The Golden State Serial Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Golden State Serial Killer

People investigates on ID is airing a show about this most prolific serial offender beginning nov 6.

He is so prolific he Has three different nicknames corresponding to his various stages of his crimes:
    The Visalia ransacker- hot prowl burglaries.
    The east area rapist-more than 40 rapes
    The original night stalker/ golden state killer-12 murders, including the husbands/boyfriends.

They have this son of a bitches, dna, voice and description and he was literally only feet away from being caught several times during chases.

I hope this show helps catch him.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Thanks for the info, Abby. I've read a bit about this dude here at Casebook on threads about the Original Night Stalker and East Area Rapist. I'd recommend looking in Other Mysteries for them.

My home state of California does produce nasty criminals.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
      Thanks for the info, Abby. I've read a bit about this dude here at Casebook on threads about the Original Night Stalker and East Area Rapist. I'd recommend looking in Other Mysteries for them.

My home state of California does produce nasty criminals.
      Serial killer capital of the world.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

This one of the few old-school serial killer cases that I still hold out hope of being solved. Since they have his DNA on file, all it takes is for a relative of his to be put on the database and they'll find a match.

Comment

This was an amazing doc. This serial killer is one of the most brazen, lucky and bizarre SOBs Ive ever come across. This doc really highlighted how bold and terrifying this guy was. some lowlights:

at a public meeting with over three hundred people to talk about the east area rapist a man stood up and said one way for women to protect themselves is to stay with a man, as the rapist was only targeting women alone. apparently the GS killer was there and later attacked this man and his wife in there home!?! as I guess accepting the challenge. this was his first assault with a man in the house and would become part of his MO from then on.

He was chased and escaped numerous times including once by a next door neighbor who was an FBI agent and got away.

He would call and taunt his victims not only after his assaults, but BEFORE hand and then would later follow through and attack them.

He would linger for along time in the house during many assaults, cooking himself meals, hanging out, watching TV.

He called the police and told them he would attack on a particular street one night, and sure enough they spotted him with a ski mask on riding his bike (one of his transportation MOs). This lead to a crazy several hour chase involving many different law enforcement agencies where he was spotted again later on but eventually got away.

Theres a lot of other bizarre and brazen examples of what this guy-writing letters, sending poems. Its amazing he has never been caught as they have good sketches of him, his voice on recording, and tons of his DNA and its been entered into all the systems.
          Last edited by Abby Normal; 11-08-2017, 07:39 AM.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Posts on certain GSK websites that there is to be a press conference tomorrow. This may be it folks!

edit: link

http://fox40.com/2018/04/24/sources-...a-rapist-case/
            Last edited by jason_c; 04-24-2018, 10:37 PM.

Comment

100% DNA match apparently. Holy ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                100% DNA match apparently. Holy ****.
                His name is Joseph James DeAngelo Jr.

Apparently he was an ex police officer.

The decades-long cold case of the East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer has seen a significant breakthrough.

Comment

I hope it's true.
                  Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                  M. Pacana

Comment

Originally posted by Varqm View Post
                    I hope it's true.
                    Seconded - The EAR is one of the very worst. Letīs hope they nailed the guy.
                    If DeAngelo is the correct man, I am hoping very much to learn what he has been up to these last decades. Did he stop killing, did the urge evaporate, did he get too old to pull it off or what? Or did he kill all the way up to now? Will we find out?

Comment

What great news!
                      - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                        If DeAngelo is the correct man, I am hoping very much to learn what he has been up to these last decades. Did he stop killing, did the urge evaporate, did he get too old to pull it off or what? Or did he kill all the way up to now? Will we find out?
                        Good point Fish!

The reasons for his periods of not killing clearly have resonance with the Whitechapel murders ( and possibly the torso murders).

See, I have been paying attention!

I am reminded of Rader's given reason for the lull in the BTK killings, his children were young and he reckoned that they needed the full time attention of a loving father.

Comment

Yeah.Hoping to learn more.Also the identity of the Zodiac Killer.Here in California there's lots of nutheads.
                          Last edited by Varqm; 04-25-2018, 12:34 PM.
                          Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                          M. Pacana

Comment

I read that he has three kids. One was born in 81 and another in 86. I don't know for sure if it's significant but these years do kinda correspond to him stopping and his brief return to killing.

Comment

I just heard the news. A cop?!? at the time!?! Did not see that coming.

amazing and great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                              X