Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear boy...

Jonathan,

As much as we await your publication with baited breath, please could you answer one question...

Why on earth is it so outrageously expensive? (We could buy six of Trevor's books for that price! - should anyone feel the urge)

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Today he would be in trouble for hugging a student, not so in 1888, in fact not even in 1960s.
      I meant embraced as in the sense of being found wrapped in each others' arms, not a manly sort of hug!

Comment

No, no, no don't qualify it! Don't step back from the Sacred Nonsense, not when we are so close, after six, long years!

Don't you know that I worship the quicksand you all walk on.

e.g. Druitt was a tormented homosexual who took his own life because he was dismissed from the school and Macnaghten was such an incompetent chained to his desk, and his dodgy memory, that he never even bothered to find out what Druitt did for a living, how old he was or when he actually killed himself. Had he done his job properly he would have discovered that the family never held such a ludicrous belief and even if they did, well, hey, who didn't back then about so-called 'deviant' people (look at poor Tumblety!)

After March, and it's all over, you can disband, but please not before.

But if you don't want to fork out big dough for a book by a novice then don't, fair enough, you have all my sympathy--really.

But if you look at the history of all definitive revisionist books, especially when they are debunking all that has come before that has turned a non-mystery into a mystery, then it is arguably worth the price.

Comment

Amanda

Hi Jonathan,

Never mind quicksand, you have once again, for the second time, avoided answering my question on the cost of your book.

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
            No we can't rule that out, Pink, I agree.

As Macnaghten said: "Students of history, however, are aware that an excessive indulgence in vice leads, in certain cases, to a craving for blood."

Repeated assignation with prostitutes, enough so you contract syphilis certainly constitutes "excessive indulgence in vice." If Montague Druitt consorted with prostitutes, though, they would have been the West End variety for a man of his station. But contracting syphilis, he took out his revenge, not on those West End ladies, but on the most vulnerable of the prostitute class, the Unfortunates of Whitechapel.

Which makes the crime spree very confounding if Druitt were the serial killer. What on earth is he doing in the East End, in the first place. Because in the sense of 'sexual insanity' there was nothing at all sexy about the Unfortunates. I truly hate to denigrate the poor victims, but they were not really 'harlots' as JJ is wont to call them, they were middle aged skid row alcoholics. If you've ever been to skid row in a big city, picture the people you saw there.

So if Druitt were the killer, and his motive was revenge for contracting syphilis from prostitutes, then he was very cunning to take his revenge in Whitechapel. Because the police naturally looked carefully at the local cast of characters, as we would expect them to. Druitt was not on the radar there. By killing there, Druitt was trying to beat the system, to keep from getting caught and hanged for murder. And he did get away with it. Until he cracked under the pressure.

All contingent of course on him being JacktR. If he was JacktR. A hypothetical.

Roy
            Hi Roy,I think Whitechapel would have been a perfect choice for Druitt the women would have come with him with no fuss and there was always the possibility if someone saw him during a murder they might not come forward
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
              Jonathan,

As much as we await your publication with baited breath, please could you answer one question...

Why on earth is it so outrageously expensive? (We could buy six of Trevor's books for that price! - should anyone feel the urge)

Amanda
              Maybe JH's book is 8 times better that TM's which makes it good value.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Also books from Aus are usually more expensive due to our economy
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I'm buying it regardless I think it might enable us to say case closed for the final time.
                  Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Well....

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                    I'm buying it regardless I think it might enable us to say case closed for the final time.
                    I'm buying it too, regardless of the price, just saying it is a tad expensive.

Anything that brings new perspective and solid info to the table can only be a positive thing. However, Jonathan needs to stop baiting these newbies and give some genuine facts for us to get our teeth into before delivering his 'case-solved' phenomena.
                    Btw, Pinkmoon, were you and Jonathan H separated at birth?

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
                      I'm buying it too, regardless of the price, just saying it is a tad expensive.

Anything that brings new perspective and solid info to the table can only be a positive thing. However, Jonathan needs to stop baiting these newbies and give some genuine facts for us to get our teeth into before delivering his 'case-solved' phenomena.
                      Btw, Pinkmoon, were you and Jonathan H separated at birth?

Amanda
                      Hi Amanda ,I always thought Druitt was the answer to this mystery but the sticking point was apart from any evidence linking him to these murders(a fact that has never stopped anyone in the past proposing a person as our killer)knowing what the private information was I think if we know that we could have result as for Jonathan he just hasn't got my class charm or wit or modesty I do envy him though living in Australia.
                      Last edited by pinkmoon; 01-10-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I'm sure Jonathan will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he is even trying for a "case solved".
                        G U T

Comment

Hi Amanda ,I always thought Druitt was the answer to this mystery but the sticking point was apart from any evidence linking him to these murders(a fact that has never stopped anyone in the past proposing a person as our killer)knowing what the private information was I think if we know that we could have result as for Jonathan he just hasn't got my class charm or wit or modesty I do envy him though living in Australia.
                          And that is something to envy, except bugger it's hot at the moment.
                          G U T

Comment

I'm sure Jonathan will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he is even trying for a "case solved".
                            Party pooper.

Comment

And that is something to envy, except bugger it's hot at the moment.
                              The bit that appeals to me about Australia isn't the climate its the fact that if I lived there I would be hundreds of miles away from the wife.

Comment

The bit that appeals to me about Australia isn't the climate its the fact that if I lived there I would be hundreds of miles away from the wife.
                                Thousands even, but the same amount closer to mine and she could be just as bad.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X