That's what I'd like to know.

Love,

Caz
X
__________________
"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 12-06-2017, 06:27 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz View Post
What's a non 'sequester' when it's at home?? That's what I'd like to know.

Love,

Caz
X
Sorry I meant to say non sequitur.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 12-06-2017, 06:37 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz View Post
LOL! So Hutch, knowing the police wouldn't recognise the phenomenon, came forward and felt able to describe it, as it applied to his own behaviour?

Have you had an early Christmas tipple?



But I thought the argument was that he did no such thing! LOL again! So was he stalking Kelly and watching who she picked up with that night? Or was he in the court on a murder mission and saw no other man in her company? Or was he making it all up and therefore not stalking anyone?

The police either saw nothing suspicious, or even that unusual about such behaviour or they concluded he had made it all up just for jolly. Had they thought for one second that Hutch's behaviour was a bit "weird", they'd have been all over it like a rash.

Love,

Caz
X
HI Caz

Quote:
LOL! So Hutch, knowing the police wouldn't recognise the phenomenon, came forward and felt able to describe it, as it applied to his own behaviour?
basically yes, he had to account for why he was there.

Quote:
Have you had an early Christmas tipple?
yes.

Quote:
But I thought the argument was that he did no such thing! LOL again! So was he stalking Kelly and watching who she picked up with that night? Or was he in the court on a murder mission and saw no other man in her company? Or was he making it all up and therefore not stalking anyone?
either or Caz, it really dosnt matter. whether he was just an attention seeker or her killer, he engaged in stalking behavior.

Quote:
The police either saw nothing suspicious, or even that unusual about such behaviour or they concluded he had made it all up just for jolly. Had they thought for one second that Hutch's behaviour was a bit "weird", they'd have been all over it like a rash.
Quote:
they concluded he had made it all up just for jolly.
probably this
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 12-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Wickerman Wickerman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Iím not assuming anything. They didnít find an alibi, because he didnít have one.
And the only thing based on supposition, as you say, is that they found one.
And you know he didn't give Abberline an alibi in that interrogation, ...because?
__________________
Regards, Jon S.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.