Jack The Burglar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
    Tools are stolen from a basement in whitehall. Torso turns up in the same spot. Tools are stolen from basement at 29 hanbury. Annie Chapman turns up dead feet from the basement. Proven connection? No. Remotely possible? Indeed.
    Tools from Mitre square?
    Tools from Dorset Street?
    Tools from Buck's Row?

Tools from any other site? Even any torso sites.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

What does a burglar & Jack have in common?

Stealth.

The fact that the ripper was able to quietly escape from each murder scene, makes it obvious that the killer was very conscious of any noise he made. I don't think anyone mentioned seeing/hearing anyone running away.

We know the ripper was a risk taker. A burglar is a risk taker. Entering someone's home is a huge risk. The burglar is also very organised. The ripper didn't just decide on the spot to kill Kelly. He had a plan.

Comment

I think it interesting to look into why the tools were stolen. But I do have a problem with the tools. How were they stolen? I mean wouldn't the culprit need tools to gain access to get at the tools?

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          Tools from Mitre square?
          Tools from Buck's Row?

Whitehall was a construction site and 29 hanbury a packing case company. Both kept tools in the basement. Did any of the three places you listed have a basement where tools were kept?

Comment

Originally posted by Natasha View Post
            I think it interesting to look into why the tools were stolen. But I do have a problem with the tools. How were they stolen? I mean wouldn't the culprit need tools to gain access to get at the tools?
            That's a good question. 29 hanbury Richardson claims he only padlocked the cellar after the robbery so I can see how someone would get in but whitehall is a whole another matter and foreman said he thought previous knowledge of the vault was necessary

Comment

To Rocky

Considering the Torso Killer had probably been killing since 1873 why would he need to steal tools for the purpose of murder/dismemberment in 1888? I'm not saying he didn't I'm just wondering why?

Cheers John

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                To Rocky

Considering the Torso Killer had probably been killing since 1873 why would he need to steal tools for the purpose of murder/dismemberment in 1888? I'm not saying he didn't I'm just wondering why?

Cheers John
                Hi john,

I'm not sure torso would need to steal tools for dismemberment. He might just have been a thief. It's possible he was stealing tools he needed to dismember I guess as I think richardson had a saw stolen from the basement. Why might someone target basements where tools are kept for robberies? Do you have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                  If we assume that MJK didn't invite her killer into her room, JtR was a burglar. In the UK burglary is committed where a person enters a building or part of a building, as a trespasser, with intent to commit one of a number of offences (one of which is GBH). I think we can safely accept that GBH, and more, was committed - and intended.
                  Hi Colin.
                  Circumstantial indications speak against Kelly being killed by a burglar.
                  The door was not forced, though the killer could have reached through the window. This theory though ignores the strong likelyhood that the old door would creak, and/or the latch would make some noise when being opened.

Kelly was undressed, which was not usual for women sleeping alone if we use her neighbors statements as a guide. All those who commented on this said they sleep fully clothed. No reason to think Kelly was any different.
                  Keeping a fire costs money, so the fire in itself is consistent with her entertaining, as is the fact she was undressed.
                  Circumstantial evidence suggests she was killed by a client, not a burglar, besides, what was there to steal?
                  Her clothes were her only possessions, and they were in the room.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    Tools from Mitre square?
                    Tools from Buck's Row?

No tools from Mitre Square but the Post Office was burglarized that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                      Hi Colin.
                      Circumstantial indications speak against Kelly being killed by a burglar.
                      The door was not forced, though the killer could have reached through the window. This theory though ignores the strong likelyhood that the old door would creak, and/or the latch would make some noise when being opened.

Kelly was undressed, which was not usual for women sleeping alone if we use her neighbors statements as a guide. All those who commented on this said they sleep fully clothed. No reason to think Kelly was any different.
                      Keeping a fire costs money, so the fire in itself is consistent with her entertaining, as is the fact she was undressed.
                      Circumstantial evidence suggests she was killed by a client, not a burglar, besides, what was there to steal?
                      Her clothes were her only possessions, and they were in the room.
                      Hi Jon,

I'm not saying Kelly was targeted because of her possessions. I'm saying that if the killer was a burglar, it was a job he practiced first. A burglar perhaps who graduated to murder for whatever reason. He may have even taken up illegally entering homes to steal items (not of value mind) because perhaps he was a fetish burglar.

Comment

Working...
                      X