Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by caz 22 minutes ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Michael W Richards 32 minutes ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by caz 38 minutes ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Michael W Richards 2 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 10 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 14 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - (21 posts)
Kosminski, Aaron: My theory on Kosminski - (5 posts)
Doctors and Coroners: Baxter's influence on Ripper lore - (4 posts)
Shades of Whitechapel: Caught!? Long Island Serial Killer suspect - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Kosminski, Aaron

Old 10-06-2017, 06:18 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
Can one ask if there is any particular issue which has lead you to this current position.
I ask as I strongly lean towards Kosminski myself.

Steve
Very fair question...first I have to say that I now have a hard time attributing the "Ripper crimes" to "the Ripper" I think that there were a few (no not working together.. not a conspiracy folks" but I feel Smith was killed by thugs, plain and simple..Tabram I have a few theories on, one is she was with a solder and she tried robbing him and was killed.. or 2 may have met the Ripper....as I said not positive... Chapman, Nichols and Eddows (and probably Stride) I think were victims of the Ripper.. Kelly... that I feel was a much more personal attack...not a random....

That being said...of the ones I feel were indeed Ripper killings Kosminski is someone I would still focus on if I were the police.. along with one other (and those familiar with the work I have been doing the past year and a half know who.. but I don't want to start that discussion on this thread out of respect....if you want to know you can private message me.. I am not hiding my answer... just as I said out of respect to this being a Kosminski thread I don't want to push it another way)

I spent 20 years heavily favoring Kosminski/Cohen...but now I am 50/50 on him

Steadmund Brand
Old 10-06-2017, 06:23 AM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
Very fair question...first I have to say that I now have a hard time attributing the "Ripper crimes" to "the Ripper" I think that there were a few (no not working together.. not a conspiracy folks" but I feel Smith was killed by thugs, plain and simple..Tabram I have a few theories on, one is she was with a solder and she tried robbing him and was killed.. or 2 may have met the Ripper....as I said not positive... Chapman, Nichols and Eddows (and probably Stride) I think were victims of the Ripper.. Kelly... that I feel was a much more personal attack...not a random....

That being said...of the ones I feel were indeed Ripper killings Kosminski is someone I would still focus on if I were the police.. along with one other (and those familiar with the work I have been doing the past year and a half know who.. but I don't want to start that discussion on this thread out of respect....if you want to know you can private message me.. I am not hiding my answer... just as I said out of respect to this being a Kosminski thread I don't want to push it another way)

Steadmund Brand

Thanks for the reply, yes I doubt Smith, and am 50/50 on Tabram.

No need to say more.

Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:54 AM
Commisioner

Quote:

Steadmund Brand
Hi stead
just one thing-the soldier could have been the ripper. something that seems to be lost here on casebook over the years ive noticed.

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Old 10-06-2017, 06:58 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Hi Abby,
Fair comments, however they do need one to accept:

The GSG being the work of the killer, questionable.

Schwarz' s statement being accurate and Stride being a Ripper victim, again questionable.

Mental disorder issue, the point is we have no idea about his condition in 88, and so any suggestions of if he were capable are unanswerable. We know he appeared ok when he was in court on the dog incident, however even that does not say how he was in 88, particularly when the nature of his supposed illness is taken into account, periodic recovery and lapse.

Steve
fair points on all.

I would only add that IMHO the GSG, stride, and BS man were all the ripper is 95% to me.

peaked cap man, jews interrupting him and all that.

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Old 10-06-2017, 07:12 AM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
fair points on all.

I would only add that IMHO the GSG, stride, and BS man were all the ripper is 95% to me.

peaked cap man, jews interrupting him and all that.
I tend to agree on Stride, but am not convinced by Schwartz and certainly not on GSG.
but remain open to persuasion on all.

Steve
Old 10-06-2017, 07:49 AM
Superintendent

Quote:
Chapman, Nichols and Eddows (and probably Stride) I think were victims of the Ripper.. Kelly... that I feel was a much more personal attack...not a random....
The murders were escalating in violence, from abdominal mutilation to organ excision to organ excision + disfigurement. Mary Kelly’s murder follows that trajectory when the killer takes to murdering indoors. I don’t think there is any substantial evidence that Mary Kelly had any kind of relationship with her killer.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:19 AM
Detective

Quote:
I tend to agree on Stride, but am not convinced by Schwartz and certainly not on GSG.
but remain open to persuasion on all.

Steve
The GSG becomes, imo, much more likely to have been written by JtR when we understand better what it was. When we think of "graffiti" we ususually think of big sprawling writing or art on a wall. That is NOT what the GSG was. The wall where it was written was a white wall, with only the bottom 4 feet or so being painted black. The "graffiti" was written on this black portion of the wall, apparently directly over where he dropped Eddowes' apron. The letters of the graffiti were approximately 1 inch tall. So rather than big sprawling "graffiti", the more accurate description would be a small written "note" in chalk.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D View Post
The murders were escalating in violence, from abdominal mutilation to organ excision to organ excision + disfigurement. Mary Kelly’s murder follows that trajectory when the killer takes to murdering indoors. I don’t think there is any substantial evidence that Mary Kelly had any kind of relationship with her killer.
That I use to think as well.. but after talking to many police and homicide detectives they almost all agree...that attack seems personal...and not following the pattern, primarily due to the massive damage done to the face.. again... I am not saying I am right on my idea.. just my beliefs

Steadmund Brand
Old 10-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
However, that being said, I have serious doubts the ripper was jewish because of the GSG, the shout of lipski and none of the credible witnesses describe a jewish suspect.
to me, the spelling of Jews as "Juwes" makes me believe the writer was a foreign born Jew. Germany, which is next door to Poland, spells Jews as "Judan". The English word for the religion of course is "Judaism". So it's easy to see why someone who did not speak English as a first language would spell it as "Juwes". As for whether or not JtR wrote it, it seems all the police who were on the scene all seemed to be in pretty much agreement that the killer was the writer. They're the ones who actually saw the writing in situ in relation to the location of the apron, so I feel their opinion is probably more relevant than any of ours.

As I stated, I believe the killer's condition was exacerbated by alcohol and was probably drinking in pubs/clubs close to the crime scene. At the Berner St club adjacent to where Stride was killed, there were said to be at least 100 people drinking in the club that night, and most weren't members of the club. Most WERE young Jews, as the oldest club member was 29. So imo, coupled with the GSG, kind of leans heavily toward JtR being a young Jew who was probably drinking in the Berner St club as Stride seems to have been a "crime of opportunity, i.e. Not well planned out (since he was interrupted)
Old 10-06-2017, 09:01 AM
Casebook Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius2000 View Post
to me, the spelling of Jews as "Juwes" makes me believe the writer was a foreign born Jew. Germany, which is next door to Poland, spells Jews as "Judan"
Interesting idea. However, a German - or a Pole - would pronounce the "w" as a "v", so they'd be unlikely to include a "w" if they were guessing at the spelling of Jews. "Juwes", to a German/East European immigrant would have sounded something like "YOO-vess". They might try "Jues" or "Jus", but "Juwes" would be less likely, in my view.

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)