Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
    As an Aussie would say B U G G E R off.
    In fact, isn't that what the Australian policeman did say, when Daniel Farson put his hand on his knee?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan H View Post
      By the way, the 'embankment' referred to in the article, from where the mad doctor supposedly jumped, from is in Central London.

Yet Macnaghten had read, at the very least, P.C. Moulson's report on the recovery of Druitt's corpse. That report would have told him about the season trail pass (which he mentions in 'Aberconway') and the location of the suicide --Chiswick!
      Jonathan,

You know as well as I do that there is no proof of MacNagthen reading any such thing!

A return ticket is not a season rail pass.

All this has been said to cover the fact that if the person who jumped into the Thames fron The Embankment WAS Druitt... with stones in pockets and all..and suffering recurrent low tides... he floated a very very very long way to get to Chiswick!

Utter poppycock.

Hope you are well my friend :-)

back to hibernation..again...

Phil

PS Did I hear the word "Australia" mentioned vis a vis Kosminski?... PLEASE don't tell me someone is going to try and weedle DANIEL Kosminski into all this as a replacement for Aaron, because that hair dresser, who DID live just up the road from Mitre Square, DID go to Australia. He didn't go to any asylum though...anywhere. Shame that..eh?
      Last edited by Phil Carter; 03-07-2014, 08:04 AM.
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan H View Post
        The reference to Liberal T. P. O'Connor and "The Sun" has nothing to do with Aaron Kosminski and the Seaside Home. It is about the paper's big scoop from early 1894; claiming that the police knew that 'Jack' was a lunatic in Broadmoor, eg. Thomas Cutbush.
        Actually, I never considered that Sagar's retirement reminiscenses could have been referring to Cutbush, who worked in the Minories very close to Butcher's Row. It's certainly possible. For a long time I thought Sagar's recollections mirrored the Swanson Marginalia too closely for his suspect to be anyone else except Kosminski.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
          Actually, I never considered that Sagar's retirement reminiscenses could have been referring to Cutbush, who worked in the Minories very close to Butcher's Row. It's certainly possible. For a long time I thought Sagar's recollections mirrored the Swanson Marginalia too closely for his suspect to be anyone else except Kosminski.
          Actually, that Gloucester Citizen article contains only a couple of sentences about Sagar's suspect, and then goes on to contrast what he said with the ideas of Sims and T. P. O'Connor. But I agree the latter of those refers to Cutbush.

Comment

• To Phil H

Enjoy hibernation, as I don't know what you are talking about?

Maybe because anything I say, eg. the Druitt Pariah, has to be stomped all over or, conversely, ignored.

How about if I quote one of the great writers on this subject, whom I hasten to add does not agree at all with my 'case disguised' theory:

From p. 328 of "Jack the Ripper--The Facts" (Robson Books, 2006):

'Analysis of Macnaghten's writing suggests that his source of information about Montague Druitt was PC Moulson's report about finding the body in the Thames. Macnaghten knew about the season ticket from Blackheath to London, which was found on Druitt's body, and this knowledge shows that Macnaghten had information postdating Druitt's suicide. But inaccurate biographical and other information shows that he had no knowledge of the evidence given at the in inquest. Macnaghten's source must therefore date between the discovery of the body and the inquest, and is likely to be the report submitted by PC Moulson, who pulled Druitt's body from the Thames.'

I disagree with Begg about Macnaghten not knowing about information from the inquest, as his own memoir's use of the word "absented" (albeit multiplied, a lift from "The Lodger") plus Sims' reference to the "friends" trying to locate their missing doctor-pal is clearly a fictionalized version of the older brother trying to find his vanished sibling. That information could not be in Moulson's report.

Comment

Working...
            X