Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
    Do you mean this:

"Well, David, if I was an accomplice for instance, it would have been very difficult for me to notify the police, wouldn´t it?"

The answer is no, if you've been "made" to be an accomplice. It would be very simple to go to the police in those circumstances.
    and why wouldnt you approach the police (via a third party perhaps) and say, I'm and accomplice but can give you the real offender in exchange for immunity.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
      and why wouldnt you approach the police (via a third party perhaps) and say, I'm and accomplice but can give you the real offender in exchange for immunity.
      If you were the killer and you were at the same time Queen Victoria, and I was your accomplice and I was at the same time your servant Abdul Karim: what do you think I would do?

Note that this is a very exaggerated illustrative example used for the purpose of generating a functional explanation.

I think your answer to this may have many interesting angles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        If you were the killer and you were at the same time Queen Victoria, and I was your accomplice and I was at the same time your servant Abdul Karim: what do you think I would do?

Note that this is a very exaggerated illustrative example used for the purpose of generating a functional explanation.

I think your answer to this may have many interesting angles.
        Well if I understand your strange question, I guess the answer depends on the type of person you are, if you have standards you live by no matter what, or a spineless little creep?
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
          Well if I understand your strange question, I guess the answer depends on the type of person you are, if you have standards you live by no matter what, or a spineless little creep?
          That is a good answer. It depends on what type of person you are and what standards you live by.

If you are in a high position you will have specific standards, if you have this or that economic situation that will matter as well, and what also matters of course is what you would win or loose by going to the police.

You may for example win or loose your honour. You could also win or loose a position and/or a lot of money.

You could win or loose friends and your own social status.

I think that if I was the accomplice, in 1888, to this specific murderer, the Whitechapel murder, the choice would be very, very difficult.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pierre;417713]Well, David, if I was an accomplice for instance, it would have been very difficult for me to notify the police, wouldn´t it?

[QUOTE]

The Pardon for Accomplices signed by Warren Nov 10 speaks for itself. That, to me, makes an explanation for such assistance quite easy, since no matter what the excuse, the assistant could suffer no legal consequences.

Shame has nothing to do with this argument, nor is there any reason to surmise an accomplice felt any.
            Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
            X