Valerie Storey Has Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valerie Storey Has Died

I have just discovered that Valerie Storey died yesterday (15 April, 2016). A brave and spirited lady. RIP

R.i.p.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi Julie,

sad news indeed, and thank you for letting us know. She always came across as a very strong-willed person who refused to let her injuries get in the way of having a life, which was changed so dramatically in a manner it is difficult for us even to imagine. God bless.

Graham
      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Valerie Storie has died

According to the Slough Obseverver Valerie Storie died on Easter Saturday, 26 March 2016.

R.I.P.

Comment

Thanks for the date clarification Spitfire.

Comment

Valerie Storie RIP

Comment

Very sad news.

Valerie had, latterly, devoted much of her time to advancing the rights of disabled peoples in the community. A good woman for sure.

I have no doubt she gave true and honest evidence at the trial of James Hanratty, for which he was found guilty. I also happen to think she was wrong. I think she made a false identification.

But despite my misgivings about the case I never felt the need to denigrate her evidence. It was given in open court and she never deviated from it. Her evidence is the strongest evidence in this frustrating case, albeit I happen to think it is wrong.

Valerie Storie was a good woman.

Comment

Valerie Storie has died, and one can congratulate her spirit that this terrible event did not destroy her. Her death also kills off (I believe) the last living witness to what happened in that automobile.

RIP Miss Storie,

Jeff

Comment

R.I.P. Valerie Storie. A brave woman to have spent the last 54 years plus confined to a wheelchair. Nevertheless I believe 100% that she made a wrong identification of James Hanratty which had fatal consequences.
                  "A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

"Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]

Comment

A great pity this one thread could not have been confined to what this brave lady endured all those years ago and how she went on to help others with disabilities despite her own.

Rest in peace, Valerie.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                      A great pity this one thread could not have been confined to what this brave lady endured all those years ago and how she went on to help others with disabilities despite her own.

Rest in peace, Valerie.

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      It is isn't it.

Some just can't resist.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post

Rest in peace, Valerie.

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        Hi Caz,

I couldn't agree more.

Graham
                        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Honest opinions not allowed on this thread.
                          "A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

"Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]

Comment

Telegraph obit:

Valerie Storie, who has died aged 77, was raped, repeatedly shot and left for dead in 1961 by the masked gunman who had just murdered her lover, Michael Gregsten, by shooting him in the head twice at point blank range;

A formidable woman, I'd imagine, who's 'can do, let's get on with it' attitude I can only admire. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                            X