Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Witnesses: Why doubt a soldier murdered Tabram? - by richardnunweek 16 minutes ago.
Tumblety, Francis: Tumblety - Hermaphrodite. - by DirectorDave 49 minutes ago.
Elizabeth Stride: Elizabeth's murder and the double event - by DJA 2 hours ago.
General Discussion: Albert Backert - did he emigrate? - by ChrisGeorge 3 hours ago.
General Discussion: Albert Backert - did he emigrate? - by ChrisGeorge 3 hours ago.
Witnesses: Why doubt a soldier murdered Tabram? - by Sam Flynn 4 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - (8 posts)
Witnesses: Why doubt a soldier murdered Tabram? - (8 posts)
Elizabeth Stride: Elizabeth's murder and the double event - (5 posts)
General Discussion: Albert Backert - did he emigrate? - (4 posts)
Tumblety, Francis: Tumblety - Hermaphrodite. - (3 posts)
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Social Chat > Pub Talk

Old 05-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post

What ? is the leaders of one super power supposed to have absolutely no communication or dealings with another? Good grief.
Well.....
- I think you know when foreign leaders meet, meetings are announced publicly, not kept secret.
- I think you know when foreign leaders meet the media are invited, there are both video and audio recordings, not kept secret.
- I think you know when foreign leaders meet the topics of discussion are made known, not kept secret.

So why all the denials, why all the deception, why all the resistance, why is everyone in this Rogues Gallery of an administration contradicting each other?

I did say this will be an entertaining few years....
The fewer, the better....
Old 05-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
Well.....
- I think you know when foreign leaders meet, meetings are announced publicly, not kept secret.
- I think you know when foreign leaders meet the media are invited, there are both video and audio recordings, not kept secret.
- I think you know when foreign leaders meet the topics of discussion are made known, not kept secret.

So why all the denials, why all the deception, why all the resistance, why is everyone in this Rogues Gallery of an administration contradicting each other?

I did say this will be an entertaining few years....
The fewer, the better....
Sorry, I don't think this is true at all. Many meetings between "leaders" are publicized, but many are not well publicized. Most meeting(I assume) are not recorded, or if they are recorded the recordings are not released to the press or public. Here is a pic below from the meeting, a meeting which was covered by some Russian media outlets. Have a look. Other than Trump I see at least 9 individuals present. I assume another half dozen or so are not in the photograph but were present in the room. What are the chances this meeting was EVER going to remain secret? None.

Instead of this meeting meant as a "secret meeting" I rather suspect you are all being trolled.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Commisioner

Joshua, I said nothing about "most". I did say the media are invited, not in every case, I know. When they are invited then of course they are recording the meeting.
Trump just held one meeting recently with the Russian media present, but American media was not invited. The guy's a fool, and now we have about a half-dozen reason's why he fired Comey - none of them can get their story's straight - they're a joke, the lot of them.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Joshua, I said nothing about "most". I did say the media are invited, not in every case, I know. When they are invited then of course they are recording the meeting.
Trump just held one meeting recently with the Russian media present, but American media was not invited. The guy's a fool, and now we have about a half-dozen reason's why he fired Comey - none of them can get their story's straight - they're a joke, the lot of them.
Well I agree with that. Why they even waste their time on trying to explain to the press why and how he was fired is beyond me. Just say your thing and move on. They get sucked into all the bullshit when they should just say their piece and ignore the rest. This back and forth the WH engages in is stupid.
They're gonna catch crap no matter what they do.
So just do it, give your reason, and go.

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Old 05-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Have you considered that there may indeed have been half a dozen reasons as to why Comey was fired?
Old 05-11-2017, 10:48 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Hi Jason
good post. It dosnt matter when or how Trump fired him-he would be criticized either way.

as for what people thought of Comey inside the FBI? well I can answer that from first hand experience.

I have been in Intel/DOD for over 15 years and have worked indirectly on FBI contracts. I know many people who are lifetime FBI, at all levels, and most of them think it was time for Comey to go, for the reasons I stated in my first post.

Ive been saying for along time, that our Intel/federal law enforcement agencies need a shake up in general. and I'm not the only one working in this area that does.
Thank you for these sort of replies. They are welcome. Sorry I haven't responded previously but im too busy giving plausible alternative scenarios & explanations in response to some of the more outrageous claims made against Trump on here.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:54 AM
Superintendent

Quote:
Hi Jason
good post. It dosnt matter when or how Trump fired him-he would be criticized either way.

as for what people thought of Comey inside the FBI? well I can answer that from first hand experience.

I have been in Intel/DOD for over 15 years and have worked indirectly on FBI contracts. I know many people who are lifetime FBI, at all levels, and most of them think it was time for Comey to go, for the reasons I stated in my first post.

Ive been saying for along time, that our Intel/federal law enforcement agencies need a shake up in general. and I'm not the only one working in this area that does.
Abby, definitely without going into real detail, what exactly was your job entailing that involved FBI contacts? I worked with a really good investigator at the New York State Dept. of Health, and he had such contacts, but he had these cases that crossed State and Federal investigations.

Jeff
Old 05-12-2017, 06:06 AM
Cadet

Mobster.

Latest Trump tweet: "James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear......

Is he suggesting that he has wire-tapped the FBI Director?
Old 05-12-2017, 07:38 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensson View Post
Mobster.

Latest Trump tweet: "James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear......

Is he suggesting that he has wire-tapped the FBI Director?
again I don't know why he engages in this nonsense-as I said before he gets into this little petty back and forth. stupid

That being said, the Russia thing, so far looks to be nothing there. They need to **** or get off the pot. One thing for sure that we do know is that there are leakers-within our government and they need to be caught.

I'm surprised that they can have the intel werwithall to nail Flynn about his talks with the russians, but cant find out who the hell leaked in our own government? give me a break.

I would also add, something we definitely also know, is that Clinton broke the law by not only having classified info on her personal server, but that she actually sent classified info to uncleared people. Its no different if she walked out of the SCIF with hard copies in her brief case.

people have gotten sent up the river for much less-the FBI needs to reopen that investigation.

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Old 05-12-2017, 08:13 AM
Cadet

Another gem I have only just picked up on. Apparently this patriotic "America First" president barred US photographers, but allowed Russian photographers into the Oval office yesterday